Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    Yeah...I never cared for the purple energy look for Wonder Man.

Below is Simon's best look IMHO. I'm digging the raised collar shown on the bust with this look as well.

Other than his original look, this is the look I like best for Wondy!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    As much as I loved Busiek and Perez's Avengers, I also prefer the non-energy look for Wonder Man. However, I also like when he is able to fly under his own power, so maybe a compromise could be reached. He would always mantain a normal human looking form, however, when he flew, he'd be surounded by a slight aura of purpule Kirby dots.

Peace
    I always thought it was weird they gave him a new form without altering his powers at all (as he actually could already fly before the new energy form). It was such a drastic change, but it didn't amount to anything.

Seems there are plans forSimon in No surrender, according to Brevoort.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Seems there are plans forSimon in No surrender, according to Brevoort.
    Not sure I'm liking the word "battered" on index card.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I always thought it was weird they gave him a new form without altering his powers at all (as he actually could already fly before the new energy form). It was such a drastic change, but it didn't amount to anything.
    Sorry, but what was weird about it? He basically came back o life as a being of pure energy. Coming back in this form was the only way he really could be brought back at that point. That's what the purple look was supposed to convey. Simon could only fly with the use of his rocket belt before that.

Not sure I'm liking the word "battered" on index card.
    Yeah, me neither. But at least he "will not..." (Die? Survive? Surrender? Go down easily? Fall?)
    And it seems like Rogue is going to steal someone else's powers, life and personality... Again!

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 10-01-2017 at 08:59 AM.

Incredible Member

I'm thinking "Battered but will not give up" or something along those lines. Looking forward to an Avengers story for the first time in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Sorry, but what was weird about it? He basically came back o life as a being of pure energy. Coming back in this form was the only way he really could be brought back at that point. That's what the purple look was supposed to convey. Simon could only fly with the use of his rocket belt before that.
    No, XPac is right. At the end of his 90's series Wondy got a whole lot of powers that didn't seem to ever be used again. Since he came to accept that his body was merly an energy construct that mimicked a human body's function, Wondy came to terms that his will was the only thing limiting his powers. So he became able to grow as big as Goliath, had some limited shape-shifting abilities, could fire ionic energy beams through his eyes (I'm not sure about this last one. could be misremembering it, and the actual issue is kind of out of my reach right now), and... fly under his own power. The independent flying, at least, he used in Force Works #1, when he flew into space to face the Kree battle cruiser, and his own "death".

Peace

Incredible Member

No, XPac is right. At the end of his 90's series Wondy got a whole lot of powers that didn't seem to ever be used again. Since he came to accept that his body was merly an energy construct that mimicked a human body's function, Wondy came to terms that his will was the only thing limiting his powers. So he became able to grow as big as Goliath, had some limited shape-shifting abilities, could fire ionic energy beams through his eyes (I'm not sure about this last one. could be misremembering it, and the actual issue is kind of out of my reach right now), and... fly under his own power. The independent flying, at least, he used in Force Works #1, when he flew into space to face the Kree battle cruiser, and his own "death".

Peace
    Ok, I guess I don't know as much as I think I do lol!

Yeah, me neither. But at least he "will not..." (Die? Survive? Surrender? Go down easily? Fall?)
    And it seems like Rogue is going to steal someone else's powers, life and personality... Again!

Peace
    Given we saw pacifist Simon in Uncanny, I'm wondering if he will not fight back.

Im actually a big fan of the energy form for Wonderman. He could always make himself look normal but the energy form gave him a greater visual appeal. IMO

Besides that it helped seperate him from the half a dozen pretty boy/girl strong men we already have in comics.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    I get why he had the pure energy look. I guess I assumed at the time that being energy would have effected his powerset somehow. Maybe allow him to move at light speed or project energy or be intangible at times or something. But essentially his powers were the same. In fact I think he even lost a few abilities he had gained at the end of his solo book (though arguably that was for the best).

Astonishing Member

Given we saw pacifist Simon in Uncanny, I'm wondering if he will not fight back.
    Today's UNCANNY AVENGERS #28 definitely answers that particular question regarding Simon being a pacifist.....as well as for having other great moments between him and Hank McCoy/Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Today's UNCANNY AVENGERS #28 definitely answers that particular question regarding Simon being a pacifist.....as well as for having other great moments between him and Hank McCoy/Beast.
    Hopefully they're a permanent fixture in the book rather than just a one shot tease. I would be weird if it took this long for both to be in the same on going title. That Avengers run they shared was decades and decades ago.

when will Simon seek therapy? he has the time and the money. he seems to be neglecting his own mental health. being "unmade" or absorbed that many times would definitely screw someone up. and that's w/o the ionic energy jacking with his brain.