Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Is this really something he needed? I mean the guy already has the 'too many powers' argument against him.
    Normally, the argument has been that his new powers made beating villains too easy and convenient. This new power? It's looks to be more inconvenient and possibly troublesome. I am willing to accept this as a temporary power, and look forward to reading more about it.

I'm a sucker of powers that are too powerful/risk to use them. I think that's one classic concept that's underused in comics.

Astonishing Member

I think the most exciting thing for me about this is actually probably getting to see Fabok draw the new costume this June. I like JRJR, I even think it's a strong design (the yellow in the belt is so sensible that I didn't even notice it when I first examined the new look) and half the fun of new designs is the shakedown period.

Remember how bad New 52 Batman's costume was, and remember how much better it kept looking as Capullo just stopped drawing all the little lines on it ... and then Burnham got his hands on it and was like "eh, I'm just gonna draw Classic Batman without the trunks, basically", and it got honed. Ditto Superman - everybody stopped making the boots look so dumb.

Nightwing, too, come to think of it. When Brett Booth took over he dialed down the redundant seams and added a couple tiny sensible things elsewhere. Batgirl, they ditched the purple because the gold and purple was too busy. (Conversely we've been waiting for somebody to fix Red Robin's costume for 3 years. Somebody? Anybody?)
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Motion comic footage of Superman's new power in action:

You know how some greeting cards have that thing where you open them and music starts playing? I hope every time Superman does that comes accompanied with that guitar riff around 0:22.
    Buh-bye

Well, if Colossus from the X-Men Konami arcade game can have that power, why not Superman?

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I think of Superman as having all his five senses at an infinite level plus strength, speed, and intellect. I hope this is not just his heat vision, but amped up to eleven. Sometimes that sun god stuff is taken too far.

Solar Flare? Are you kidding me right now? Is he going to make his enemies blind temporarily?

Incredible Member

I think it sounds cool, and cant wait to read about it on Thurs, when I pick up the books.

BANNED

From what I understand, Superman loses his powers for a twenty-four hour period after using the "super flare." Seems to me Johns is trying to make Superman less powerful so as to give him some more conflict/drama from being weakened.

It's a twist on what happened when Superman Blue/Red reverted to Clark Kent and what became of Superman after his battle with Prime in Infinite Crisis. It will allow for some story potential, but will it be enough to bring something new and interesting to a run that has yet to be those things? That's my take, of course, but I don't feel a "new" suit and one new power will do much to aid the rudderless New 52 Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Solar Flare? Are you kidding me right now? Is he going to make his enemies blind temporarily?
    Its not just a blinding light, its a legit explosion. Solar flare is just a name we fans are giving it right now. Don't know what its proper name will be.

And no, just a tweaked suit and a new power won't aid anything, but that's because New 52 Superman doesn't need aid. He's already awesome.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-03-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Motion comic footage of Superman's new power in action:

You know how some greeting cards have that thing where you open them and music starts playing? I hope every time Superman does that comes accompanied with that guitar riff around 0:22.
    Man, superman should fight some Majin Buu type or something. Itd be interesting to see Supes face a child like destructive genie. Even though he could mollywhopp it back into Babidi's ship
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Amazing Member

I've read the issue. The new power is explained. What it is is explained. And yes, it seems Clark is becoming stronger.

Spectacular Member

We weren't that far off with calling it solar flare. It's super flare.

Always Rakzo

This was a quite good conclusion, worked pretty nicely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    This was a quite good conclusion, worked pretty nicely.
    I liked it too