Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    Does anyone think Wonder Man deserves another chance at a solo series or mini-series?

Well, I'm always up for some Wonder Man.

Peace

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

One of my favorite pics of Wonder Man

I bought a homemade poster-size print of this on eBay! It's actually pretty cool, and makes me wish Marvel had done real posters based on the Masterpieces...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Does anyone think Wonder Man deserves another chance at a solo series or mini-series?
    Of course he does! I'd really like to see PAD follow up his last mini with another; just give us a better artist next time!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Incredible Member PhantomReporter's Avatar

Long time Wondy fan. I wish they'd bring back WCA with the original 5 members plus one or two others. Done right, Wondy could be the Thor of that team, meaning in an iconic strong arm of the group sense. Even when he gets on the east coast team he tends to fall into the background and get lost among other super strong characters. That never happened in the WCA days - well until they decided to kill him off to launch Force Works.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomReporter View Post
    Long time Wondy fan. I wish they'd bring back WCA with the original 5 members plus one or two others. Done right, Wondy could be the Thor of that team, meaning in an iconic strong arm of the group sense. Even when he gets on the east coast team he tends to fall into the background and get lost among other super strong characters. That never happened in the WCA days - well until they decided to kill him off to launch Force Works.
    I'm all for this, but first thing they need to do is have him drop the pacifist angle.

Hopefully his most recent return from death will A.) make him want to hit things, and B.) stick for more than a few months!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Boy did they ever made a bad call with killing Wonder Man off at the beginning of Force Works. Marvel is messing him up with all this kill/return crap.

If they do return a WCA title I'd like to see this line up....

U.S. Agent
    War Machine /Iron Patriot
    Wonder Man
    Hawkeye
    Mockingbird
    Tigra
    Dazzler
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Lol, from where was that?
    Avengers 194...1980 (?)

This was probably my favorite era for Wonder Man...when he was learning how much of a hero he really was.

This would be my favorite also.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Of course he does! I'd really like to see PAD follow up his last mini with another; just give us a better artist next time!
    I think PAD could really delve into Wonder Man's past and use Simon's history as a CEO of Williams Innovations,
    his acting career and possibly a new venture like a charitable organization. I like Steve McNiven's work and would
    choose him as the artist.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

with all the half dozen different Avengers books you'd think they would have brought back WCA by now. but i'm just happy to see Simon on Uncanny Avengers.

Incredible Member PhantomReporter's Avatar

Hmmm here's a thought - at one time Simon was briefly a big movie star. What if in the 616 the Disney/Marvel Studios are doing similar to real life and Wondy gets tagged to play a part that makes him an A List movie star again. But to mix it up a bit they want him to play Thor (with blonde wig) or Tony Stark (with mustache) because nobody actually wants to make a Wonder Man movie!

Or Stallone taps Simon Williams, fading action star for a part in his new Expendables movie! Slightly different name of course.

I think Simon's acting career should be put on the back burner.
    I really like the idea of him starting a new company of his own and working with charities.

Hoping for his return.

BANNED

They need to get him ff the Uncanny Avengers where he's been written as a sissy pacifist. Let his badass flag fly
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post

Ah, yes. These images were missing from this threaad. Always fun to see Simon kicking the $#!% out of Mr. "I'm the best there is at what I do".

Peace