Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Previews y'all: Batman/Superman #21

http://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/363806

Dang man, his powers are hanging by a thread. He reminds me of Ultimate Cap. America in power. His spunk is really nice to see though. I'm wondering how Pak will use Superman's remaining powers and his mind to get him out of bad spots with his bigger foes.

Also, that ending though....

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Okay, I'm a bit confused when it comes to his powers.
    In the Superman sneak peek, he could leap and knock out a dude who could lift a car with a double slam. In Action, he took on an army of Ninja...Things, and was only very superficially hurt. Here, he's seems, well....yeah I guess Ultimate Cap is a good comparaison. I mean, when it comes to punching RoboBatman, I suppose you can argue that Jim's armor is a very good piece of engireering (and I suppose reversing the roles and having Batman as the powerhouse and Superman as the underdog who needs to rely on his wits to stay in the fight was too obvious to pass up), but yeah, looks like he might actually need that bike.
    So, what gives? Is it getting worse? Is it fluctuating? Hope we get some clarification once the whole thing is actually starting over.
    Nice entrance, though. "Close enough". The "Who the hell are you" moment was funny too. You can tell they're perfectly aware of some of the reactions they were going to get.
    And yeah, seeing that Golden Age self assured cockiness back was pretty nice (although, really, he doesn't sound all that different from the usual Pak's Superman).
    Also, are these guys the cyborg neo nazis from AC 25? Because that would be so awesome if they were.
    So, not as great as the AC sneak peek, but good enough, probably a bit by the number (I mean, we all knew they were gonna fight. That's like, superhero 1.0.1). And the ending is intriguing. Luthor, what are you even doing here?
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Well, that was... different. Could be interesting, maybe, but it could also be terrible. At least it's not dull.

Lex's new look is...interesting. Hipster Lex Luthor anyone ?

Though of course Luthor would call him Superman instead of Clark, even now that his identity is exposed, considering he probably sees Clark as a mask Superman used to infiltrate humanity. And now he seems committed to reining Clark in under his control now that Superman is depowered and not as welcomed by authorities, just so Lex can have Superman under his thumb and rub it in his face.

Action was good but Superman on a motorcycle...I don't know, on the one hand it led to some cool scenes but it just feels weird and off-putting seeing Superman on a motrocyle. There are a lot more characters where that would look far more appropriate than Superman.

And Clark's attitude and some of what he said just felt off, like he was far more aggressive than I think he should be, and Jim's Batman seemed a little too quick to judgements when he got in there. Unless Superman has done something to warrant that?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lex's new look is...interesting. Hipster Lex Luthor anyone ?

Though of course Luthor would call him Superman instead of Clark, even now that his identity is exposed, considering he probably sees Clark as a mask Superman used to infiltrate humanity. And now he seems committed to reining Clark in under his control now that Superman is depowered and not as welcomed by authorities, just so Lex can have Superman under his thumb and rub it in his face.

Action was good but Superman on a motorcycle...I don't know, on the one hand it led to some cool scenes but it just feels weird and off-putting seeing Superman on a motrocyle. There are a lot more characters where that would look far more appropriate than Superman.

And Clark's attitude and some of what he said just felt off, like he was far more aggressive than I think he should be, and Jim's Batman seemed a little too quick to judgements when he got in there. Unless Superman has done something to warrant that?
    Strangely enough, it almost seemed to me that Gordon didn't actually recognized Superman. I guess being in jail and training to be Batman left him somewhat out of the loop as to the whole "exposed identity" thing. And he actually felt more "hardcore" in the Batman Sneak Peek, so I guess Pak is actually being consistent with the other writers.
    As for Superman, well...his attitude didn't strike me as odd with the gangsters, and Batman pretty much jumped on him. So I guess there was the swearing, but then again, Pak had him swear since pretty much his first issue. To me, this Clark sounded a bit like the one from AC 25, where he was in a similar situation.
    As for Luthor's new look, I personnaly call it "Pimp Luthor". I dunno, looks a bit like it to me.
    Finally, upon further rereading, I now feel like I overstated the "depowered part" in my first post. He's clearly tougher than any take of Captain America. I mean, he rides through a wall and took a rocket to the face without dying or even being seriously hurt, so he's arguably around early Golden Agein terms of toughness. And the whole trick with his bike and the lampost would have clearly ripped his arm off if he was anywhere near human like. So yeah, The only points of contention were the fistfight with RoboBat (but then again, in a world where Lexcorp can create an armor that goes toe to toe with full powered Kryptonian, it wouldn't be surprising if he was just that tough), and the use of his bike to escape, which isn't exactly news. So I guess it's actually consistent.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Well, he took a rocket to the motorcycle which is far from pleasant but much less dangerous. He's about as strong as Ultimate Cap or MCU Cap from what it seems. Definitely wouldn't want to run into Spidey in a dark alley.

Not a bad preview aside from this strange thing with Superman trying to sound tough in narration boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Well, he took a rocket to the motorcycle which is far from pleasant but much less dangerous. He's about as strong as Ultimate Cap or MCU Cap from what it seems. Definitely wouldn't want to run into Spidey in a dark alley.

Not a bad preview aside from this strange thing with Superman trying to sound tough in narration boxes.
    Frankly, it barely makes a difference for a regular human, or even classic Cap. Instead of dying when hit by the rocket, he would have died when hitting the ground because of the velocity.

BANNED

I got a Predator vibe from the "Who the hell are you?" exchange.

Art looks solid, fight seems intense enough. Supes is concerned for Bruce from the immediate get-go to, which is a nice touch.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Frankly, it barely makes a difference for a regular human, or even classic Cap. Instead of dying when hit by the rocket, he would have died when hitting the ground because of the velocity.
    I think we can agree he's at least above classic Cap. So if you really think this comic is going by actual physics, and can work this situation out in an equation, you'll probably help me on an upcoming exam.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I think we can agree he's at least above classic Cap. So if you really think this comic is going by actual physics, and can work this situation out in an equation, you'll probably help me on an upcoming exam.
    Heh. Fair enough.
    We'll see when we get there anyway.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Not bad. I echo pretty much that it was a little weird seeing Supes acting tougher than usual...but when one goes from being able to withstand the tactical nuclear strike to being able to feel a small rocket hit you in the face...well...I guess he has to use a bit more intimidation.

I do like the visuals of the motorcycle.I don't want Kal permanently be depowered to this degree,but it's fun for the moment.

The appearance by Lex Luthor was somewhat a surprise. I can't wait to see Lex's reaction to the news of his dual identity. I hope in the course of this story, Lex brings up the whole "icarus" thing Morrison hinted in his initial arc but never followed up on it. If so, I'm sure Luthor will rub it in that Superman through Clark Kent pretty much helped him become what he is in terms of power and influence. The irony would be too delicious for Lex to avoid reminding Supes of it.

I liked this preview. I think it just suffers a little in comparison to that stunning Action Comics preview.
    You will need a miracle to defeat us, mutant! You are severely outnumbered!
    My brother's the one who cares about numbers.
    THUNK
    I'm the one who believes in miracles.

Astonishing Member

He's a lot weaker than I thought he was going to be. I was thinking more along the lines of AC#1 S&S or Morrison but this is closer to Cap.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Lex has gone all Vibe on us.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

this has everything I don't like on superman post-convergence.

not even lex escaped