Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

All I know is I'll be so pissed if they "kill" him in "No Surrender". It seems like every time he comes back, it's just to die. Again.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Today's Article with Writer Jim Zub discussing about Wonder Man & the Beast within the UNCANNY AVENGERS Series.

UNCANNY AVENGERS' Writer's Interview about Wonder Man and the Beast on the Unity Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Today's Article with Writer Jim Zub discussing about Wonder Man & the Beast within the UNCANNY AVENGERS Series.

UNCANNY AVENGERS' Writer's Interview about Wonder Man and the Beast on the Unity Squad.
    In the preview pages, it seems the colorist totally dropped the ball and colored his classic safari jacket brown! Oh well.... some folks just get no respect...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    In the preview pages, it seems the colorist totally dropped the ball and colored his classic safari jacket brown! Oh well.... some folks just get no respect...
    I thought the same thing! But after a second look, I kinda like the brown...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

I'm a little bummed they didn't flat out confirm that Simon and Beast are actually joinnig the team. They'll hang around, which is good, but I actually want to see them on the team full time. We get too many Beast/Wonder Man teases that never amount to them actually being in the same monthly book.

Astonishing Member

Today's AVENGERS #680, in addition with a powerful insight into Rogue, also revealed some interesting facts regarding Simon's powers and abilities.

Today's AVENGERS #680, in addition with a powerful insight into Rogue, also revealed some interesting facts regarding Simon's powers and abilities.
    Like what?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Like what?
    Like spoilers:
    both Nadia/Wasp and McCoy/Beast both speculated that Wonder Man's ionic powers could counteract whatever radiation is affecting the still comatose Edwin Jarvis; but unfortunately, it didn't work at all
    end of spoilers......!!!

Any thoughts on the preview pages from Avengers #686?

Really hoping Simon's not used as cannon fodder (again!). But, ya know, they've gotta stress how dangerous/badass the new "Immortal Hulk" is, right...? *eyeroll*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

Really hoping Simon's not used as cannon fodder (again!). But, ya know, they've gotta stress how dangerous/badass the new "Immortal Hulk" is, right...? *eyeroll*
    Well, Simon is one of the three strongest Avengers active in this crossover. I hope he puts up a good fight.(He will have to give up the pacifist routine right?)
    At least like a Thor Ragnorak movie's gladiator fight before he gets taken out.

I honestly don't like the whole "Pacifist" route they are going with Simon. It's dumb. Naive. Sure, there are better ways to doing things then always resorting to fistcuffs, however, Simon has been an Avenger long enough to know that , sometimes, you don't have other choices, and that fighting can save lives. It's not like he has to be Wolverine (a character he has alwyas despised for being who and what he is. A killer), but he also doesn't have to be a punching bag. Being as powerful as Simon is, he doesn't have the luxury nor even, dare I say, the right.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

I'm assuming the fact that they're leaving his confrontation with Hulk as a sort of cliff hanger means that they have something at least somewhat significant planned for his confrontation with the Hulk. In the least I don't just see him quickly jobbed out or anything like that.

Ultimate Member

Interesting that Simon can kinda/sorta teleport now, by changing to ionic energy and zapping himself somewhere.

And yeah, he's going to try to reason with the Hulk. Maybe it will even go well, until someone like Pietro shows up and does something impulsive to set the Hulk off, and get Simon beaten to 'death.' Only he's pretty much unkillable (he just reforms later), so it's going to be an empty scene, if it goes as expected.

I mean, they have to prop up the new Immortal Hulk title, right? And what better way to show how dangerous and unpredictable he is than to have him kill an Avenger that's not A-list, but just well known enough to generate a little buzz? Sure, Simon's technically immortal himself, but that hasn't stopped Marvel from benching him for years at a time.

"No Surrender" has been great so far, but I remain cautiously optimistic...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

How would Simon'strength, speed, durability and endurance stand up to the Hulk's?