Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I love Wonder Man, and I'm not ashamed to admit this: THE RED SAFARI JACKET COSTIME IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE COMIC COSTUMES OF ALL TIME!!!

(whew!) Feels good to let that out.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post

I've always found it interesting how good Wonder Man's track record against Wolverine is.

In contrast, Logan has fought Hulk at least half a dozen times and to a degree at least held his own on quite a few occasions. For whatever reason, Simon seems to be one of the few characters who seem to have Logans number.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post

I never get tired of seeing these scenes.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
    i enjoyed the solo series in the 90s, especially the supporting characters. I think Wondy is at his best when in Hollywood I also have that one-shot special set in the future and him still alive. That kinda sucked though.

Oh hey, this is my first post!
    Welcome to the thread.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    I love Wonder Man, and I'm not ashamed to admit this: THE RED SAFARI JACKET COSTIME IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE COMIC COSTUMES OF ALL TIME!!!

(whew!) Feels good to let that out.
    LOL!
    Not my favorite look, but Simon had some great panel time during that red safari jacket period.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Simon as Hollywood

I would like to see a version of Wonder Man sort of returning to his original take which was a essentially a normal man getting a super-soldier-like serum as opposed to Cap who was a weak man who for the serum.

He could be some sort of ultimate version of Wonder Man, more realistic and practical, no "ionic energy" mumbo jumbo. No Zemo either. You have Simon Williams this businessman-adventurer a mix of Tony Stark and Indiana Jones, after an unfortunate meeting with the Avengers, wants revenge and tracks down some old Nazis and somehow put together a similar super-soldier serum that Cap got. But you can see that this guy means business BEFORE the serum. Then as a intelligent strategist, he starts beating the Avengers by taking them down one by one. (I figure he could even take stuff from all the Avengers, like he has a super-soldier serum but he could also build himself an artificial non-magic hammer to face Thor, a insect scrambler to mess things with Pym or Wasp. Stuff like that. Hence the name "Wonder Man" cause he could do all the things a whole group of Avengers could do)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    I would like to see a version of Wonder Man sort of returning to his original take which was a essentially a normal man getting a super-soldier-like serum as opposed to Cap who was a weak man who for the serum.

He could be some sort of ultimate version of Wonder Man, more realistic and practical, no "ionic energy" mumbo jumbo. No Zemo either. You have Simon Williams this businessman-adventurer a mix of Tony Stark and Indiana Jones, after an unfortunate meeting with the Avengers, wants revenge and tracks down some old Nazis and somehow put together a similar super-soldier serum that Cap got. But you can see that this guy means business BEFORE the serum. Then as a intelligent strategist, he starts beating the Avengers by taking them down one by one. (I figure he could even take stuff from all the Avengers, like he has a super-soldier serum but he could also build himself an artificial non-magic hammer to face Thor, a insect scrambler to mess things with Pym or Wasp. Stuff like that. Hence the name "Wonder Man" cause he could do all the things a whole group of Avengers could do)
    He pretty much took out the whole team in his first appearance. I think the fact that he died in that same comic and stayed gone for around 10 years added a sort
    of mystique to the character. You always wondered how great of an Avenger he could have been, and I think they actually started his story off pretty well right after
    his initial resurrection. Then the writers ran out of ideas for him and began making one horrible choice after another, and made a joke of him in many people's eyes.
    There were a few good developments here and there, but most of the 25 years since he came back the first time has been **** for Wonder Man fans. Somehow, though,
    he's still one of my main guys.

so where is Simon currently? what is his personality currently?

Wonder Man is back with the Avengers as part of their Unity Squad. Simon won't fight,
    but will use his PR skills to help smooth things with those citizens that are skeptical with
    superheroes & mutants. He apologized for his past actions.

Wonder Man was absorbed by Rogue to boost her power to fight the Celestial Executioner.
    I believe his essence is still stuck within Rogue. Can't catch a break.

Last edited by Herowatcher; 03-19-2015 at 11:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

Been a big fan since he returned at the end of Avengers 151 way back in 1976. I wasn't a big fan of his solo adventures though. He works best as a team player. I'd like to see him on an Avengers team comprised of Beast, Carol Danvers and Hellcat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    He pretty much took out the whole team in his first appearance. I think the fact that he died in that same comic and stayed gone for around 10 years added a sort
    of mystique to the character. You always wondered how great of an Avenger he could have been, and I think they actually started his story off pretty well right after
    his initial resurrection. Then the writers ran out of ideas for him and began making one horrible choice after another, and made a joke of him in many people's eyes.
    There were a few good developments here and there, but most of the 25 years since he came back the first time has been **** for Wonder Man fans. Somehow, though,
    he's still one of my main guys.
    There's so much untapped potential with Wonder Man still. I never liked the Hollywood stuff and it would be interesting to explore the time he was gone, saying that he wasn't really comatose and he did other stuff. Maybe even say that when he said he was doing movies he was actually on a secret mission with experiments he would conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Been a big fan since he returned at the end of Avengers 151 way back in 1976. I wasn't a big fan of his solo adventures though. He works best as a team player. I'd like to see him on an Avengers team comprised of Beast, Carol Danvers and Hellcat.
    LOL...that's around when I became a fan of Simon too.

Astonishing Member

For all of those who enjoy Simon Williams' appearances will like his upcoming one, as shown within the SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS Article seen Here.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    For all of those who enjoy Simon Williams' appearances will like his upcoming one, as shown within the SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS Article seen Here.
    I read the interview, but didn't see any mention of Simon/Wonder Man...?

I'll still be picking up "Renew Your Vows" though.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES