Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The "Matrix" alum will play a "powerful ally" in the upcoming Marvel Netflix series.

Full article here.
    Carrie Ann Moss in a Marvel TV show?!?!

I thought they had peaked by nabbing David Tennant, but this cast just continues to grow and develop.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Mighty Member

Most likely an original character, but if not my guess is Dakota North

Spectacular Member

My guess is She-Hulk. Dakota North doesn't say "powerful ally" to me.
    Hank Pym: You're taking over? Come on, give me one good reason why—
    Iron Man: Three words. You're. Hank. Pym.

Marvel are mixing things up to make it look like the events associated with the characters are a lot more spread out time-wise. If all the heroes were the same age, and thus all gained their powers at roughly the same time, things would look pretty weird as though it was all down to a single incident. She could be an older-than-traditionally-normal Spider-woman; or the JJJ replacement, the MGH dealer, the mother of the small-town runaway, or just one of the family members who contacts Jones to get some closure with Killgrave.

Marvel are getting trickey with their announcements now too. Don't assume anything is certain till we see them onscreen. Perhaps Moss is playing Hellcat and Rachael Taylor is a stealth Carol Danvers casting; a tallish 30yo blonde...
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Or they are who marvel says they are. Taylor (Patricia Walker) and Moss (not disclosed).

BANNED

Well, we can wait until the series is released to find out.

Oh, wait. What am I saying???

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

Probably very wishful thinking but she is a detective herself and powerful. Might have to change the name though.

But whoever they have, great actress. Very happy with the casts they have for Daredevil and Jessica Jones so far.
    You're right. It probably is wishful thinking for Moss to be Jessica Drew. That doesn't make it any less tantalizing.

I don't know who she'll be, but I'm glad Carrie-Anne Moss is now in the fold. She might not have the same big name draw she once did while the Matrix was still ongoing, but she does have experience in fantasy and sci-fi that can only help. I really would love it if she played Jessica Drew. I'm just not going to get my hopes up.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    My guess is She-Hulk. Dakota North doesn't say "powerful ally" to me.
    One need not be strong to be powerful. Knowledge, influence or talent can all be powerful traits irrespective of physicality.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

Quote Originally Posted by snark^ View Post
    Marvel are getting trickey with their announcements now too. Don't assume anything is certain till we see them onscreen. Perhaps Moss is playing Hellcat and Rachael Taylor is a stealth Carol Danvers casting; a tallish 30yo blonde...
    That seems a bit far fetched.

This would also be to my knowledge the only instance of them introducing a character on TV first and then spinning them off into the movies. They haven't done anything like that in the past so I can't see that being the case.

Well they did mention that Carol would be part of AKA Jessica Jones...

But I'll also hedge my bets with pre-Hulked out Jen

Quote Originally Posted by CapPrincess89 View Post
    Well they did mention that Carol would be part of AKA Jessica Jones...

But I'll also hedge my bets with pre-Hulked out Jen
    They said Carol was gonna be part of the show years ago when it was first pitched at ABC, but that seems to have changed now that we're getting a Captain Marvel movie. From the description it sounds like they're making Hellcat into a Carol-like character who serves as Jessica's best friend instead.