Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Didn't Xavier help fix Rogue's powers so that she didn't constantly absorb and only when she wanted?

What happened to cause a change, like totally absorbing Wonder Man, who was a man composed of Ionic energy? She could never do that before.

And Rogue couldn't even absorb WM's strength in the past. She was unable to absorb robots, androids, those not alive or those composed of energy.
    1 - Xavier? That was Danger mostly but yes
    2 - she absorbed powers of majority of Avengers and X-men (all except Thor, Wolverine, Havok, Sunfire, Dr Strange, Scarlet Witch, Wasp)
    Scarlet Witch casted the spell to return all powers but (probably) because Wonder Man gave her all powers ... he didn't had a body to return to
    3 - Rogue couldn't absorb Wonder Man in Avengers Annual 10
    but
    Rogue absorbed Shadow King (energy being) in Xtreme X-men annual(2002)...
    Rogue absorbing powers of energy beings was added to her powers because she trained her powers many years before absorbing poor Wonder Man

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops1983 View Post
    Can not wait for this! Attachment 45587
    When is this happening? Simon's true return? Or just an ionic genie?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    When is this happening? Simon's true return? Or just an ionic genie?
    Uncanny Avengers 23 (May 2017)
    solicitation: Wonder Man is back

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Uncanny Avengers 23 (May 2017)
    solicitation: Wonder Man is back
    Yay! Great news indeed for our ionic hero!

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

And hopefully the painful death of Rogue as a result of his return ...... though I doubt if that will happen.

I'm hoping Wonder Man does return and can no longer become a total ionic being.
    I'd rather he stay flesh and blood with an ionic aura around him when in full power mode.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    And hopefully the painful death of Rogue as a result of his return ...... though I doubt if that will happen.
    To bad for you Rogue is well and alive. Both characters deserve something good. Rogue doesn't deserve death just b/c what happened to Simon. Last I checked Rogue has shown concern about Simon and didn't believe he was gone after that cooky scientist said he purged Simon from her conscious.

Too bad for everyone whose powers she leeched off, you mean.

BANNED

Too bad for everyone whose powers she leeched off, you mean.
    Carol gained immediately stronger powers
    Sunfire regained his powers after a month
    only Wonder Man was really unlucky
    a little said that he didn't want to fly with her and gave her 100% of his powers. Remender should write this scene better.

Yeah, it's just the act and shock of having your abilities and powers (and memories in Danvers case) stolen from you without permission and then used by that person as if it was their own.

BANNED

Yeah, it's just the act and shock of having your abilities and powers (and memories in Danvers case) stolen from you without permission and then used by that person as if it was their own.
    Carol - she had better powers even before Rogue joined X-men. Didn't she also regained her memories but not feelings then?
    and technically... that was softly retconned because Rogue powers can't steal memories or feelings. Only copy them. Maybe that was shock? amnesia?

Sunfire - he made his decision and that was against Rogue will

Simon made a mistake and gave her 100% of his powers

Destroying life of 2 people (one intentionally and one (Simon)not intentioally)... not much for 36 years right?
    Last edited by Xelossik; 02-22-2017 at 01:59 PM.

I'm not saying she destroys life so you don't have to study and research every high profile occasion that she had taken someone's power to present in her defence. I just find her a very unlikable character and the nature and the use of her powers doesn't help her appeal. Just my personal preferences and opinion and I don't feel I should have to justify them just as you don't need to justify why you disagree.

Anyway apologies to Wonderman fans here who may feel this thread is going off course.

Rogue's name in the brazilian comic books is Vampira (Female Vampire), which speaks for itself.
    If anybody is wondering, Wonder Man's is Magnum. Don't ask me why. I have no idea what that means. Though, the literal translation (Homem Maravilha or Homem Maravilhoso) doesn't really sound very manly in Portuguese.

Peace

Whoever came up with the Magnum name is an idiot. He wears a W on most of his costumes for goodness sake, including both his original one and his current one! They should've come up with something that starts with W or left it in English.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Rogue's name in the brazilian comic books is Vampira (Female Vampire), which speaks for itself.
    If anybody is wondering, Wonder Man's is Magnum. Don't ask me why. I have no idea what that means. Though, the literal translation (Homem Maravilha or Homem Maravilhoso) doesn't really sound very manly in Portuguese.

Peace
    Homem Maravilha = Wonderful Man
    right? sounds good

Rogue - "Parasit" in Danish or "Ruda"("redhead" because that's her original hair) in Polish or Titania in latin spanish