Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-Universe Post-Secret Wars Speculation Thread

So there have been some rumours that the X-Men would be moved off planet and other rumours that they'd be moved to Europe. In anycase lets talk about the state of mutants post-secret wars.

A running theme in Secret Wars is Dr. Doom hates mutants. In fact he considers them a blite

As we remember from Endangered Species Wanda Maximoff mutant murderer booby trapped reality. Thus mutants like Jubilee, Dani Moonstar etc... were stuck the way they are save being dumped into the M'Kraan Crystal (Xavier) or messed around with Celestial technology (Polaris, Magneto).

Will the decimated mutants get their powers back post-secret wars? What else do you think will happen?

BANNED

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    So there have been some rumours that the X-Men would be moved off planet and other rumours that they'd be moved to Europe. In anycase lets talk about the state of mutants post-secret wars.

A running theme in Secret Wars is Dr. Doom hates mutants. In fact he considers them a blite

As we remember from Endangered Species Wanda Maximoff mutant murderer booby trapped reality. Thus mutants like Jubilee, Dani Moonstar etc... were stuck the way they are save being dumped into the M'Kraan Crystal (Xavier) or messed around with Celestial technology (Polaris, Magneto).

Will the decimated mutants get their powers back post-secret wars? What else do you think will happen?

Not Europe, but EuropA.

It's a moon of some other Milky Way planet. I forget which.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

The problem with Doom is that his hate-on for mutants seems to come from no where. He's NEVER expressed that sort of dislike for mutants in the past (and from what I've seen in other discussions on that exact point has actually tried to woo Storm at least a couple times and viewed her as a worthy mate/concubine/whatever). Hell, his GODSON is a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by shootthej View Post
    Not Europe, but EuropA.

Oh right!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The problem with Doom is that his hate-on for mutants seems to come from no where. He's NEVER expressed that sort of dislike for mutants in the past (and from what I've seen in other discussions on that exact point has actually tried to woo Storm at least a couple times and viewed her as a worthy mate/concubine/whatever). Hell, his GODSON is a mutant.
    Yeah it's not a thread of Dooms motivations we all know Marvel is trying to shield Wanda from HoM. We're talking about given that 616 is destroyed, heck the multiverse is destroyed will we see Doom repower the decimated mutants? Or will they still be decimated?

Quote Originally Posted by shootthej View Post
    Not Europe, but EuropA.

Europa is a moon of Jupiter.

They'll be living right next to the moon near Saturn, Titan. Thanos' home.

I really hope that Marvel and Fox could settle down their differences and make a new deal it cant work for both parties
    And its nice to the fans.

So the X-men dont have to bow to the Inhumans and can live their own plots.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I really hope that Marvel and Fox could settle down their differences and make a new deal it cant work for both parties
    And its nice to the fans.

So the X-men dont have to bow to the Inhumans and can live their own plots.
    The Complex Thread is for that. We're discussing what will happen to the X-Men post-secret wars. Good and bad. Given Dooms hate for mutants though I think they're going to get burnt again.

He probably perceives them as a threat to his rule.

Doom wants to create order in the world, his order that is. A world free of dangers, but under his rule.

He can't do that if every other month another omega mutants pops up that endangers a continent, with powers to match his own. Mutants are chaos defined, he wants order.

If I'm correct, Franklin is Ben godson, the one Dooms love is Valeria Richards, even though super intelligent, she is not mutant. In my case I can understand why Dooms hates mutants when we see his personality: he loves perfection and control.

And perfection and control go completely against mutation. Even if mutations is something that happen normally in the nature (like bears fur color, giraffe long neck, etc...), in Marvel universe mutation is random and not perfect. Long time ago someone said that for every mutant that have control of their powers and look good, there are at last 5 "imperfect" mutants.

In other words, no one have control over it, not even the mutants, but still he can see some use in some mutants, like Storm. She has control over weather, she is considered almost like a God in her home in Africa, she is intelligent and a natural born leader.

If we take what mutation is, all Marvel heroes and villains with powers are mutants, the difference is that Captain America "mutation" was artificial, something he can control. Almost the same with Susan, her "mutation" was an accident, but she got her powers in an artificial way and can be controlled...

Marvel mutants cannot be controlled, and because their mutation is random, can evolve without warning (like Beast form), anyone can be a mutant without knowing and even the mutants themselves cannot control it, in Dooms eyes they are imperfect and not able to control them...

But for some reason he let them live in Battleworld, even they have their own lands!!! There must be a reason... maybe their own uncontrollable nature is the cause... even Wanda could not delete the mutation that create mutants... maybe is not that easy to destroy mutants, even for a god!!!

Also, we can see the same kind of mutations happened in other universes, in other planets... so, how can you fight against it?

So if you can't fight against something you hate, why not use it for your greatness??? I think that is the only reason he could not destroy mutants, even though we can see that in several words they are second class citizens or even slaves!!!
    Last edited by datugu; 06-22-2015 at 09:09 AM.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

My hopes are that they are placed in a rebooted version of the New Universe. This would put the X-men on a different earth that is free from the already established history of Marvel U. This way the X-men can introduce their own mythos regarding aliens, gods, other Super-powered beings and technology. A Earth not already cluttered with other super types could paint a more clear picture to the experience of being a mutant.

However i think from the SW issues having to deal with a virus killing mutants on earth we may see them moved off world. With a few exceptions like Ultimate U versions of X-men that may not be affected because they are different from 616 mutants.

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    My hopes are that they are placed in a rebooted version of the New Universe. This would put the X-men on a different earth that is free from the already established history of Marvel U. This way the X-men can introduce their own mythos regarding aliens, gods, other Super-powered beings and technology. A Earth not already cluttered with other super types could paint a more clear picture to the experience of being a mutant.

However i think from the SW issues having to deal with a virus killing mutants on earth we may see them moved off world. With a few exceptions like Ultimate U versions of X-men that may not be affected because they are different from 616 mutants.
    I'm leaning towards the teen O5, X-23/Wolverine and Old Man Logan, and maybe some Ultimate X-Men, staying behind and being the "X-Men" of Earth.

Everyone else will be shipped off.

I honestly have no idea of what to expect, but I'm predicting that the O5 are still around. And we already know that X-23, Old Man Logan and adult Cyclops will be around too. Beyond that it's all up in the air I think.

BANNED

Books on new earth and Battleworld. They hinted that in interviews.

I expect Old man Logan to be on Earth with X23 Wolverine.

BANNED

The X-MEN are one big question mark right now. I really hope the rumor of them moving off planet isn't true, it would defeat the point of the X-MEN if they no longer have to live among the normal humans.