Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    LoganxAngela now that would be one heck of a ship. Although i think Sera wouldn't be the type to share.
    I didn't mean to suggest that the crush would be mutual, only that Angela seems like Logan's type. As these things go, for all we know the two have already met and had an adventure or two.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    Good question, what is Bor doing in Hel? I wonder if there was some mix up that happened. Also I think Hela is not going to take having her stolen standing down.
    I think Bor dies in a more recent story. Maybe in something like Fear Itself. I think it was something like that or around that time in Thor where it happened.

I've never read Marvel's Angela stuff before (just Image)... I wonder if they could do some interesting things in an Angela ongoing series.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Well she's the Queen of Hel which is kinda interesting.

From Marguerite Bennett's Twitter just a few minutes ago:

AngelaQueen.jpg
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I needed this good news.
    I'm so excited for that.

BANNED

so thoughts on angela going from her queen of hel book to being loki's security guard in "Vote Loki" ?

I watched the Guardians of the Galaxy episode (which was a chore btw) for Angela and I loved her parts in it, her fights with Gamora are always awesome. On one hand I wish she was included in the show's main cast just so I could see her in a cartoon since her series is over and I don't know how proeminent she'll be in Loki's new series but on the other hand I don't know if I'll be able to put myself through another 20 or so minutes of that man child with the annoying voice in order to see Angela kick ass for a couple of seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    so thoughts on angela going from her queen of hel book to being loki's security guard in "Vote Loki" ?
    I was going to read that because it's Loki anyway, so now I have even more reason to. I'd rather her get another chance at a solo sometime soon but well...

BANNED

i just find it weird she got so many books already from her first one to the secret wars witch hunter and queen of hel(not to mention her time on guardians) but now she gets demoted to more of a minor secondary character than one who is up in the middle of everything

i just find it weird she got so many books already from her first one to the secret wars witch hunter and queen of hel(not to mention her time on guardians) but now she gets demoted to more of a minor secondary character than one who is up in the middle of everything

Angela Queen of Hel #5 - 15,968

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...6/2016-02.html

It doesn't matter how cool she may be, her book was not selling enough to support itself, that's all there is to it. Marvel is not going to put out a solo book that is going to lose money. It's be a supporting character in someone elses book or a team, or nothing. There is of course always digital and TPB's to consider, but still, and there are a few books selling around the same that have managed to stick around for at least a few issues more, but they will likely disappear completely once they end, but they had a place for Angela all lined up, so... It was going to be cancelled no matter what, Loki's book had nothing to do with it, it's just where they are sticking her now that her own series is done.

They may give her another solo sometime, but not right away. If it launched right away, it would most likely just end up selling the same. Give it a breather but keep her active, it will probably sell better next time.

And as has already been explained to you, she was queen of Hel for like, one issue, before abdicating and giving the throne to Balder. Ruling Hel is not what she wanted, she just wanted Sera back.
    Last edited by Raye; 03-29-2016 at 12:34 AM.

Marvel seems to be really putting effort in advertising "Vote Loki", so if it sells well and Angela is featured as a main character it will give her more exposure and maybe gain her more fans, so when she gets another solo she'll have a bigger following and it will hopefully do better. That's me being optimistic.
    I'm still bitter about Queen Of Hel ending, especially because I love Sera and I'll miss her sassy fourth-wall breaking narration. I hope she shows up in the Loki series...

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    It's be a supporting character in someone elses book or a team, or nothing. There is of course always digital and TPB's to consider, but still, and there are a few books selling around the same that have managed to stick around for at least a few issues more, but they will likely disappear completely once they end, but they had a place for Angela all lined up, so...
    Sadly, I have to agree. For now it's better than nothing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Angela Queen of Hel #5 - 15,968

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...6/2016-02.html

It doesn't matter how cool she may be, her book was not selling enough to support itself, that's all there is to it. Marvel is not going to put out a solo book that is going to lose money. It's be a supporting character in someone elses book or a team, or nothing. There is of course always digital and TPB's to consider, but still, and there are a few books selling around the same that have managed to stick around for at least a few issues more, but they will likely disappear completely once they end, but they had a place for Angela all lined up, so... It was going to be cancelled no matter what, Loki's book had nothing to do with it, it's just where they are sticking her now that her own series is done.

They may give her another solo sometime, but not right away. If it launched right away, it would most likely just end up selling the same. Give it a breather but keep her active, it will probably sell better next time.

And as has already been explained to you, she was queen of Hel for like, one issue, before abdicating and giving the throne to Balder. Ruling Hel is not what she wanted, she just wanted Sera back.

then what does that mean for squirrel girl? because her issue sales aren't anything to be proud of and there's no real place to put her once it does get canceled since she conflicts with most of the marvel universe as a light hearted god mode character who doesn't really fit the mold of the current books unless they make her appearances very brief and do something to keep her from just curb stomping all challenges

it was strange to then name the book queen of hel if she only ruled it for one issue that's like naming a book Peter Parker US President And he's impeached after like the first issue

Squirrel Girl sells phenomenally well in TPB's. It's just that we only have charts for the Diamond market. But Squirrel Girl hit the NY Times Bestseller list with it's TPB, (The only other ongoing MU title to do that in the past few years is Ms. Marvel. the TPB and Diamond markets are apparently quite different. Like, INSANELY different. Did you even know there are Babysitter Club GN's? cus they sell REALLY well.) so that is where it's making it's money. Hence why it is getting a new OGN. If a book can make up for low direct market sales in either digital or TPB's, it can carry on despite low Diamond sales. It's just that we only know a few of the outstanding performers in those markets, Ms Marvel for digital, Squirrel Girl for TPB's, there are no charts to link to for either, so we can only assume that any book that is doing poorly in the Diamond charts yet is not cancelled is performing well enough to continue elsewhere. Apparently Angela is not in that club, though.

Any book that can not pull it's weight financially will get cancelled, just the way it is.

and if Squirrel Girl gets cancelled, she is ALREADY in New Avengers, so obviously there is a place for her. But I am going to leave it at that, and try and get back to Angela now, cus seriously, you're turning this into another hate on Squirrel Girl thing? really? Let it go.

The title.. well she spent most of the series trying to become queen of Hel, so... fit as well as anything else. Asgard's Assassin didn't have her assassinating anything, so whatever.

As for Sera... Seems like she ought to appear in at least a minor role, but I hope, personally, there is no fourth wall breaking from her. I like Angela as a character, I liked the first book with her when Kieron Gillen was on it, but not a fan of Sera, and when it got into massive fourth wall breaking, I hated that.
    Last edited by Raye; 03-29-2016 at 04:23 AM.

Spectacular Member

As seen in the solicitations this week Angela will be joining the Guardians and Bendis again. What do you think of this?

I hope 1) it will be for a long time and 2) it will give her some big roles. I still think instead of some Guardians issues, Original Sin and her three solo series they should have kept her longer as a Guardians of the Galaxy member. There she should have at least one big story build around her and at the end f said story she could have a status quo, allies and at least one memorable enemy.

I think this is also the reason she still seems foreign to the MU and not as a natural part of it. There isn't a really cool story or arc who screams "Here i am". At least the last new and big character "Thawne" -the son of Thanos- was introduced in Infinity (before he seemed to disapear ).