Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

The new power looks cool. Kind of 'Goku-ish' but cool! Besides, it reminds me of Cir-el's powers (Superman's daughter from an alternate future...); it was referred to as 'Red Sun Burst' (Superman v2 #190-200).
    "If I wanted smooth,I'd be with Hal Jordan."

Spectacular Member Virile Agitur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will J. View Post
    The only thing I took away from this issue is that, at least as evidenced by how he writes him, any change to Superman not instituted by Geoff Johns is viewed as bad and must be changed as quickly as possible.
    that's certainly the way it feels.

now depending on how long johns actually stays on the book, we could see some of the "new and different" he was mentioning in the interviews he was giving leading up to his run.

but as it stands, he just seems to be slowly chipping away at some of the new that the new 52 introduced in the first place.

wasn't johns' rallying cry for the new 52 "no fear"? given that, he seems kinda skittish about upsetting superman's apple cart too much.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Virile Agitur View Post
    that's certainly the way it feels.

now depending on how long johns actually stays on the book, we could see some of the "new and different" he was mentioning in the interviews he was giving leading up to his run.

but as it stands, he just seems to be slowly chipping away at some of the new that the new 52 introduced in the first place.

wasn't johns' rallying cry for the new 52 "no fear"? given that, he seems kinda skittish about upsetting superman's apple cart too much.
    Tell me about it.

Look, I can't say I haven't enjoyed anything he's done, Shazam and Aquaman were enjoyable, and my rant in this thread aside, I like to think I don't come across as a blind hater of the man's work, but this...it seems like all of the things I don't like about him are being magnified. Now I'm probably imagining that, so that's on me, but to me, he lacks the imagination Superman needs in a writer.

Spectacular Member Virile Agitur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will J. View Post
    Tell me about it.

Look, I can't say I haven't enjoyed anything he's done, Shazam and Aquaman were enjoyable, and my rant in this thread aside, I like to think I don't come across as a blind hater of the man's work, but this...it seems like all of the things I don't like about him are being magnified. Now I'm probably imagining that, so that's on me, but to me, he lacks the imagination Superman needs in a writer.
    for all i know, johns is going blow the superman mythos wide open the way he did with green lantern. its certainly possible.

my burning question is how many times johns can tell the exact same jimmy olsen is bad at photography joke? twice so far in the first seven issues of this run. and at least one other time during the 'last son' storyline. talk about new and different!

When I first heard Superman was gaining a new power I was disgusted...more
    New 52 changes to my favorite character [roll eyes].

However, it seems like a logical progression beyond his heat vision. It's something I believe
    won't be used much considering how it depletes him. I'm not sure how true Batman's words
    were when he said "You'll be as human as I am". Being Kryptonian I would think Kal El's skin
    would still be impervious to a bullet and he'd be somewhat stronger than a human.

As for the costume...well nothing beats the classic IMHO.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

BANNED

And there is the power that ends the Brainiac/Anti-Monitor war.

While I know folks are mentioning this as a take on a "Supergirl" power, but Authority member Apollo has had this power since before the turn of the century. It is pretty much an amped up version of that power.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

So, no yellow on the belt buckle then? This was the image posted by DC on the article about Johns' departure from the title.

Is it even that hard to get that thing right? 3 different variations of the buckle so far haha

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post
    So, no yellow on the belt buckle then? This was the image posted by DC on the article about Johns' departure from the title.

Is it even that hard to get that thing right? 3 different variations of the buckle so far haha

It's also back to being a mandarin collar.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

With the DC news just out, here's the new suit drawn by another artist (Bryan Hitch). I still can't figure out what that design inside the buckle is. Seems like an arrow pointing upwards or something. I like how the sleeves don't extend that much all over the hands here.

Hard to see the point now in changing the belt at all if they weren't going to put the yellow buckle back in. That was the entire appeal to me, and from the comments I saw most everyone else as well.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

So, the "new" costume didn't turn out to be all that new after all.

Well, at least we got the "classic" boots back and it's officially no longer armor. So I guess that's something.

The belt looked so much better with the yellow buckle too. Oh well.

It is a little more streamlined thank goodness, but this was obviously over hyped, unless the plan changed at the last minute and a certain co-publisher pulled rank at the last minute to keep more of his revisions as part of the design (note the collar and the belt).

Anyhow, in other news the New 52 branding is going away....thank god. Hopefully eventually we can get the original numbering reinstated for ACTION, SUPERMAN, DETECTIVE,BATMAN and WONDER WOMAN in the print editions at least. I want my ACTION #1000, dammit!!!

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Well, Hitch makes it look good. Worth noting he isn't really drawing any of the characters as armored, which is certainly fine with me.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post

seems like colorist mistakes, the colar and the sleeves are different

BANNED

Onion did a article about it http://t.co/mm9htlA9Jc

that is a nice coverage for superman, even if is a funny one