Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

New Avengers must be some out of continuity book or something to her than 616

I've heard of Uncanny though. Oh well,It's probably dismissible.

BANNED

Its an infinitely more interesting book than the weak ass Storm title.

Storm could of been important in that book but oh look Storm weeping over Wolverines grave, exciting!

BANNED

Storm will be in the black vortex! Crossover power!

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post

Squee. Unless, of course, this ends up being another event where the X-Men are the bad guys. Lolz.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Storm ain't a solo character and none of the team books she was in really lead to her going solo.

It sorta randomly happened...

Storm also being in other books as well meant they didn't need to put faith in her solo career when they know she still works on teams and is on other teams already.

Quote Originally Posted by kumiho View Post
    The reason Storm's book did not sell is not that it was a bad book, or that she was poorly portrayed, or that people were upset about her marriage breaking up. Her series failing is for the same reasons that so many other books are failing nowadays. Marvel solo title books, like Storm, and satellite team books like All New X-Factor are generally cut off, storywise, from the rest of the MU. They don't have a tie in to the big events which people are keeping up with, so their is no urgency to buy the books. Thus, fans do what is most logical, wait for the trade books to come out. Lets face it. Comics have become RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE!! They used to be a cheap hobby, easy to start into and keep up with. Now, it is a major investment. At upwards of five bucks a pop, how many people are dishing out cash for numerous titles a month for single issue releases? It's not that fans aren't anxious to read these books. It's that they do the smart and economical thing, and wait for the trades to come out for way less money. Unfortunately, Marvel has not planned a strategy around this, and they are not about to lower their prices, even on digital sales, which they really could be raking in tons of cash on, and using more to gauge sales then just depending on the Diamond distributions they use now, which is an outdated and silly way to track sales. So we end up losing great books like Storm, Nightcrawler, All-New X-Factor, Gambit, etc. Until Marvel rethinks their merchandising and sales routines, side books are going to keep getting cancelled, and the fans of those books will keep being disappointed.
    This as well, Marvel needs to update how they do things for sure.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 02-04-2015 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post

Squee. Unless, of course, this ends up being another event where the X-Men are the bad guys. Lolz.
    Nice cover...really screams goddess - kinda "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum and I'm all out of gum", but with Storm and not Duke.

BANNED

We just need more ongoing solo for Storm.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly, the marriage itself was a slight against her character. Being freed of it was a step forward, and a much desired one. CBR should really look into their columnists more, this is sloppy work befitting Bleeding Cool or other lesser sites.
    Oy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Oy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Somebody's ears were burning...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGodKing View Post
    Its an infinitely more interesting book than the weak ass Storm title.

Storm could of been important in that book but oh look Storm weeping over Wolverines grave, exciting!
    It's normal for Storm to weep over Wolverine because they had a thing.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

They didn't leave on the best of terms and we all know wolverine was only a rebound for her to get back at Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Quite random when you consider that her cosmic history isn't that extensive. Course it isn't the first time Marvel's done something like this.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    I'm not sure why he's saying Storm's marriage ending was not appreciated by Storm fans - many were pretty happy about it.
    Thats what I remember. But you cant coast on that. Fans arent just gonna read any story just because Storm isnt married to T'Challa. I mean she isnt now so she should be free to flourish. And she really isnt. None of the X-Men really are.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post

Unfortunately, the book started out too slow with the stories being told which were too nostalgic, lacked action and had no supervillains to show up. While the earlier issues were entertaining, Pak started with the wrong stories to debut a brand new solo title. He should have started with larger, more exciting stories featuring exciting villains for Storm to fight. That said, he has moved on to really exciting stories now and the only thing that needs to change in the book is Storm's appearance. She needs her long hair back and she needs an artist that can draw her beautifully.
    This, and this is the problem I had with the NC solo as well. But the thing is I feel the book was starting to pick up steam but it may be too late. I think partly they tried to make Storm the current idea of cool instead of letting her be cool as herself if that makes any sense. I mean this is a seasoned, worldly woman and she was acting like in a mid-life crisis. Her mohawk I dont mind but it does seem kind of odd to have now, I loved her original mohawk run, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Yip, basically this. Forge is where I lost all hope as well.

I'll second this storyline...Storm deserved better.
    I didn't mind it as much, at least they remembered they were no longer together, unlike Kurt and Amanda. If they acted all in love I would have been a lot more irritated. I agree a story like the Forge one should have come later.