Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Am I the only person who thinks this concept might be a means of making Iron Fist Asian so they can use that concept in time for his Netflix series, out of interest? He's called Rand-Kai here. Also totally imagining Luke Cage in Afro Samurai mode now. And maybe they could sneak elements of the Ronin series in from a few years back, that was another concept I loved.
    He still looks pretty Caucasian in the artwork.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Fantastic news. Here's hoping Del Mundo can draw it as well. : D
    Bummer. Just skimmed the article and it's no Del Mundo who is doing the art. It's Dalibor Talajić. I am so disappointed. I'm even disappointed in that Francaville cover, and I usually love his stuff.

Why can't Marvel get a Chinese artist to do this sort of book? Like Daxiong Gua? Or someone with the sensibilities of a Chinese Fantasy artist? Someone more wuxia than Western ku fu noir.

http://daxiong.deviantart.com/gallery/

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Ok so is anyone here from 616? Doesn't look like it. So some new mutants and kitty and lockheed. We'll at least Shang chi, and iron fist are getting panel time
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Ok so is anyone here from 616? Doesn't look like it. So some new mutants and kitty and lockheed. We'll at least Shang chi, and iron fist are getting panel time
    No, they're all from the Kun Lun Universe, which appears to be a world where martial artists learn their amazing abilities rather than having them by accident or from their DNA.

Except for the character of Shang's father, they all look like alternates of 616 counterparts, given some new names. Outside of Kitty and Typhoid Mary, which of the others are mutants?

Edit: nvm, just paid closer attention to the other names lol

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    An entire Kung-Fu based land. This. This sounds amazing. Gonna have to blast some Wu-Tang while I read.
    Sir you have a gooooodd idea....I will also suggest some 70's movie soundtrack.

Awwww hell yeah

Ill read this!

BUY LIST ASAP
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Except for the character of Shang's father, they all look like alternates of 616 counterparts, given some new names. Outside of Kitty and Typhoid Mary, which of the others are mutants?
    Judging by the interview on Comicvine I'm not certain whether anyone in this universe is a mutant or not, they seem to train their abilities or have some magical chi connection? I suppose this universe might end up seeming like Marvel does Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Judging by the interview on Comicvine I'm not certain whether anyone in this universe is a mutant or not, they seem to train their abilities or have some magical chi connection? I suppose this universe might end up seeming like Marvel does Avatar: The Last Airbender.
    That...would make it one of the best alternate universe of MU....Wait does this means that Ms Marvel could be this dimension equivalente of Korra?

This is going straight on my pull list! Very pleased that Blackman gets to continue writing Elektra plus all the others involved look great as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    That...would make it one of the best alternate universe of MU....Wait does this means that Ms Marvel could be this dimension equivalente of Korra?
    Cai-Rel the great and powerful War Bird?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Am I the only person who thinks this concept might be a means of making Iron Fist Asian so they can use that concept in time for his Netflix series, out of interest? He's called Rand-Kai here. Also totally imagining Luke Cage in Afro Samurai mode now. And maybe they could sneak elements of the Ronin series in from a few years back, that was another concept I loved.
    He's always been Danny Rand-Kai. Sometimes people just don't use it for some reason.
    Cyclops was right

It seems the countries in Battleworld will be used as self-contained worlds. I wonder if this Shang-shi will cross to the main universe after Secret Wars.