View Poll Results: Do you want Mera to join the Justice League?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 88.00%
  • No

6 12.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    I want Jessica Chastain as Mera!

Also I'd love for her to be on the Justice League, she definitely would be a good fit, my only question is, who would be watching over Atlantis then if both she and Arthur are on the team.
    Pefect casting!

Love Mera, not Aquawoman. Want her on the JLA moreso than Aquaman at times. She's much more powerful and grahically more appealing with her water based abilities.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'd have no problem with Mera joining so I voted yes. Do I actually want her to? I'm ok whether she does or doesn't to be honest. Do I think she ever will? Never say never I'd say but if I had to stick my neck out I'd say yes, WHEN? No idea.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    It's a no for me. She's not really that interesting. Add Vixen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Add Zatanna and I'm in as well.
    I'd like these two ladies to join also of course

well their is a new JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA book coming out no creative team or membership has been listed as of yet but I'm hoping that Geoff johns and Jason fabok are on the book and for the line up.here's what I'm hoping for.

MERA
    VIXEN
    ZATANNA
    BLACK CANARY
    GREEN ARROW
    GREEN LANTERN=HAL
    BRONZE TIGER
    MARTAIN MANHUNTER
    ULTRAA
    HAWKMAN

She should have joined already. Adding her is way less redundant than having two GLs in the team. Plus, with Arthur being so busy ruling Atlantis, I imagine he wouldn't be able to be a full time member of the JL anyway.
    My "Big 7" Justice League would be something like this:

Wonder Woman would lead and the cast would actually be bigger than these 7, but they would be "official" team, the first ones to respond.

I think we're likely to see her with the JLA if they ever do a mission in Atlantis (given that was mentioned as the kind of thing they deal with in the series description).

I'm actually kind of surprised Johns never made her an official member by the point he was trying to make Captain Cold a Leaguer .

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    She should have joined already. Adding her is way less redundant than having two GLs in the team. Plus, with Arthur being so busy ruling Atlantis, I imagine he wouldn't be able to be a full time member of the JL anyway.

Wonder Woman would lead and the cast would actually be bigger than these 7, but they would be "official" team, the first ones to respond.
    That's actually a pretty awesome big 7 actually! I'd read a comic or see a movie with that line-up without question. Of course some comic purist would hate that there's 3 women on the team and that it has Jessica instead of Hal and Mera instead of Aquaman but I love it!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post

The idea of Aquaman not being apart of the 7 or JL bugs me, but regardless of that I could probably really get behind this roster you made.

I feel like if Aquaman isn't given enough exposure his title will drop eventually. Unless some heavyweight team is put on it to compensate. Really wish John's spent more time on Aquaman to build up his mythos like he did with Hal and Barry.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I voted no because DC isn't going to go for something that smart. They have already stepped back her marriage to Aquaman. Why would they allow her to be on the Justice League with him?

As a Justice League member, I think she would be awesome. She has great teamwork and understanding with Aquaman and together they would control 75% of Earth's surface. I think that Aquaman and Mera as a couple would bring a different perspective to problems, just like most married couples do. I also just really lover he as a character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    I voted no because DC isn't going to go for something that smart. They have already stepped back her marriage to Aquaman. Why would they allow her to be on the Justice League with him?

As a Justice League member, I think she would be awesome. She has great teamwork and understanding with Aquaman and together they would control 75% of Earth's surface. I think that Aquaman and Mera as a couple would bring a different perspective to problems, just like most married couples do. I also just really lover he as a character.
    The poll says "Do 'you' want to see Mera join the Justice League?"

Not "Do you think 'DC' will have her join the Justice League?"

Yes!

Yes; I want Mera on the team.

At least, she won't have to deal with any attempted US harassment, like Arthur has.

Not that she'd tolerate it for one second ...

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    Does anyone think DC is headed this direction with Mera? She's becoming a more public figure in Aquaman and given that Amber Heard is debuting as Mera in Justice League (possibly as the seventh member), it would make sense for DC to beef up her role.
    I'd like to think so, but Im not sure.

I think we'll certainly see Mera continue to play a major role in Aquaman's title, but I dont know if we'll see her joining a team or anything like that. The most I could see DC doing is publishing another Aqua-title and giving Mera the lion's share of panel time, sort of like an inverse Aquaman & The Others.

Though if Mera goes over really well in the movies and has a major role, the idea might gain more traction. If this were Marvel you know it'd be a thing but DC doesnt chase synergy as closely (which is for the best overall)
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.