Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Although I wasn't impressed with his return, I'm glad Wonder Man is finally back. I just thought that there was going to be more of a story behind his return after being mysteriously stuck in Rogue for all that time. If it was all about Rogue getting to keep his powers, I think they could have had him return within a few issues after being adsorbed. I also held hope that WM would have a big Kurt Busiek Avengers #3 return. I'm glad that he is appearing in Secret Empire but it seems he will have nothing more than a support role. With his power set he should be the heaviest hitter for the underground resistance.

The most absurd about all this power transfer to Rogue is that Simon is imune to her power, if he so wishes. It was shown right there in her fisrt appearence in Avengers Annual #10. There is always a lot of debate as to when the term applies, but would this crap qualify Rogue to be a Mary Sue character?

Peace

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    The most absurd about all this power transfer to Rogue is that Simon is imune to her power, if he so wishes. It was shown right there in her fisrt appearence in Avengers Annual #10. There is always a lot of debate as to when the term applies, but would this crap qualify Rogue to be a Mary Sue character?

Peace
    This, and about a hundred other things are all Mary Sure qualifiers...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Nathan Fillion on movie posters as Simon Williams, intended for what ended up as a deleted scene in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.
    http://www.cbr.com/gotg-vol-2-nathan...on-wonder-man/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nathan Fillion on movie posters as Simon Williams, intended for what ended up as a deleted scene in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.
    I love all of those

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Thank goodness for deleted scenes and social media. We get to enjoy little gems like this which unfortunately don't necessarily make the final cut.

It would be nice if Simon Willaims actually showed up somewhere though. Even as a cameo.

Simon Williams and Nathan Fillion. Two guys I really like. A match made in heaven for me.

Peace

Peace
    wasn't the composition of his body a little different back then? Rogue definitely has more control over her powers; currently. either way, I really don't care for how Simon always seems to be absorbed by people and forgotten. but I guess they had to give Rogue superman-like powers somehow. :shrugs:

I see someone like James Marsden as Simon Williams IMO.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Little short isn't he? Simon's at least Joe Manganiello size.

Although I think Wonder Man should look at least 6 foot, I don't think he needs to look huge. I think Ryan Eggold from The Blacklist: Redemption might be good, though thry'd probably go for someone younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Little short isn't he? Simon's at least Joe Manganiello size.
    I really like Marden, but this was the first thing that came to mind.

Peace

A younger Jeffrey Dean Morgan/Negan would have made the perfect Wonder Man.

Simon Williams and Nathan Fillion. Two guys I really like. A match made in heaven for me.

Peace
    As much as I love Nathan ans as much as I think he'd be a great fit for the role, I think they need to cast someone younger. I feel bad for saying that, but some of these super heroe roles are going to lock in actors for the next decade plus. And Nathan is already getting up there in years.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    As much as I love Nathan ans as much as I think he'd be a great fit for the role, I think they need to cast someone younger. I feel bad for saying that, but some of these super heroe roles are going to lock in actors for the next decade plus. And Nathan is already getting up there in years.
    Age really is a factor here.

Peace