Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Battleworld: Master of Kung-Fu

Haden Blackman is writing a Battlworld miniseries focusing on the K'un-Lun section of the map. Story will focus on the characters of Shang Chi, Iron Fist, and Elektra among others. Sounds pretty exciting!

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ex...i/1100-151191/

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

First thing out of Secret Wars that sounds interesting to me. I hope he gets a killer artist.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Just saw this on newsarama. Concept art looks nice. It has my interest. Just wish sh as ng would keep the bruce lee look. Also like the way kitty and elektra look
    Last edited by Jameszahra; 02-02-2015 at 02:15 PM.

Well, Shang chi at least, seems to be getting rebooted. I'm not sure if I'm going to pick this up, but I'm liking the new Lockheed.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Interesting news. Will most likely pick this up.

Not interested. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    Just saw this on newsarama. Looks very interesting. Im guessing these characters are from an alternative universe
    Looks like it. I like the artist's interpretations of the characters, and even without Elektra this world sounds really intriguing.

Fantastic news. Here's hoping Del Mundo can draw it as well.

An entire Kung-Fu based land. This. This sounds amazing. Gonna have to blast some Wu-Tang while I read.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

OMG this looks amazing! That Lockheed design is awesome, though I hope it doesn't mean our classic little dragon from 616 is going to get erased. But this sounds like a fun alternate universe, can't wait to read about it. Kun Lun would be interesting to survive past Secret Wars, maybe?

Well, this is about the one and only thing that appeals to me from what I've of Secret Wars so far. I'm glad Iron Fist is getting a higher profile.

Re-imagining some of the X-Men as martial arts character sounds interesting too, looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    First thing out of Secret Wars that sounds interesting to me. I hope he gets a killer artist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Fantastic news. Here's hoping Del Mundo can draw it as well.
    It says right there in the article that Dalibor Talajić will be handling the art.

BANNED

The artist seems to have a pretty practical style, so he'll probably excel at this kinda title.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    It says right there in the article that Dalibor Talajić will be handling the art.
    Ah missed that since I just skimmed the article. Thanks for pointing that out. I like the look of the art and this should be a fun world to see.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Am I the only person who thinks this concept might be a means of making Iron Fist Asian so they can use that concept in time for his Netflix series, out of interest? He's called Rand-Kai here. Also totally imagining Luke Cage in Afro Samurai mode now. And maybe they could sneak elements of the Ronin series in from a few years back, that was another concept I loved.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Haden Blackman is writing a Battlworld miniseries focusing on the K'un-Lun section of the map. Story will focus on the characters of Shang Chi, Iron Fist, and Elektra among others. Sounds pretty exciting!

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ex...i/1100-151191/
    Thanks for posting this tsaimelemoni! Great to see Shang Chi in action. I prefer the look he had in Secret Avengers or his last mini, but I'll take Shang Chi in just about anyway now.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark