Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jodoc View Post
    Sam and Cat did an episode with a lot of Silence references - the row of cells, the pit in the basement, 'it puts the lotion on,' the last phone call from the Hannibal character -the whole nine yards. Now how many of the kids who are that show's target audience will have seen the movie? Or is it that big a part of the culture?
    I've seen Silence a few time in open TV signal, during the afternoon. What was R-rated is now Sunday afternoon filler.

Hmmmm... interesting.

Neither chicken nor egg. Dizzy D's Avatar

Morning people,

I debated whether I'd sign up again, browsed a bit through the complaints thread, but no point in posting there. Overall not happy, especially not the way the Classic Boards had been treated (Slam or anybody else that has the URL for the new Classic boards, can you give me a PM or mail? Already asked Chris through mail, but don't know when he'll get around to it), but they put a post-it with "& Classics" on the Independents board and that should fix everything.

Oh well, good to see Mattbib again and it's been years since I talked to Munchking/Nobody/several other names I can't remember (still have the pre-previous crash SoapOperus threads and You vs. threads saved).

Quote Originally Posted by DubipR View Post
    Morning Puma.

How do you like the CBRNu52 Forums?
    It smells different.

But I figure once the dust settles it will be fine. I lived through the great crash, I'll live through this (although 2 of the 9 lives have been lost)...
    What have I always believed?
    That, on the whole, and by and large, if a man lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, in the end, more or less, turn out all right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmonaut View Post
    Hi Ritas people. I used to be ChadH. I seized the opportunity and changed my name. Glad to see many of you here.
    Comforting in a weird way.
    Welcome back, nice to see you, will have to get used to the new name, I thought about changing mine, but...nah.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkbunny View Post
    Whoa! Somebody was busy today.

That, too.

I am back!

I had a busy day, but not as busy as CBR....
    It's pretty, and nice to see so many friends here already.

Snarkie!!! Welcome back. I was shocked also, I almost did not come back, but I saw familiar faces come back, I decided to.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I'm a-here, beeyatches!
    Nice to see Spike!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hod View Post
    Hi everyone. Kinda new around here, so thought I'd pop in and see what all this fuss was about.

Hope this means some older members return.

Apart from thehod. What a total knob that guy was.
    Welcome Hod, I thought thehod was nice also!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Ohayo gozaimasu, my little punishers! I'm here! Took a little effort after I had to register all over again, but you're not getting rid of me, CBR!

(Ooooh! New smilies!)
    Welcome back Philly! I also had trouble with regregistering, but finally we got it straightened out.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Did Pip already get banned or is it just his user title? can someone pm me?

Morning people.
    It smells different.

But I figure once the dust settles it will be fine. I lived through the great crash, I'll live through this (although 2 of the 9 lives have been lost)...

Morning Puma! It is a little different, but like you said once the dust settles, everything should be fine.

Nevermind, answered.
    I know there was something else here before, but I forgot what it was. Must not have been important.

I so don't want to go to work, would rather just sit and watch the sunrise. Damn being an adult.
    That, on the whole, and by and large, if a man lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, in the end, more or less, turn out all right.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W. View Post
    Nevermind, answered.
    Paul! Miss the Bette avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Guapo Méndez View Post
    Agreed! you're making me think this morning.

I so don't want to go to work, would rather just sit and watch the sunrise. Damn being an adult.
    May 1st, we have the day off. We shoukd have had tomorrow off, too, but the authoritays decided we've had enough days off.

It smells different.
    Yeah, I hear ya, but the way this transition was done was bush league, IMO. No notification, nothing on the main page letting the posters know about the transition; just amateurish.
    What upsets me is we lost a great board due to this streamlining; the Classic Comics Board. Aside from the frequent RITAS post and Cover Contest, that board was more of a haven of comics talk to me than other drama-for-yo-mama boards. I'm glad the posters over there have seceded and created our own board elsewhere. Honestly, its a better fit for us.

I don't mind the change, it was just done so slapdash.

Quote Originally Posted by DubipR View Post
    Yeah, I hear ya, but the way this transition was done was bush league, IMO. No notification, nothing on the main page letting the posters know about the transition; just amateurish.
    What upsets me is we lost a great board due to this streamlining; the Classic Comics Board. Aside from the frequent RITAS post and Cover Contest, that board was more of a haven of comics talk to me than other drama-for-yo-mama boards. I'm glad the posters over there have seceded and created our own board elsewhere. Honestly, its a better fit for us.

I don't mind the change, it was just done so slapdash.
    They're talking about bringing it back. I don't mind the loss (I had been more ff-than-on te past moths) and I'm sure my epic screeds against MoS and The Prequels can be recreated in a second. Minus the remark that earned me a yellow card.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W. View Post
    Nevermind, answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guapo Méndez View Post
    I miss Devil Betty as well...and the black hat one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joedocwife View Post
    Welcome back, nice to see you, .
    Good to see you Joedocwife. We need more kittens on this damn relaunch...

BANNED

There, that's better.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    What's wrong with Rumbles?
    I can make a list...

Quote Originally Posted by howyadoin View Post
    This feels weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Hopefully all that's missing is people being trolls. I'm willing to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbib View Post
    Rita's 500 Club anyone? Hahaha.

Remember the big accidental purge of...what was it?...2004? Man, that one was fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    coming in to say "hello" as I liked what Jonah said on Facebook (in a thread by Morts).

so figured, OK, i *did* go into the CBR Bar at C2E2, so might as well register and come in and say hello.

Hopefully the atmosphere Jonah stated he is going for, is what I find.

I DO see a lot of names I recognize, and am pleased to see many of you still here. . it's been a while
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentley-23fan23 View Post
    Hello Rita's.
    Holy rarely-seen faces, Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    I think we're still allowed to make jokes, just don't be an *******.
    Well, ****. There goes my raison d'etre.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post

There, that's better.
    GOOD MORNING!

How goes it Jeff?