Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Hey, Supey's finally getting a finisher move!
    Cyclops was right

He still has that terrible high collar but at least it's a bit smaller and the piping is gone. The boots look more like the classic ones, which is great because I hated the Jim Lee clunky boot design with the unnecessary lines. The finger gloves seem kinda silly.

I wish they would just use a costume similar to the MoS design. But just with brighter colors.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine11500 View Post

but is it really needed. He's the most powerful Superhero. This might make him extremely overpowered.I'm willing to bet tho,that his new power is sun based.

Maybe he can call down solar energy or emit huge Solar flares from his cells or something..not sure
    Could be some radioactive AOE blast.

Supermans God Blast? Minus the Hammer??
    Agreed on everything. He's the most powerful being in the planet, and this might be a ''last resort'' power, something to visually display how powerful/dangerous he can be.

Energy blast? Its similar to supergirl's new 52's power.

They aren't 'fingerless' gloves. It's just the sleeves extending over the back of the hand.

Here's a better look from the Superman #39 cover...

The new powers are cool but I'm not feeling the new costume, I wasn't feeling the old one either. Not easy to please when it comes to New 52 Superman, but I will say this costume seems to possibly be an improvement over the previous one.

I say he calls the new power Taiyoken!

I'm not sure how I feel about Superman having yet another offensive power. He's already considered the most powerful being around. I don't think he needed this kind of power upgrade.

The cosutme looks decent. I'm not a fan of the new sleeves, but overall it's nice. I didn't mind his current look. although there were times when some artists made him look too bulky.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about Superman having yet another offensive power. He's already considered the most powerful being around. I don't think he needed this kind of power upgrade.

The cosutme looks decent. I'm not a fan of the new sleeves, but overall it's nice. I didn't mind his current look. although there were times when some artists made him look too bulky.
    Seems more to be about a very dangerous power he cannot control. Probably just for a story arc

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

Seems more to be about a very dangerous power he cannot control. Probably just for a story arc

Also doesn't the old suit have sleeves. They just didn't go beyond his hands but I distinctly remember blue sleeves on all his suits

Double post, sorry

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I really don't mind dropping the briefs, but the costume still looks awkward with piping and a collar. Looks better than before, though.

So some sort of solar discharge ability, I'm guessing? Interesting.

what exactly is the new power- and is his energy reserve drained as a result?

There is no word yet on the exact nature of it nor the consequence. There is a rumor out there though from someone whom supposedly read the issue early that its like a solar flare, and he loses his powers for a day if he uses it. Recent information seems to corroborate this, but again its not confirmed.

If its going to present an ongoing issue for him, it sounds like this might at first be something he has trouble controlling and might be emotion-based, at least initially.

I'm waiting for the day Superman can shoot out mini-mes again.
    Life is but a dream