Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    I really loved Jeff Johnson's art in Wonder Man. I really thought he was going to be a breakout artist, as was surprised he never soared to greater hights, becoming a true super-star artist.

Peace

Yeah, he was good. Well suited to Wondy, too.

Does anyone have a creative-team wish-list for a new Wonder Man ongoing?

Not Very realistic, but I'd go with Dan Slott/Christos Gage writing and Jimmy Cheung on art. Or, Al Ewing and Oliver Coipel.

Peace

I guess I'd go for Peter David or Kurt Busiek for writing, Alan Davis or Jim Lee for art.

My dream team for a Wonder Man book would be David Michelinie as the writer and George Pérez as the artist.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I really loved Jeff Johnson's art in Wonder Man. I really thought he was going to be a breakout artist, as was surprised he never soared to greater hights, becoming a true super-star artist.

Peace
    Unfortunately Johnson's art went downhill (IMHO) after the 90's.

I think he hit his peak during the end of his WM run, and the last good thing I recall seeing from him was the Justice League: Midsummer's Nightmare mini series...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Despite being a die-hard Captain Marvel fan, I have to admit there are quite a few issues of his old comic I have never read. The other day I came across a picture of Wonder Man in a variant of his costume which I'd never seen before: basically his original green & red number, but lacking the "girdle" round his middle and most of his cowl. It was an un-inked photocopy of a George Tuska page that was never printed due to editorial nixing the Wonder Man storyline (Dave Cockrum was called in to draw the replacement page featuring Mar-Vell walking down a street), and I thought it was worth putting it up here:

He was featured in the actual issue in the same attire:

Does anyone remember whether he wore this variation anywhere else?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    My dream team for a Wonder Man book would be David Michelinie as the writer and George Pérez as the artist.
    Micheline would be okay, but I'd also go with Busiek as first choice. I really dug his first two uniforms (especially the crazy Perez one with the red tights), but they are too out there for today's audiences. Still, the black unitard is kinda dull.

One of my all time drawings of Wonder Man
    d50f982be667be5cb31c6aa575353246.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Despite being a die-hard Captain Marvel fan, I have to admit there are quite a few issues of his old comic I have never read. The other day I came across a picture of Wonder Man in a variant of his costume which I'd never seen before: basically his original green & red number, but lacking the "girdle" round his middle and most of his cowl. It was an un-inked photocopy of a George Tuska page that was never printed due to editorial nixing the Wonder Man storyline (Dave Cockrum was called in to draw the replacement page featuring Mar-Vell walking down a street), and I thought it was worth putting it up here:

Oh Wow...thanks for sharing.
    I've not seen this look for Simon in other comics.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Yeah, he was good. Well suited to Wondy, too.

Does anyone have a creative-team wish-list for a new Wonder Man ongoing?
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Steve McNiven

OR

Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Olivier Coipel

Yeah I loved a more human Wonder Man, not this energy being crap. Would love him back with maybe Beast and he's gotta have the belt rockets. I hated the back ones.

I never saw Wondy wearing these costumes anywhere. Can't say I like it. But I don't hate it either. The Captain Marvel pic is pretty cool.

Peace