View Poll Results: Do you want Mera to join the Justice League?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 88.00%
  • No

6 12.00%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Default WHEN Will Mera Join The Justice League?

Disclaimer: This post probably contains continuity errors and spoilers, I guess.

Since about the beginning of this whole New 52 thing, DC has teased us with potential Justice League rosters that contained heroes like Lady Luck which swiftly got scrapped and forgotten. In addition to this, DC had been teasing us with a "Trinity War" since about forever, and in a tiny little teaser we were shown Mera, as a member of the League, getting punched by the greatest female superhero of all time whilst wielding a cool pointy circle. (image) That thing, however, turned out to be a bust and it was just Martian Manhunter pretending to be her for a few scans cuz reasons. Now, as well all know, Geoff Johns, writer of the Justice League, loves Mera (source) and he has been able to add some of his favorites to the League like Captain Cold, but for some reason he keeps not adding Mera with every roster shakeup.
    Is there any good reason why we haven't seen Mera join the League, yet? I know there's always the explanation that she doesn't have a good motivation to do so, but honestly is more up to the writer. We know that if Johns really wanted to, he could easily give Mera a reason to join.
    In conclusion, these are my questions:
    -When do you think Mera will join the Justice League? (if ever)
    -Do you actually want her to?
    -Is Johns dropping hints that I'm totally picking up on?

Fantastic Member

I dont know im hoping soon hell im hoping she part of the league in the justice league movie my choice to play her in the movie

d6e1a831ba51470c103c57b3ebebd2bc.jpg
    Emily Blunt

Quote Originally Posted by blaster86 View Post
    I dont know im hoping soon hell im hoping she part of the league in the justice league movie my choice to play her in the movie

Emily Blunt
    Well, chances are you'll see Emily Blunt in a comic book movie soon, but it won't be for DC. Marvel has been heavily interested in her for awhile. They wanted her for Black Widow years ago, but she turned it down due to timing issues. They also wanted her for Peggy Carter, but she passed on that, too. Now, Emily Blunt is rumored to be one of the main contenders for Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel.

BANNED

Emily Blunt
    It was rumored a while ago that she had a role in BvS. She would be an awesome Mera but I liked Jason Momoa's idea of using minorities as Atlanteans. I said a while ago that she could be an awesome Zatanna. People really want her for a Marvel movie though so idk what will happen.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    It was rumored a while ago that she had a role in BvS. She would be an awesome Mera but I liked Jason Momoa's idea of using minorities as Atlanteans. I said a while ago that she could be an awesome Zatanna. People really want her for a Marvel movie though so idk what will happen.
    Technically Mera isn't Atlantean she from Xebel

As long as Aquaman is on the team, then why would they put Mera on the team? That's almost like putting Supergirl on a Justice League roster that already has Superman on it...

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    As long as Aquaman is on the team, then why would they put Mera on the team? That's almost like putting Supergirl on a Justice League roster that already has Superman on it...

Considering Mera's water-control powers, I'd say she's unique enough to be on the team alongside Aquaman.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Considering Mera's water-control powers, I'd say she's unique enough to be on the team alongside Aquaman.
    Totally agree.

Mera and Arthur are actually a devastating team in an underwater situation. Between the two of them? They can literally turn the entire ocean (and every living thing in it) against you. For non-underwater missions? Mera is actually more useful than Arthur. As long as there's water nearby, Mera can still use her powers. No sea creatures around? One whole power Aquaman just can't use.

Mera is an awesome character all around, and I'd love to see her finally get her time on the Justice League. It would be especially fun if she and Arthur could be on together, because then she and Arthur could team up with Superman and Wonder Woman on a "double date" of powerful doom. Diana seems to be drawing closer to both Arthur and Mera, so that would be quite a bond between these four great characters.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member

Because DC doesn't see an obviously good idea. Seriously, this SHOULD have happened all the way back post-Blackest Night.

And that's why she's on the Justice League...

... in the Pre-Flashpoint universe

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Actually, I like Momoa's idea, but to build on top of that Xebelians should be cast with a different race from the Atlanteans because they would have been isolated from them for such a long time.
    Also, my picks for Mera would be Emily Blunt or Jessica Chastain. I'm leaning towards Blunt though after seeing her in Edge of Tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    And that's why she's on the Justice League...

... in the Pre-Flashpoint universe
    To be honest, I actually did like Robinson's lineup. Still, it's like DC's responding to all the requests for more female representation in the League by giving them a short one-off story that will be disregarded once it's over.

Astonishing Member

Technically Mera isn't Atlantean she from Xebel
    That's a heck of a technicality considering that the prisoners of Xebel are the exiled true royal family of Atlantis.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I vote for both her and Vixen to be on the team.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Perhaps she can take Batman's place when he gets booted out

I want Jessica Chastain as Mera!

Also I'd love for her to be on the Justice League, she definitely would be a good fit, my only question is, who would be watching over Atlantis then if both she and Arthur are on the team.