Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    and a good chance to pad the Avengers roster. It would be great if Monica is a strong supporting character in Captain Marvel or, best case scenario, they surprisingly make it a buddy film or dual protagonists.

There is no reason Monica shouldn't be in the Infinity Wars movies, seriously.
    Meh. Solo superhero films should be just that. No dual protagonists please. Captain Marvel needs to stand on her own. If anything I'd expect to see Jessica Drew ins minor role, since she's besties with Carol. I don't think Carol and Monica are exactly pals. I know they had that teamup a while back.

It really depends with Infinity War. It's supposed to involve EVERYONE, even the Netflix characters. How much everyone can they have in a single movie?

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    You make a far more compelling case for this character than any I've ever seen. Sadly, this includes everyone who has ever written her including Chris Claremont. I don't think the sweet thing helps as much as it should, since she also has been pretty quiet. I know the voice of Bobby, I know the voice of Sam, I know the voices of Rahne, Dani, and even Doug but if you asked me to describe Xi'an's voice/personality, I'd just say "quiet".
    Which is actually another part of why I like her. She is a fairly quiet person, thought it's through thoughtfulness rather than shyness. She'll speak out when she has something to say. But no, she doesn't have as bold a personality as a lot of characters. Which is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Meh. Solo superhero films should be just that. No dual protagonists please. Captain Marvel needs to stand on her own. If anything I'd expect to see Jessica Drew ins minor role, since she's besties with Carol. I don't think Carol and Monica are exactly pals. I know they had that teamup a while back.

It really depends with Infinity War. It's supposed to involve EVERYONE, even the Netflix characters. How much everyone can they have in a single movie?
    They seem like very good friends who always throw teases and quips at each other. Based on the Captain Marvel issues with monica in them KSD writing them as this buddy cop dou would work out perfectly like it would be hilarious and do a service to both characters moreso monica. Monica being a supporting character in the movie would work out for diversity and it wouldn't hurt Carol Standing on her own at all. It would be ideal for both Monica and definitely Kamala to appear in the movie. Though probably unlikely for monica.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Hank Pym...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yes. Definitly Hank Pym.

Peace
    I would say Hank Pym as well.

Hank Pym
    Monica Rambeau
    Misty Knight
    Colleen Wing
    Prodigy
    Prowler
    Black Cat (not many writers have respect for her and she's often treated as a cheap sex object and Catwoman ripoff but every once in a while you get a decent take on her).
    Cloak & Dagger (I'd really like to know what they've been up to and how the new power switch affects them).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    They seem like very good friends who always throw teases and quips at each other. Based on the Captain Marvel issues with monica in them KSD writing them as this buddy cop dou would work out perfectly like it would be hilarious and do a service to both characters moreso monica. Monica being a supporting character in the movie would work out for diversity and it wouldn't hurt Carol Standing on her own at all. It would be ideal for both Monica and definitely Kamala to appear in the movie. Though probably unlikely for monica.
    Based off the two issues they were in together, I wouldn't call them very good friends, or at least not in the sense that Carol and Jessica Drew are very good friends. I have no problem with support characters playing a minor role, but I'm against the idea of Carol co-staring with some other character. She needs to be able to stand on her own as a solo character. This is her first movie and the first solo female superhero movie for Marvel, so it only makes sense.

Diversity is fine, but I'm against the idea of diversity if it's just for the sake of diversity in Marvel films. James Rhodes was not in the Iron Man film because he was black. He was there because he was a valuable support character to Iron Man in the comics. Monica is not a very important character in Carol's life. Casting Her in the first Captain Marvel movie would be weird. Maybe in Captain Marvel 2. Kamala seems pretty cool, but other than having Carol's old moniker, she has literally no connection to Carol.

Hank & Jan for sure....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Based off the two issues they were in together, I wouldn't call them very good friends, or at least not in the sense that Carol and Jessica Drew are very good friends. I have no problem with support characters playing a minor role, but I'm against the idea of Carol co-staring with some other character. She needs to be able to stand on her own as a solo character. This is her first movie and the first solo female superhero movie for Marvel, so it only makes sense.

Diversity is fine, but I'm against the idea of diversity if it's just for the sake of diversity in Marvel films. James Rhodes was not in the Iron Man film because he was black. He was there because he was a valuable support character to Iron Man in the comics. Monica is not a very important character in Carol's life. Casting Her in the first Captain Marvel movie would be weird. Maybe in Captain Marvel 2. Kamala seems pretty cool, but other than having Carol's old moniker, she has literally no connection to Carol.
    Well, it wouldn't be diversity for diversity's sake. Monica was fucking Captain Marvel.

BANNED

Well, it wouldn't be diversity for diversity's sake. Monica was fucking Captain Marvel.
    Decades before Carol was. And led the Avengers (see Nextwave if you don't believe me).

Black Knight, Monica Rambeau, Sersi, and Starfox. And Wasp deserves so, so much better.

As far as power goes, Wonder Man was the first person that came to mind.

I think a lot of people underestimate how powerful Wonder Man is. Because writers have decided that some variation of "I'm weaker than Thor" somehow became his official battle cry, I think he's often overlooked. On a good day, Simon is a beast.

BANNED

Sure it would be. Since they are doing a Carol Danvers movie, it would make little sense to add Monica as a support character since the character had little to nothing to do with Carol Danvers in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Decades before Carol was. And led the Avengers (see Nextwave if you don't believe me).
    She just sort of took the title after Mar-Vell died. As Carol pointed out in her book, Monica had no business taking the name in the first place. Did Monica even know Mar-vell? Sure, Monica once Captain Marvel and lead the Avengers, but this was way back in the 80s or something, and she only held her solo Captain Marvel title for about two issues. Carol Danvers has lead the Avengers in recent memory actually and is now the current Captain Marvel.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Hank Pym
    Black Knight
    Blade
    Juggernaut
    Bishop
    Misty Knight
    Taskmaster
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

BANNED

Monica was named Captain Marvel by the newspapers, she didn't even know there was another. Seeing as the original was dead, you're wrong saying Monica had no business taking the name. She was a very good character that had been steadily & loving developed until editorial decided they wanted Cap to lead the team; firing writer Roger Stern because he disagreed with Monica stepping down for Steve just to prop him up. The new writer portrayed Monica as an inept leader and de-powered her; resulting in the character becoming obscure for over a decade. To me, Monica will always be Marvel's best Captain Marvel.

Don't mind my calls for diversity Mike82, you're going to get your aryan Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by speakerdad View Post
    Hank & Jan for sure....
    Quoted for truth.