Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Sorry, wrong thread
    Last edited by LadyLutece; 07-22-2015 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLutece View Post
    Sorry, wrong thread
    Actually, no. This is the rightest thread of them all.

Peace

Fans of Wonder Man's safari jacket look will get to see him wear it one more time.

see article here.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Very nice. This is drawn by John Byrne? He was a fantastic artist,especially during his time on the X-Men and Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    But Count Nefaria helps take his place, since Nefaria got his powers partly from imprinting Josten's (as well as Living Laser's and Whirlwind's) into himself...and Nefaria has since become something of an ionic-vampire, using other ionic beings like Simon and Eric to charge himself up.

Black Talon isn't specifically a Wonder Man foe...but given his role in Simon's resurrection he does have a significant connection to him.

Nekra, as Grim Reaper's occasional lover, could also work.

The Hangman who fought the WCA could work, with their shared backgrounds of actors-turned-superhuman.
    Good suggestions.

Nefaria has a strong connection with Simon, due to his being an ionic energy vampire, however, a solo -Simon rogue? I don't know. Too much related to the Avengers, IMHO.
    Nekra, Grimm Reaper and Black Talon count, I'd say. If Loki is responsible for the founding of the Avengers, and is still seen as Thor's main bad guy, I'd say the same goes for GR and Simon. Nekra can easily fit, also. Black Talon is responsible for bringing him back, and it's not like he has a HUGE story that doesn't include Simon.
    The Hangman is a great suggestion.
    Someone else that, IMHO, should be included is Akron. He has a beef with Simon for using his name in his movies and that makes it personal, something that never was with the Avengers. And I can easily see a love triangle between Akron, Thundra and Simon.
    So, for now, Wonder Man's rogue's gallery would stand as:

- Grim Reaper (with Nekra showing potential)
    - Black Talon
    - Splice
    - Rampage
    - Lady Lotus
    - Goliath/Power Man/Atlas (hell, I love Atlas in the Thunderbolts, however, if Batroc and Zemo can go straight and still seen as Cap's rogues, the same will go for Eric)
    - Akron

And Hangman potentially could fit the bill. Maybe Crazy 8 can go really crazy and become a team of super-villains for him to hunt down.

All in all, there are many heroes with a lesser rogue's gallery.

Peace

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I've always found it interesting how good Wonder Man's track record against Wolverine is.

In contrast, Logan has fought Hulk at least half a dozen times and to a degree at least held his own on quite a few occasions. For whatever reason, Simon seems to be one of the few characters who seem to have Logans number.
    One thing overlooked and maybe even retconned or forgotten is how fast Simon is.... remember in an encounters with Ultron AGES ago in the infamous "Marvel forgot how many legs Ants really have" issue of The Avengers Wasp wondering how anyone human could move so quickly as he caught Ant-man's falling body.

Wow, we Wwonder Man fans sure got shorted on this one!

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...-revealed-543/

Peace

BANNED

In this case, I do not mind at all since what I got instead was OUTSTANDING!

Yes, we can't really complain about this one. It would be good if Wondy got a magnum opus all of his own, as I really don't think he has a signature story (though the Nefari/Lethal Legion Avengers arc from the late 70's comes close for me).

Yes, Kraven's Hunt was awsome, but Spidey has pleanty of awsome stories. I wouldn't have minded seeing WWondy getting a little love there.
    As for what I consider Simon's signature story. That's a tough one, for most of his great moments were great moments of the Avengers as a team (such as his facing his fears and Korvac at the climax of the Korvac Saga). His series was good, but most of the epic storylines were when he was going through his Savage Wonder man phase, which I don't think exemplifies well what Simon is all about. So, I'll go with Avengers Two, which was, IMHO, freakin' great.

Peace

Fantastic Member Chicken Pocket's Avatar

I was also introduced to Wonder Man during his Safari Jacket Phase, but I'd never seen this fantastic cover until recently:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post

I thought Wondy was at his best in this period of the Avengers.
    Magnificent art by John Byrne IMO

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    This was probably my favorite era for Wonder Man...when he was learning how much of a hero he really was.

Awesome cover!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Very nice. This is drawn by John Byrne? He was a fantastic artist,especially during his time on the X-Men and Superman.
    Agree with that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Good suggestions.

Nefaria has a strong connection with Simon, due to his being an ionic energy vampire, however, a solo -Simon rogue? I don't know. Too much related to the Avengers, IMHO.
    Nekra, Grimm Reaper and Black Talon count, I'd say. If Loki is responsible for the founding of the Avengers, and is still seen as Thor's main bad guy, I'd say the same goes for GR and Simon. Nekra can easily fit, also. Black Talon is responsible for bringing him back, and it's not like he has a HUGE story that doesn't include Simon.
    The Hangman is a great suggestion.
    Someone else that, IMHO, should be included is Akron. He has a beef with Simon for using his name in his movies and that makes it personal, something that never was with the Avengers. And I can easily see a love triangle between Akron, Thundra and Simon.
    So, for now, Wonder Man's rogue's gallery would stand as:

- Grim Reaper (with Nekra showing potential)
    - Black Talon
    - Splice
    - Rampage
    - Lady Lotus
    - Goliath/Power Man/Atlas (hell, I love Atlas in the Thunderbolts, however, if Batroc and Zemo can go straight and still seen as Cap's rogues, the same will go for Eric)
    - Akron

And Hangman potentially could fit the bill. Maybe Crazy 8 can go really crazy and become a team of super-villains for him to hunt down.

All in all, there are many heroes with a lesser rogue's gallery.

Peace
    Isn 't it 'Arkon'