Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Man, Angela looks gorgeous and fierce there. I don't play it, but I like the team being slotted in as fantasy archetypes and appreciate you sharing this, juan678.

Sadly, this reminds me that we still have no resolution for Sera's status on the horizon. It sucks that no one has ever said something at Marvel to explain if things have fallen through with the supposed plans for her or whatever.
    Tiamatty actually questioned a Marvel editor on Twitter about this, and the response was that apparently there were no plans for Sera, which doesn't shock me at all, 'cause just like I said, I doubt there were ever actual plans to follow up that story. I'm 100% convinced Bendis only did what he did because people were giving him hell and accusing him of queer erasure, so he came up with the most tone-deaf way to acknowledge that Angela had a lover, without even realizing he just made things worse for them. And now no one cares enough to fix his mess. The whole thing is just embarrassing and frustrating.

I'll just sit here waiting for the day Gillen and/or Bennett will write for Marvel again, 'cause they might be the only two writers who give a damn about Sera.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Tiamatty actually questioned a Marvel editor on Twitter about this, and the response was that apparently there were no plans for Sera, which doesn't shock me at all, 'cause just like I said, I doubt there were ever actual plans to follow up that story. I'm 100% convinced Bendis only did what he did because people were giving him hell and accusing him of queer erasure, so he came up with the most tone-deaf way to acknowledge that Angela had a lover, without even realizing he just made things worse for them. And now no one cares enough to fix his mess. The whole thing is just embarrassing and frustrating.

I'll just sit here waiting for the day Gillen and/or Bennett will write for Marvel again, 'cause they might be the only two writers who give a damn about Sera.
    Bendis having Sera completely disappear is still the closest he came to writing a same-sex relationship at Marvel. He was always fine including gay characters, he just had no interest in letting those characters have romantic or sexual lives.

And I agree, I'm still pissed at what happened to Sera, and at Marvel apparently having no actual plans to follow up on her. She was a great character, and Marvel is so lacking in trans rep that it's just a **** look for them to have one of their few examples just disappear without any explanation.

Damn sucks we haven't seen either Angela or Sera in a while, wish they actually did a better job in promoting the character. Hopefully either one of them show up in the new Thor run, i would truly be shocked if they do though...
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Damn sucks we haven't seen either Angela or Sera in a while, wish they actually did a better job in promoting the character. Hopefully either one of them show up in the new Thor run, i would truly be shocked if they do though...
    I wouldn't be surprised if Angela showed up in Aaron's Thor again. She's appeared already, I can definitely see her showing up again. And if she does, I'm sure there will once again be no reference to Sera.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Angela showed up in Aaron's Thor again. She's appeared already, I can definitely see her showing up again. And if she does, I'm sure there will once again be no reference to Sera.
    Hopefully, the first arc of Thor seems to be reuniting him with his brothers so hopefully Angela gets to pop her head in at least, its a shame that we only get to see Sera is if Angela gets another solo which seems to be highly unlikely, for at least a while.
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Hopefully, the first arc of Thor seems to be reuniting him with his brothers so hopefully Angela gets to pop her head in at least, its a shame that we only get to see Sera is if Angela gets another solo which seems to be highly unlikely, for at least a while.
    I like to think Sera is off in space, having her own adventures, while searching for Angela.

I also like to imagine one of those adventures had her team up with Singularity to help some planet fight off some massive threat. And Sera was annoyed at how lame her promised reward turned out to be, but consoled herself with nubile maidens for a few days before resuming her search.

Because Sera and Angela are definitely in an open relationship.

I keep hoping Singularity will show up in Ms. Marvel, or even Captain Marvel (Bean has nothing on her), and now I accept your proposal that her and Sera are hanging out being awesome in space and should be a package deal.

Singularity would learn A LOT from Sera haha. The poor dear.

Trying to think of likely avenues for Angela, and, beyond another guest appearance in Thor as noted above... taking the guest spot in Avengers down the line? The X-Men have done a space adventure recently with the Symbiote stuff, so it's hard to see how she fits in because she would probably be too powerful for a lot of the NYC heroes with solo series.

Look, with the events coming up in the new Thor book, I feel like Angela HAS to show up there. Both Balder (as the King of Hel) and Hela will be there, and it looks like Balder might even get married to Hela, which would be a direct conflict of interest for the position Angela left him with. She promised she would return if anyone dared to defy her rules, so now might be just the time for that.

I don't have high hopes for Thor but I want to see other characters like Hela and Angela.

interesting bit I found in Original Sin.

Angela was born during the Stone Age.
    Last edited by GodThor; 05-01-2018 at 10:10 AM.

I keep hoping Singularity will show up in Ms. Marvel, or even Captain Marvel (Bean has nothing on her), and now I accept your proposal that her and Sera are hanging out being awesome in space and should be a package deal.

Singularity would learn A LOT from Sera haha. The poor dear.
    I was actually thinking of it as a one-off team-up. They happened to be on the same planet when something big was happening, and they both helped for their own reasons. Singularity, because she is The Sweetest Thing. Sera, because she was promised a great reward. (She probably would've helped anyway, because she's got a secret noble and heroic side to her, but she still insisted on a reward before she agreed to help.)

After that team-up, they went their separate ways again, with Sera joining a team for a heist, and Singularity met Galactus.

https://twitter.com/jasonaaron/statu...06392319242240

Just came across this. No mention of Sera though.

nice, they didn't forget about her.

Yep, I guess I was right about her showing up on Thor.

I'm glad, i kind of figured she would show up but confirmation is really great. I would love to see Thor and her brothers interact a lot more...The only downside is they wont really get to meet Sera
    She's A Lifebringer