Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

I like it. It looks like it might be a practical version of an armored suit. I would like the visor better if it weren't transparent, but I'd also be surprised if it doesn't turn out that it can change into a more translucent shade when in action (to protect his identity).

Standing on its own it looks fine. Pretty damn good for a tv show costume, in fact. Doesn't much look like the Atom though. But the mere fact it looks good could do the job selling it.

It reminds me of the American Son armor Harry Ozborn wore for a while. i like it though

Retired

It works as a first prototype. I'm sure eventually they'll lighten up on the suit. Once Palmer refines the microtechnology, he'll probably be able to do the same thing without so much heavy hardware. And I don't think they're going to make Brandon Routh walk around in all that armour every week. Why cover up such a fit guy?

Of course, super-heroes have been inventing super-powered suits long before even Tony Stark or Ted Kord. It's practically a stock motif in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It works as a first prototype. I'm sure eventually they'll lighten up on the suit. Once Palmer refines the microtechnology, he'll probably be able to do the same thing without so much heavy hardware. And I don't think they're going to make Brandon Routh walk around in all that armour every week. Why cover up such a fit guy?

Of course, super-heroes have been inventing super-powered suits long before even Tony Stark or Ted Kord. It's practically a stock motif in comics.
    Well, to go along with the character, of course, be it Atom, or Ray Palmer. Just the way it'd be, same as Tony Stark, or Peter Parker, seeing them as their superhero self at one point, as their civilian identity another.

Or, do half costume, in a HQ/hideout, half nothing.

Gotta go with suspension of disbelief, of make it fit the show, the art.

And, yes, can slim down the suit a bit, while still remaining armoured, or let outline of muscle be seen, though armoured suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Looks kind of like XO-Manowar.
    The helmet does make him look like X-O, LOL!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    It's been teased on the show for weeks, and The CW has released the first image of Brandon Routh in the full Atom suit on "Arrow."

Full article here.
    Looks like a high tech hockey player. What's his power on this show going to be again since he doesn't shrink? (somehow I think they'll have him do it anyway though to beat Ant-Man to the punch.)

Amazing Member

Better than I thought, but I still don't like teen drama filmed in the dark.

i don't like it..but i think BR will rock it no doubt
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

BANNED

This is not Ray Palmer at all. The guy on the show isn't even a scientist. Ray Palmer was never an inventor who wore armor.

It does look a lot like Atom's Costume from Brightest Day (other than the colors).

Source: Joe Kalicki on FB DC group -https://www.facebook.com/groups/DCPositivity/
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Even before clicking the link, I was afraid of that, though I expected more blue.

Anyway, for a TV costume it's not bad, but he does look like a mix between that guy and a football player... OF THE FUTURE.
    Y mean like this guy?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...ro_Vol_1_4.jpg

Yeah, this Ant Man costume looks great on Ray Palmer.

Where's the blue? Fail.

Good to see Brandon Routh get back into a DC uniform, though.
    Top 6 Legionnaires: Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Polar Boy, Shadow Lass, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy

Recent favorite books: Black Science, Five Ghosts, and LOW

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    i don't like it..but i think BR will rock it no doubt
    Do you think he'll go up, Up and away with it?