Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Guys. Please. That is not fair.

His mind is free. He is not inside Rogue mind. Read uncanny avengers vol 2 issue 1.

Rogue can't steal powers... she steals energy and copy powers(everything). Even ms Marvel was living her life when Rogue had her powers... Ms marvel was using Binary as code name and was stronger. And binary/ ms marvel had diffrent personality than "carol danvers" who was inside Rogue mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Guys. Please. That is not fair.

His mind is free. He is not inside Rogue mind. Read uncanny avengers vol 2 issue 1.
    Where is he then? (genuine question). The last I heard Rogue had eaten him. I didn't realise he was now free.

BANNED

Uncanny Avengers second volume first issue

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Uncanny_Avengers_Vol_2_1

His mind was removed from her my Master scientist from Counter Earth. Master scientist works for High Evolutionary. Rogue also has human body not energy body.

Wanda tried to find him in (Uncanny Avengers second volume last issue) but she couldn't

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Uncanny_Avengers_Vol_2_5

Wanda said " I can't find Simon. Or he doesn't want me to find him."
    Last edited by Xelossik; 09-06-2016 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I do think broken is too extreme a word. There is nothing wrong with the essence of the character. Just some very poor creative choices have been made with him. His being "absorbed" by Rogue certainly the worst of them. I agree that he needs distance from The Vision and the Scarlet Witch (and, now, from Rogue, also). I always thought that the tone and direction of the first seven issues of his series were perfect (than, in an attempt to increase sales, he became the Savage Wonder Man, and lost everything that was unique about the character). Simon was always the sane man in insane worlds (first the normal guy in the crazy world of super-heroes, then, in his series, the regular guy in the absurd world of Hollywood). I'd rather he got his own series agian, but doubt he'd have the sales power to really keep it going for long, other than that, Ultimates and GotG don't feel right to me. The main Avengers book also might not be the right place for him. Perhaps as the powerhouse to a new team, maybe a rogue (no pun intended, nor do I want her near it) team, a team that operates outside the public view?

Peace

The art would be extremely important. I like how Acuna makes him look. Embrace his celebrity. Get him back to LA; away from the Avengers for awhile. Visually upgrade his rogues gallery. Let this be a literal rebirth; says I.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    The art would be extremely important. I like how Acuna makes him look. Embrace his celebrity. Get him back to LA; away from the Avengers for awhile. Visually upgrade his rogues gallery. Let this be a literal rebirth; says I.
    Simon needs to get back to having a physical body and being one of Marvel’s strongest men. He definitely needs to be on his own away from the Avengers for awhile. I’d like to see him use his celebrity status to start a charitable organization and also rebuild Williams Innovations. Let’s start seeing Simon being worthy of the Wonder Man title.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

BANNED

Happy Birthday Bob Hall!!!

Marvel Team-Up # 136 by Bob Hall

Bob Hall designed costume from Avengers #253

The Hall outfit has basically been THE outfit for Wonder Man, although it has been slightly altered over the years.
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....hday_bob_hall/

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Bob Hall designed costume from Avengers #253

The Hall outfit has basically been THE outfit for Wonder Man, although it has been slightly altered over the years.
    My favorite Wonder Man costume!

Peace

BANNED

Question

Is Simon still worthy of being Wonder Man or is there a female marvel character nowadays going by 'Wonder Man' meaning Simon refers to himself only as 'Williams'.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Is Simon still worthy of being Wonder Man or is there a female marvel character nowadays going by 'Wonder Man' meaning Simon refers to himself only as 'Williams'.
    A female marvel character going by the name Wonder Man? I doubt if that will be happening any time soon. Still, I guess there's more chance of her being called Wonder Man than Wonder Woman or Wonder Girl.

Wonder Man will never have to worry about distaff counterparts, because DC are already using the names.

So was Wonder Man created by Marvel in the 1960s just to stop DC using the name for a character to go alongside their already existing Wonder Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    So was Wonder Man created by Marvel in the 1960s just to stop DC using the name for a character to go alongside their already existing Wonder Woman?
    Didn't work entirely. I remember an old storyline that had a male version of Wonder Woman going by the name of Captain Wonder.

Peace

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Does anyone know if Simon scored a variant cover for the new U.S.Avengers series?

It's a long shot, but I still haven't seen a list of all 50 sooo...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Love Wonder Man, group me in with those of you that liked his solo. Alongside What If, his book was one of the first series I roughly followed, both are missed and I would love new books for both. As far as Simon's look, I'd like to see a return to his 90s/solo book look, get rid of his ionic energy look, bring back his belt that tapped into his internal energy for flight. I can't wait for his inevitable return after Uncanny Avengers, he wasn't done any favors in that book between the pacifism & being put out of commission by Rogue. How awesome would a Beast & Wonder Man book be? Solos for both are long overdue, but a team up book would be epic
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

I'd rather see a Wonder Man/Vision team-up.