Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

James Rhodes- prominent black superhero with a long history, hey let's crap all over him!
    Amadeus Cho- IMO one of the best new Marvel heroes in a long time, yet let's continue to focus on the dozen other genius white guys (Guess what I'm saying is people are always complaining about diversity in comics, but always forget about the diversified heroes who are already there.)
    Mockingbird- she's in Agents of SHIELD, yet somehow Deathlok gets a ongoing before her? Come on, someone make this happen
    Sasquatch- Hulk-level character, yet with the smarts. Really cool visual too
    Falcon- as the Falcon, not a Captain America sub who we all know will be replaced
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Meggan Braddock.

*sigh*
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Agree, but it could be worse. When I was growing up a young X-fan she was shunted off a thousand years into the future to raise Cable. Like Black Panther and Illyana, at least she's making regular appearances. Didn't used to be that way.
    That Rachel ended up being Rachel that was split and sent to the future, the Rachel we have is the one that was captured and held prisoner till Cable saved her.

Her getting appearances in so many books is nice and being a main character in X-Men, where she's getting a lot of character development, is great but when it comes event time she's forgotten. Heck, Bendis ignored her entire Shi'ar stuff for Trial of Jean Grey and her Phoenix history was forgotten, in the main books, during Avengers vs X-Men.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 02-07-2015 at 06:55 PM.

Forbush Man, who have saved Earth from dying sun, rogue asteroid and machine avengers. Hopefully he will reappear soon. Probably in Mighty Avengers.
    Last edited by itspopularnowitsucks; 02-07-2015 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Rachel Grey-Summers

Rich history, many great personal ties with other characters/things, and interesting uses of her powers.

Yet Marvel has, for years now, thrown her under a bus in every event that she should have played a big role in considering her history.
    Id say Rachael is underutilized and suffers from bad characterization just like every character bendis doesn't write regularly. I'd also put her, storm, monica rambeau, and a few others in the underrated in terms of how powerful they are.

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

Ghost rider..... My answer will always be ghost rider....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    James Rhodes- prominent black superhero with a long history, hey let's crap all over him!
    Amadeus Cho- IMO one of the best new Marvel heroes in a long time, yet let's continue to focus on the dozen other genius white guys (Guess what I'm saying is people are always complaining about diversity in comics, but always forget about the diversified heroes who are already there.)
    Mockingbird- she's in Agents of SHIELD, yet somehow Deathlok gets a ongoing before her? Come on, someone make this happen
    Sasquatch- Hulk-level character, yet with the smarts. Really cool visual too
    Falcon- as the Falcon, not a Captain America sub who we all know will be replaced
    Sasquatch has always been one of my favorites!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Monica is the most under appreciated super hero ever!!!!! Seriously what is there not to like about her? She has a unique and useful powerset, a sassy yet determined and authoratative personality, and a beautiful appearance. Not to mention she's a Stern creation which is proof how great she is. She's amazing in almost every way possible!
    I like that her backstory has potential for expansion written into it. The energy surge that empowered her could still turn out to have had some sort of significance, perhaps even deliberate intent, and not just been a random 'splosion-what-gives-people-powers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Songbird
    Diamondback
    The Avengers Academy kids
    The New Warriors
    Valkyrie
    Misty Knight
    And just too many more.
    Yes to all. And your sig reminds me of Crystal, of the Inhumans, as well! (Who is only about fifty times more powerful and interesting than Medusa!)

Also Hank and Jan and Wonder Man and the Agents of Atlas and Exiles, all mentioned in this thread.

A few other 'Nextwave' rejects, like Machine Man and Elsa Bloodstone, perhaps, as well.

And I've got a soft spot, in my head, perhaps, for schmoes like Stingray and Texas Twister, both of whom have decent powers / capabilities, and tend to get ignored or written as jokes...

Wonder Man – He had a series once and he can do it again.

Mockingbird
    Hellcat
    Stingray
    U.S. Agent
    American Eagle
    Night Thrasher
    Black Knight
    Polaris
    Wolfsbane
    Danielle Moonstar
    Jubilee (and not as a vampire)

As for teams….

Alpha Flight – Guardian should be right up there with Captain America and Mr. Fantastic, as the person to go to when you need something done.
    Let’s see a real honest to goodness super-hero team in Canada and not a butt of jokes.

The Rangers – A great diverse group of heroes that need some TLC.

Agents of Atlas
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Colossus, Ghost Rider, Valkyrie, Darkhawk, Hellstorm.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    Id say Rachael is underutilized and suffers from bad characterization just like every character bendis doesn't write regularly. I'd also put her, storm, monica rambeau, and a few others in the underrated in terms of how powerful they are.
    Rachel has been getting character development in X-Men, not a lot of characters got that. Storm in particular has suffered a lot because she's in too many places at once, so her voice is very much off, and her portrayal as an Antagonist against Rachel in X-Men didn't do her favors. The team didn't even try to give Storm's abuse of Rachel any merit at all, it was portrayed as wrong from the start and out of nowhere.

Course I'm under the belief that Rachel vs Storm was hastily done because the book quickly lost Kitty and Rogue to Bendis and RR so that means that they would have to redo everything to compensate the loss of 2 team members without story explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Rachel has been getting character development in X-Men, not a lot of characters got that. Storm in particular has suffered a lot because she's in too many places at once, so her voice is very much off, and her portrayal as an Antagonist against Rachel in X-Men didn't do her favors. The team didn't even try to give Storm's abuse of Rachel any merit at all, it was portrayed as wrong from the start and out of nowhere.

Course I'm under the belief that Rachel vs Storm was hastily done because the book quickly lost Kitty and Rogue to Bendis and RR so that means that they would have to redo everything to compensate the loss of 2 team members without story explanation.
    There wasn't any Rachel vs Storm. Storm didn't treat Rachel bad or abuse her. They simply had disagreements on things. Racheal felt storm wasn't stepping up and being a leader which was valid. They are friends. Storm just needs to stop being written as a bitch because it isn't her personality. Also take her out of every book that isn't her solo if they want to give her a solo that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed View Post
    Ghost rider..... My answer will always be ghost rider....
    Which one?

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    Which one?
    Danny and Blaze!