Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm going to have to pick this up. It sounds really frigging good. Almost like Superior Hulk lol. I'm going to go back and pick it up from the start and catch up.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Oh...guess I don't need to wait til tomorrow to see Lyra's fate...

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

If they shaft Lyra they earn a token of spite from me, all I'm saying. I invested to much time and they in turn led the way for me to come to love and appreciate that character to just watch her get blipped. It's already depressing enough that they swept her under the rug suddenly after such an effort to promote her. Sigh, oh well. I can still make scribbles and 3d models of her if all else fails and seeing a new female character vaporize after a short period really wouldn't be a surprise to me.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    If they shaft Lyra they earn a token of spite from me, all I'm saying. I invested to much time and they in turn led the way for me to come to love and appreciate that character to just watch her get blipped. It's already depressing enough that they swept her under the rug suddenly after such an effort to promote her. Sigh, oh well. I can still make scribbles and 3d models of her if all else fails and seeing a new female character vaporize after a short period really wouldn't be a surprise to me.
    Yeah, Marvel has gotten tedious in that regard. I'll wait and see, but they have been throwing away too many characters of late (RIP Elixir)

Amazing Member

Is doc green a young maestro?

Considering how A-Bomb, Skaar and Red She-Hulk got jobbed in this story, would it even surprise you if Lyra was considered barely a blip on the radar in the grand scheme of things? Maybe I'm just being cynical but I've already lost characters I liked in this story to Skaar and Red She-Hulk being depowered. I'd personally love to know why Doc Green goes after gamma powered heroes yet leaves the villains alone.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 02-03-2015 at 02:14 PM.

If they shaft Lyra they earn a token of spite from me, all I'm saying.
    I'm right there with ya! I love Lyra and have followed her since her Dark Reign mini.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Considering how A-Bomb, Skaar and Red She-Hulk got jobbed in this story, would it even surprise you if Lyra was considered barely a blip on the radar in the grand scheme of things? Maybe I'm just being cynical but I've already lost characters I liked in this story to Skaar and Red She-Hulk being depowered. I'd personally love to know why Doc Green goes after gamma powered heroes yet leaves the villains alone.
    We ALL want to know Doc Green's motivations. Duggan's a great writer but this story is bittersweet for fans of the Hulk family and maybe some other Marvel characters as well.

BANNED

This was interesting. However, there is some things I'm wondering about. I'll point these out and give my own personal response.

So I've been very grateful for everyone giving me a shot after Mark Waid, whose run I loved. That was a really brilliant reinvention of Bruce Banner and the Hulk.

Funny. He's either lying or just trying to be nice. Most of fans & readers acknowledge Waid's run to be very dull, boring, and pretty meh. I must also disagree with him in regards to Waid reinventing the Hulk/Banner dynamic. I mean, honestly, Waid did nothing to Banner/Hulk that previous writers haven't.

He wants to be a Science Hero. He doesn't want to be the Hulk. He doesn't want to run around and punch mountains.

I speculated that Doc Green wanted to differentiate himself from the various Hulk incarnations. He doesn't want to simply smash through them. But at the same time, I think he's still trying to prove he's stronger & smarter than any of the previous Hulk personas and Banner.

He deliberately threw a fight with the Red Hulk so that he could study him a bit more to get the science he needed to make it so General Ross can't transform into the Red Hulk any more.

I knew Doc G threw that fight with Red Hulk! Of course, I think we were all aware of that just by how it went down and Doc G's comment before kicking Rulk out through the portal.

Who Doc Green is, what he might become, and what's he after is something that everybody in the Marvel Universe should be very concerned about.

Indeed. Everyone in the Marvel Universe better be on guard. Hulk, a being with the potential for infinite power, now has an intellect to match. That's a pretty damn scary combination. God help the Marvel Universe if he begins to utilize that infinite power potential into other powers/abilities besides strength, durability, endurance, stamina, healing factor, etc.

I know whether or not Doc Green is a good guy or a bad guy, but it may not be crystal clear until the end of "The Omega Hulk," so it's not something I want to spoil at the moment.

Oh, so that's how you going to play it, eh? Intriguing. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Doc Green will become one of the greatest and mightiest heroic beings... or one of the most dangerous threats to ever be unleashed on the Marvel Universe.

What I enjoyed particularly about Jen is that she's smart, she's cool, she's got a sense of humor, and she's a lawyer. My mom was a lawyer, so I sort of identify with her from that side of it. Being a Hulk doesn't define Jen, and that's interesting.

I have to disagree with him regarding Jen. Being a Hulk is a defining trait of her now. She enjoys being She-Hulk. She's embraced it and incorporated it into her life. Out of all the Hulks, she's got the most control.

Jen, Skaar, and Lyra are the only ones whom I believe deserve to keep their Hulk forms. Because, out of the Hulks (besides the original Green Goliath), they still have the most potential and are the most popular. Being a Hulk is a defining trait of all three of them. Rick, Betty, and General Ross? Not so much. I mean, if you think about it, they were engaging and interesting way before becoming Hulks. Peter David's run is proof of that.

We are going to have some pretty big guest stars at the end of this story. It's a good bet that a certain group of people that Jen and Doc Green have in common might show up.

I'm looking forward to Doc G training with Iron Fist. Not to mention the comical antics of Deadpool, which should be very amusing. But I really hope we get to see Doc G take on several teams of Avengers. It's been too long since Hulk fought against several teams that include powerhouses like Thor, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, She-Hulk, etc. That'd definitely prove to me that Doc G has what it takes to be the Strongest There is.

Hulk's muscles on his physique are not his strongest muscles anymore. His strongest muscle is his brain, and he intends to flex that throughout.

