Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Exiles: Mimic

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Wasp. No one even mentioned her on the female solo book thread..
    At least people want her as Wasp. Scott Lang is like the unwanted Ant-Man. Hey... that sounds like a good title for his current book.

BANNED

01807417533fd9abce762eb93a3d9b51.jpg

I love her character. I love her powers. I love her star insignia.

When is Monica gonna show up in the MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    01807417533fd9abce762eb93a3d9b51.jpg

I love her character. I love her powers. I love her star insignia.

When is Monica gonna show up in the MCU?
    Let's keep both our fingers and toes crossed that she'll appear in the Captain Marvel film! Monica and Carol are good friends and this would be the perfect opportunity to include all the major Marvel characters who have gone by the codename "Captain Marvel" in one film. (Carol, Mar-Vell, Monica)

BANNED

and a good chance to pad the Avengers roster. It would be great if Monica is a strong supporting character in Captain Marvel or, best case scenario, they surprisingly make it a buddy film or dual protagonists.

There is no reason Monica shouldn't be in the Infinity Wars movies, seriously.

I still don't understand why Blade doesn't have a comic

I just want to put in a good word for the Ultraverse heroes in general -- I don't think any of 'em have had any new adventures since the turn of the century -- with special attention to some of my personal favorites from the Malibu days: The Strangers, The Night Man, and Solitaire.

Marvel bought out Malibu in the mid-90s, and then let the Ultraverse fade away into limbo.

So many. In recent years marvel has really devoted itself to promoting a small group of characters and basically derivatives of these characters leaving a large legion of it's diverse universe seriously underated and underappreciated.

Hercules.
    Black Knight.
    American Eagle
    Slingers (Prodigy, Dusk, Ricochet, Hornet)
    Exiles (Mimic. Morph, Blink, etc...)
    The Original Thunderbolts.
    Monica Rambeau (Now being featured as Spectrum with the Mighty Avengers, however, still seriously underated).
    Guardian and Alpha Flight
    Captain Britain
    Wonder Man
    Firebird
    Night Thrasher (and the rest of the original New Warriors)
    ClanDestine
    Quasar
    Michael "Deathlok" Collins
    etc...

Peace

Songbird..

BANNED

I feel that all three of my favorite characters are underrated by the comic community:

Namor
    Iron Fist
    Falcon

Can be a bit frustrating at times...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I've long felt that Karma doesn't get the love she deserves. She's been through some utterly insane ****. She's a rape survivor (and saw her mother raped to death in front of her), she killed her own brother, she's the primary caretaker for her two younger siblings, she was possessed by the Shadow King, who made her morbidly obese, and then she lost all that weight by spending months in an Asgardian desert while also taking care of a young girl, she spent several years working for her crimelord uncle, she went to university in a librarian program (making her one of a relatively small number of superheroes with a formal education not grounded in hard sciences), she became the librarian at Xavier's school while also mentoring the youngest students and teaching French (and she took over as instructor for Northstar's squad when he died), she had her leg amputated and replaced with a prosthetic, and she's inherited a multinational arms corporation.

And she's still a sweet, cheerful, optimistic, compassionate person whose first instinct is to help people. This is a woman who quietly takes on any responsibility that happens to come her way, and generally has more responsibilities than anyone else around her.

And yet, few people even seem to know she exists. She's gotta be the most diverse character ever - woman, person of colour, gay, religious, disabled, rape survivor, formerly obese. But I suppose that, because she can't take down a horde of enemies single-handed, she just doesn't matter. She's not overtly badass, so people don't really pay attention to her.

And by the way, why the hell has no writer ever followed up on the fact that she literally absorbed her own brother? That seems like the kind of thing that would make for an obvious story to tell with her.
    You make a far more compelling case for this character than any I've ever seen. Sadly, this includes everyone who has ever written her including Chris Claremont. I don't think the sweet thing helps as much as it should, since she also has been pretty quiet. I know the voice of Bobby, I know the voice of Sam, I know the voices of Rahne, Dani, and even Doug but if you asked me to describe Xi'an's voice/personality, I'd just say "quiet".

Hank Pym...

Songbird
    Diamondback
    The Avengers Academy kids
    The New Warriors
    Valkyrie
    Misty Knight
    And just too many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Hank Pym...
    Yes. Definitly Hank Pym.

Peace