Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    He'd be a good fit for The Ultimates...
    Yes he would.

Peace

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Simon seems to be the Avengers' Jean Grey.

Peace
    He's a natural ginger?!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    He's a natural ginger?!
    Whoever said Jean was a "natural" ginger?

Peace

Simon joins the MCU? And with a fan-favorite actor?
    http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...-eggs-revealed

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Simon joins the MCU? And with a fan-favorite actor?
    http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...-eggs-revealed

Peace
    I really hope this isn't just an easter egg and there are actual plans for Simon in the MCU. Fillion would be awesome as Wonder Man .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really hope this isn't just an easter egg and there are actual plans for Simon in the MCU. Fillion would be awesome as Wonder Man .
    At the moment at least I'm just glad he's in it. Though I do think an actor like Fillion should get a descent side role down the line even if it's not here.

But at this point I'll take a cameo. I didn't think Simon would make the cut into the MCU honestly... and I'm super glad I was wrong. Awesome character played by an awesome actor. I'm happy.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I like Wonder Man, and if they go down the Vision/Wanda root, they kinda need him, but I really dont see that actor doing it well.

He'll need to hit a gym, hard, for a start.

He made one sci fi series that flopped ages ago, and did a decent voice job in Green Lantern. Forgive me, but I just dont get the fan base he has.

I fully expect these to be visual cameos, and there wont be an actual appearance.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I like Wonder Man, and if they go down the Vision/Wanda root, they kinda need him, but I really dont see that actor doing it well.

He made one sci fi series that flopped ages ago, and did a decent voice job in Green Lantern. Forgive me, but I just dont get the fan base he has.

I fully expect these to be visual cameos, and there wont be an actual appearance.
    Not really though, in the MCU Vision has zero connections to Simon Williams since the whole brainwaves thing is no longer an issue. So any connection would have to be retroactively manufactured at this point.

if anyhing, it's more likely he'd be an alien in the MCU just to explain his powers (short of calling him an Inhuman), plus him being in GotG generally feels like they're probably push him into a space setting somehow. Heck I'd bank on him being Starlord's dad more than anything at this point.

Yeah he could def be Starlords dad

At first I thought he would be Hollywood, the future Simon Williams and member of the Galactic Guardians.

Set screenshots show movie posters so at the very least he will be Simon the movie star in a flashback.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Unless they cast Kurt Russell to play old Wonder Man, instead of say Starhawk, he is not going to be Starlord's father.

I think it's an easter egg, and if MCU is going to have a Thunderbolts, Wonder Man whose origin is tied to Zemo, can replace one of the original character like Jolt.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Not really though, in the MCU Vision has zero connections to Simon Williams since the whole brainwaves thing is no longer an issue. So any connection would have to be retroactively manufactured at this point.
    It's so strange, the MCU Avengers have sidestepped about 90% of the "family drama" that the comic version has had. No Wonder Man yet and thus no Grim Reaper. No Hank Pym as Yellowjacket or Ultron with his Oedipus complex for Pym. Scarlet Witch and Vision have just showed up on the scene and there's no Simon to compete for her affections and no more Quicksilver to object to the whole thing. I'm not used to Marvel stuff that's so much less of a soap opera.

I'd like to see Wonder Man in the MCU but I'd be hard-pressed to know where he could fit. Fillion probably could do the role too.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

Fillion is also a Buffy alumnus (villain in the last season, if I'm not mistaken). And Castle is also quite popular among comic fans (it even had its own graphic novel).
    Yes, he'll have to hit the gym hard, but that's nothing new for actors of the super-hero genre. He seems to be a naturally fairly big guy, though.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 04-25-2016 at 07:28 PM.

Where is WM now a days? Last I heard, rogue had eaten him. Not sure if that's still the case?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    It's so strange, the MCU Avengers have sidestepped about 90% of the "family drama" that the comic version has had. No Wonder Man yet and thus no Grim Reaper. No Hank Pym as Yellowjacket or Ultron with his Oedipus complex for Pym. Scarlet Witch and Vision have just showed up on the scene and there's no Simon to compete for her affections and no more Quicksilver to object to the whole thing. I'm not used to Marvel stuff that's so much less of a soap opera.

I'd like to see Wonder Man in the MCU but I'd be hard-pressed to know where he could fit. Fillion probably could do the role too.
    I'm still surprised they actually decided to go with Vision/Wanda in the MCU to begin with. Going to guess the filmmakers were like, this situation is already plenty complicated and weird to begin with, and they really didn't need any more 'players' to their drama or else it will eclipse the movies with its level of soap, and nobody wants that. Though frankly, I wouldn't mind Quicksilver living and seeing his reactions, because it would have been hilarious.

And that's why I think Wonder Man is likely an easter egg but not an actual on-screen role. Sort of like how they had that easter egg of the original android Human Torch, and his creator Professor Horton, in the first Captain America movie. It's a significant easter egg in the grand scheme of the MCU, but not to the actual movie plots themselves.

Heck, maybe Nathan Fillion appears in Defenders instead! I think he'll work on the small screen better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Where is WM now a days? Last I heard, rogue had eaten him. Not sure if that's still the case?
    At the end of the last run of Remender's Uncanny Avengers, WM got exorcised from Rogue by one of the Evolutionary's scientists and put into the ether I guess. Wanda tried finding him like last time, with magic, couldn't find him. At least 2 alts of WM did appear on Battleworld AFAIK; one as part of a trio with Vision and original Human Torch when they were fighting the Ultron's beyond the wall; and the other was the Baron of Hollywood region.

Come ANAD, absolutely zero info on WM front so far.

Extraordinary Member

The Simon Williams movie news is interesting.

I am hoping the soap opera stuff between Vision, Wanda, and Simon never makes it to the big screen. They were three of my favorite characters growing up, but Byrne really destroyed them for a good long time. I hope that crap never gets mentioned in the comics again.

I was actually hoping that if Simon would appear, it would have been as a bitter rival of Stark who got powers after his business failed. I would have preferred that over Iron Man 3.