Does this mean that Doc G's intellect is infinite as the Hulk's own infinite strength/power? If so, this could prove interesting. Can you say... Strongest & Smartest One there is?

The A.I. is unpredictable. We have minds like Stephen Hawking warning us about the potential of A.I.s right now. The thing I think Doc Green has in common with Banner, and he may or not figure it out, is there is a lot of hubris with these creations. You're right -- I would be concerned about a new life form in Doc Green creating an even newer life form in the A.I.

I knew that the Doc Green A.I. would be involved in some way. Am I the only one getting a Terminator vibe from all of this? Well, now that I think of it, Doc Green with a beard reminds me of a Hulked-Out Arnold Schwarzenegger, Rambo, Chuck Norris... or a hybrid of those three.

It's going to be a fun time to be a Hulk fan this spring. I am writing more "Hulk" beyond this story, but "The Omega Hulk" is a self-contained event.

We'll be getting more Hulk from Mr. Duggan? Sounds good. I hope he delivers with Omega Hulk. If he does manage to give us a great finale, I'll most likely look forward to what he'll give us going forward.

I think the Hulk can be a somewhat difficult character sometimes to get your head around.

Only if you don't know how to approach the dynamic between Hulk/Banner and acknowledge their rich 50+ year history, including events that really shaped the character into who they are. That's why Jeph Loeb, Jason Aaron, and Mark Waid's runs sucked so badly.

I'm a fan of a lot of the different Hulks. I grew up reading the Peter David stuff. That's tremendous. Greg obviously left his mark on the character, as did Jason Aaron, who I thought had a smart and fun run. Then Waid went in and figured out how Bruce Banner would really operate. He managed to smartly redefine the way we see Hulk. That was brilliant, and post-"Original Sin," obviously Extremis gave us not just a new Hulk, but a new character who doesn't like to be called Hulk.

Thumbs up to his respect and acknowledgment to Peter David & Greg Pak and the work they've done with Hulk/Banner. Thumbs down and a major face palm for giving Jason Aaron & Mark Waid any credit, given that their runs on the Hulk were just terrible and mediocre. Eh, I'll chalk it up as Mr. Duggan just being nice and not trying to offend them. But I will agree that Mark Waid's best Hulk work came when Kieron Gillen worked alongside him for the Original Sin mini. Gillen saved Waid's ass on that one.

If you're into "Hulk" for the Jekyll-and-Hyde horror aspect, you're going to have a real fun winter and spring. If you're in for the punching, you'll have that, too. I look forward to making some people angry, and hopefully making many more people very happy.

I'm all for the Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde aspect. I also wouldn't mind some horror elements in with the suspense. Add in some planet-shattering fights, high-end planetary or galactic or universal threats/foes, immense feats of power/strength and intellect... and I think we'll be very pleased. Let's hope that Mr. Duggan will be able fulfill his promises.

But there is something I'd like to know: Who will be the artist after Omega Hulk, as it's already been revealed that Mark Bagley is departing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Kinda of the same feeling here, we've already seen Skaar, Rick and Betty depowered, why would you expect Lyra to do better? Consider that Skaar was the only one who could stand up to the Green Scar at all (whereas the one time Rhulk fought him he was beaten to a pulp with little effort.) Really Lyra fans have had a longer time to go without her being depowered. This is what we're getting right now, I wouldn't be surprised if by next year only Bruce and Jen can lay claim to being Hulks.

I think we'll see Skaar, Lyra and Red She-Hulk again, either from Greg Pak or someone when some writer wants to bring back some of the themes from Planet Hulk. Right now Marvel wants to revisit the Future Imperfect storyline so this is what we're getting.

Honestly I feel Skaar was the character most screwed by the Hulk family. He came out of one of the most beloved Hulk stories of all time, played into the history of the cycle of father-son abuse in the Banner family, and was going to be the third Hulk in the universe and the first one in a long time.

Then we get Rhulk, She-Rulk, A-bomb, and Lyra (ya Lyra was first but she was in a different universe and was really a footnote till she was reintroduced.) So suddenly there is this huge backlash against additional Hulk's, most of which were brought on by Loeb, and even though Pak did interesting things with them later, it was too late to work against them.

Yeah, I know Loeb's run was popular when it started, but I feel Rhulk was always more popular with non-Hulk fans, and years later Planet Hulk WWHulk and most of Pak's run is still very popular with Hulk fans, while the people who liked Rhulk have moved on to different things.

This post ended up being longer than I wanted, but whatever.

The point is there is a very good chance you will see Lyra again at some point. Just like I am almost certain I will see storylines featuring Skaar in his Hulk persona again. Really the only Hulk-Family character I would guess we won't see again is Abomb, though we'll still see Rick. Hopefully when they are reintroduced its not with all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I can't wait to see Doc Green confront Jen Walters. As the first member of the Hulk family, she has the most experience and is the most successful at integrating her Hulk persona into her overall life. Plus she's a legal genius so she has the smarts to talk down Doc if need be.
    Me too, really looking forward to it.

BANNED

Marvel cancels Savage Hulk for this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man24 View Post
    Is doc green a young maestro?
    No, he's the Professor with a beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    Marvel cancels Savage Hulk for this?
    This book existed alongside Savage Hulk. Savage Hulk was cancelled due to low sales.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    This book existed alongside Savage Hulk. Savage Hulk was cancelled due to low sales.
    Well, I was just lamenting on how Omega Hulk is the only Hulk story fans have left. If you're not a fan of it, you're left in the lurch yet again.

Maybe Secret Wars will produce more Hulk titles.