Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Most underrated marvel superheros

Who do you think are the most underrated superheros in terms of power and popularity? My list is
    Monica Rambeau
    Misty Knight

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Hellcat
    Polaris
    Hercules
    Prowler

Sasquatch and the Human Torch (Johnny), power level wise, Prowler popularity wise (as in, he deserves an ongoing!).

Agents of Atlas - the entire team and the whole concept behind the book is the best idea Marvel has had in the last 10 years

Exiles I think are one of the most underrated super hero teams in the Marvel comics.

Wonder Man.

Although maybe not so much in the popularity department.
    ----------------------------------
    "...the guy who went to 'Nam and never came back..."

I've long felt that Karma doesn't get the love she deserves. She's been through some utterly insane ****. She's a rape survivor (and saw her mother raped to death in front of her), she killed her own brother, she's the primary caretaker for her two younger siblings, she was possessed by the Shadow King, who made her morbidly obese, and then she lost all that weight by spending months in an Asgardian desert while also taking care of a young girl, she spent several years working for her crimelord uncle, she went to university in a librarian program (making her one of a relatively small number of superheroes with a formal education not grounded in hard sciences), she became the librarian at Xavier's school while also mentoring the youngest students and teaching French (and she took over as instructor for Northstar's squad when he died), she had her leg amputated and replaced with a prosthetic, and she's inherited a multinational arms corporation.

And she's still a sweet, cheerful, optimistic, compassionate person whose first instinct is to help people. This is a woman who quietly takes on any responsibility that happens to come her way, and generally has more responsibilities than anyone else around her.

And yet, few people even seem to know she exists. She's gotta be the most diverse character ever - woman, person of colour, gay, religious, disabled, rape survivor, formerly obese. But I suppose that, because she can't take down a horde of enemies single-handed, she just doesn't matter. She's not overtly badass, so people don't really pay attention to her.

And by the way, why the hell has no writer ever followed up on the fact that she literally absorbed her own brother? That seems like the kind of thing that would make for an obvious story to tell with her.

Wasp. No one even mentioned her on the female solo book thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I've long felt that Karma doesn't get the love she deserves. She's been through some utterly insane ****. She's a rape survivor (and saw her mother raped to death in front of her), she killed her own brother, she's the primary caretaker for her two younger siblings, she was possessed by the Shadow King, who made her morbidly obese, and then she lost all that weight by spending months in an Asgardian desert while also taking care of a young girl, she spent several years working for her crimelord uncle, she went to university in a librarian program (making her one of a relatively small number of superheroes with a formal education not grounded in hard sciences), she became the librarian at Xavier's school while also mentoring the youngest students and teaching French (and she took over as instructor for Northstar's squad when he died), she had her leg amputated and replaced with a prosthetic, and she's inherited a multinational arms corporation.

And she's still a sweet, cheerful, optimistic, compassionate person whose first instinct is to help people. This is a woman who quietly takes on any responsibility that happens to come her way, and generally has more responsibilities than anyone else around her.

And yet, few people even seem to know she exists. She's gotta be the most diverse character ever - woman, person of colour, gay, religious, disabled, rape survivor, formerly obese. But I suppose that, because she can't take down a horde of enemies single-handed, she just doesn't matter. She's not overtly badass, so people don't really pay attention to her.

And by the way, why the hell has no writer ever followed up on the fact that she literally absorbed her own brother? That seems like the kind of thing that would make for an obvious story to tell with her.
    I've always thought Karma was great and oft-forgotten. The most consistently high-profile New Mutant is probably Cannonball, who I've no issues with but I always thought most of the others were more interesting...

Cypher. People think his power is lame, but it's the one Obama said he'd want if he could have any superpower.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Skids-SHIELD agent-read a Destainy Journal-been a Morlock since before the Mutant Masscar-took out Nitro
    image.jpg

Mighty Member

Moondragon
    American Eagle
    Paladin
    Jack of Hearts
    Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    Who do you think are the most underrated superheros in terms of power and popularity? My list is
    Monica Rambeau
    Misty Knight
    Monica is the most under appreciated super hero ever!!!!! Seriously what is there not to like about her? She has a unique and useful powerset, a sassy yet determined and authoratative personality, and a beautiful appearance. Not to mention she's a Stern creation which is proof how great she is. She's amazing in almost every way possible!

I have to agree with everyone else on the Polaris, Misty Knight, Blink, MoonDragon, Destiny, and Sersi mentions.

Incredible Member

Darkhawk. Just seems to keep getting shuffled to the sidelines despite War of Kings setting up a really good storyline for him that is now pretty much ignored, his cameo in Hunger Games, er Avengers Arena was just so he could get taken out like a punk by a kid.

Chamber. He's just there. He's got this awesome power and yet we hardly ever see him, dude gets hardly any exposure. Outside of M's sisters he's the least exposed out of the surviving members of the Generation-X crew.

Black Knight. We really don't see him all that often and when we do he's always playing second fiddle to somebody else like Pete Wisdom, Captain Britain, or an Avenger.

The Starjammers: Honestly they could probably hold a comic in their own right.

John Jameson: Does it not feel like this guy should be running around with SWORD, the Guardians, or as an Inhuman?

All good choices above.

Agents of Axis.
    Exiles (I loved Blink here.)
    Moondragon.
    Misty Knight may be on TV soon...I have hopes. Maybe Colleen Wing too. Netflix with DD, Jessica,Luke,Daniel and The Defenders I'm thinking.
    Monica is in The Mighty Avengers. Of course with Countdown to Crapola reboot, one never knows.

I miss the team from Avengers Academy. Especially after a thoughtless writer axed a few of them.