Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    People aren't compelled to have willpower-destroying animal sex because of pheromones. This whole relationship reads like a teenage boys fantasy of a hot girl who just wants to bang because of reasons she can't control.
    Dan Slott can't write woman so this is what you get. It's a shame for silk though because she could have been so cool. I like how hopeless writes her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    Dan Slott can't write woman so this is what you get. It's a shame for silk though because she could have been so cool. I like how hopeless writes her.
    Which is why I never cared for how Slott got rid of the Black Cat and replaced her with Silk, who I do not believe will EVER be a replacement of the Black Cat. Jessica Drew as an alternate to the Black Cat? Yes.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 02-11-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    I disliked some of the things Straczynski did but he knew how to write compelling women.
    People aren't compelled to have willpower-destroying animal sex because of pheromones. This whole relationship reads like a teenage boys fantasy of a hot girl who just wants to bang because of reasons she can't control.
    That's the most distasteful part of it.
    Last edited by mtalisker18; 02-11-2015 at 02:45 PM.

...You pretty much summed up why I can't get into Slott's Silk. Maybe when that solo comes out with a different writer, he'll undo that crap and make a good, non-pheromone related relationship.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    ...You pretty much summed up why I can't get into Slott's Silk. Maybe when that solo comes out with a different writer, he'll undo that crap and make a good, non-pheromone related relationship.
    And to think that Slott did a similar story between She-Hulk and Man-Wolf whereby Starfox used his powers to increase the level of pheromones to power up their relationship the 10th degree. The ending between those two did not end very well. I suspect that once the super powered pheromone induced part of the relationship is removed, Silk will not have any sort of romantic feelings for Peter whatsoever.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Pheromones are a natural phenomenon. People get attracted to each other through pheromones all the time.
    I really don't think you understand what he means by not natural. It's like saying Peter doesn't have super strength because people lift things all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    nope.
    for example, cheating by both sexes among adults is way more common than we like to admit, and it does happen against better judgment and personal standards. sometimes it’s because of underlying social and personality issues, but a lot of the time, studies have shown it’s as simple as opportunity and attractiveness. that’s it. morality plays only a small part in the likelihood of cheating. desire is king (or queen).
    at least silk and peter are hurting exactly nobody (except people here).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    nope.
    for example, cheating by both sexes among adults is way more common than we like to admit, and it does happen against better judgment and personal standards. sometimes it’s because of underlying social and personality issues, but a lot of the time, studies have shown it’s as simple as opportunity and attractiveness. that’s it. morality plays only a small part in the likelihood of cheating. desire is king (or queen).
    at least silk and peter are hurting exactly nobody (except people here).
    The same thing could be said about Hawkeye and Spider-Woman's relationship. Look where that lead to in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The same thing could be said about Hawkeye and Spider-Woman's relationship. Look where that lead to in the end.
    yeah, can’t really comment there. how the relationship is written is another matter, but the concept is not the problem.

it’s all in the execution.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    yeah, can’t really comment there. how the relationship is written is another matter, but the concept is not the problem.

it’s all in the execution.
    So true. Only time will tell.