Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
Thanks a lot for the suggestions everyone, and I'm sorry that I didn't add my preferences to my firs post. Generally, I prefer Sci-Fi, but I'm always down for a bit of horror as well (something akin to Swamp-Thing maybe). I've read a bit of Valiant before and I kinda liked it, but I'd rather start from the beginning, so if I pull X-O I'll need to get the back-issues too. Here's what I've been eyeing:

1)IDW Dredd
2)Titan Doctor Who
3)Spawn
4)East of West
5)Nameless
6)IDW Transformers (I've heard that they're quite good)
7)Jupiter's Legacy
8)Lazarus
9)Zero
10)Valiant (Rai, X-O, Bloodshot, Ivar, Q&W)
11)Black Sky (it intrigued me so I did a bit of research and I liked what I saw)
12)Hellboy and the BPRD
13)Invincible Universe
14)The Wicked + The Divine
Of that list I'm reading East of West and the IDW Transformer series so they're the only ones I can give an opinion on.

East of West is awesome but I find it quite hard to follow as a monthly series. I find I often have to track back to previous issues to catch up on stuff I have forgotten for the current issue to make sense. It will probably read a whole lot better in collected editions when the series has finished.
Also, as good as it is I still like Manhattan Projects (also by Hickman) a lot more. Can't wait for that series to come back from hiatus.

The IDW Transformers series is something I can recommend too, starting with More than Meets the Eye #1 and Robots in Disguise #1. There's a whole lot of stuff that came before it but that's a bit of a mixed bag, and generally not all that important for following the current stuff.
Both are solid scifi series, but if you have to choose just one go for MtMtE