View Poll Results: Do you want Mera to join the Justice League?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 88.00%
  • No

6 12.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Can you imagine a storyline where Aquaman just gets injured or something and Mera considers it her duty to take his place for him until he gets better? Just imagine her taking everything so seriously, Batman trying to tell her what to do, her not tolerating any of Batman's ****, her buddying it up with Wondy?

I can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    As long as Aquaman is on the team, then why would they put Mera on the team? That's almost like putting Supergirl on a Justice League roster that already has Superman on it...
    They don't share any powers asides of both being from underwater civilizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    Also I'd love for her to be on the Justice League, she definitely would be a good fit, my only question is, who would be watching over Atlantis then if both she and Arthur are on the team.
    The same people who already watch over Atlantis when Orin and Mera are both out of the country in "Aquaman"?

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    Can you imagine a storyline where Aquaman just gets injured or something and Mera considers it her duty to take his place for him until he gets better? Just imagine her taking everything so seriously, Batman trying to tell her what to do, her not tolerating any of Batman's ****, her buddying it up with Wondy?

I can dream.
    I'd love to see Mera put Bruce in his place. And I can only assume that Barry would be extremely uncomfortable around her, she's such a force of personality and Barry is so easy going, it'd be great to see them interact.

Anyway, I totally support Mera being on the League. Great powerset, great personality. Is it going to happen? I doubt it. No one seems overly interested in it, and since Mera falls under the Aquaman editorial umbrella, it would mean her role on the team would have to be juggled against her role in Aquaman. It'd just be one more thing to keep tabs on, and honestly, using a character who doesnt have a home anywhere else (or can be borrowed for the duration of their tenure on the League, like Cold) is likely a lot easier.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

It would be hilarious to see Mera join the team and IMMEDIATELY start throwing her weight around.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    Also I'd love for her to be on the Justice League, she definitely would be a good fit, my only question is, who would be watching over Atlantis then if both she and Arthur are on the team.
    spoilers:
    Aquamom, of course!
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Perhaps she can take Batman's place when he gets booted out
    Yeah that would be great.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The same people who already watch over Atlantis when Orin and Mera are both out of the country in "Aquaman"?

I'd love to see Mera put Bruce in his place. And I can only assume that Barry would be extremely uncomfortable around her, she's such a force of personality and Barry is so easy going, it'd be great to see them interact.

Anyway, I totally support Mera being on the League. Great powerset, great personality. Is it going to happen? I doubt it. No one seems overly interested in it, and since Mera falls under the Aquaman editorial umbrella, it would mean her role on the team would have to be juggled against her role in Aquaman. It'd just be one more thing to keep tabs on, and honestly, using a character who doesnt have a home anywhere else (or can be borrowed for the duration of their tenure on the League, like Cold) is likely a lot easier.
    You really think thats going to happen after what happenned to the Justice League in Batman Endgame ? I think not.

She's better off staying away from the Justice Losers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    You really think thats going to happen after what happenned to the Justice League in Batman Endgame ? I think not.
    Well, given that Endgame is happening in a solo Bat book, it doesnt really have any bearing on what happens in Justice League. Different writers, different editorial groups, different standards. Superman has bench pressed the weight of the planet for five days straight (and only shed one drop of sweat) in his own title but you dont see him pulling that sort of weight in the pages of Justice League.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Justice League already has one woman, how many more do you want?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    I vote for both her and Vixen to be on the team.
    I second this. I would love to see both of these characters join the Justice League as I think they would make for great additions to the team.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Alright you guys, two questions have surfaced...
    1) Should I add a poll to this thread?
    2) Should Mera replace the entire Justice League?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    That's a heck of a technicality considering that the prisoners of Xebel are the exiled true royal family of Atlantis.
    You don't say that Australians are different from Brits on a technicality though, and Xebel and Australia both started as penal colonies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Alright you guys, two questions have surfaced...
    1) Should I add a poll to this thread?
    2) Should Mera replace the entire Justice League?
    Now I want to see Mera beat up some supervillains with Justice League constructs.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    You don't say that Australians are different from Brits on a technicality though, and Xebel and Australia both started as penal colonies.
    Live in Australia, would say they are different. I mean, broadly white, yes. But they're as different as islanders like Momoa are from further removed islands or Africans from East/West Africa. . And you could easily push that further and have them be more ethnically different if you just say he Xebel imprisonment was a long, long time ago as opposed to a few hundred years.

I would like Mera to join the league.

I liked the lineup during Trinity War - with Element Women, Atom and so forth (Of course, Atom turned out to be evil).

Hopefully, we will get new members after Lex and Cold leaves the team (which I think, may happen soon).

Perhaps they should form another team..well, not like JLU or JLA..but, a separate division.

Like Team A or Alpha. Team B and so forth.

Team A: Superman, Batman, WW, Flash, Aquaman
    Team B: Mera, Jessica (Power Ring), Firestorm, Green Arrow

or something like that.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I'd love to see Mera on JL.

I'd love to see DC live up to word and put Deadman, Atom, Firestorm, Element Woman, Green Arrow, Hawkman, and Pandora on the JL as well
    *cough*

*cough*

(actually I wouldn't, I kinda prefer smaller teams...)
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song