Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Love this. She looks bad-ass in it.

Gamora and Angela art by Leandro Matos

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Well the hook up between Gamora and Angela is only realistically going to happen in fan fiction imo. As for the interaction between them, which I agree has been fun to read, I'm hoping there will still be interaction between the two. Maybe Gamora joins the Avengers not long after Angela does?
    i would so like that can't break up a duo with such good chemistry. In her solo she and gamora should team up more. Is that gwen stacy as a spider woman in your avi that is hella cool.

I really don't get this move at all. What is interesting at all about this character? How can you make a character based around the Judeo-Christian Heaven, literally named after an Angel, and shove her into a cosmic Norse pantheon?

I can see some people are excited by this, I'm not trying to piss on that, but I do not get it. If you're going to force her into the MU why not just make her, her own thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I really don't get this move at all. What is interesting at all about this character? How can you make a character based around the Judeo-Christian Heaven, literally named after an Angel, and shove her into a cosmic Norse pantheon?

I can see some people are excited by this, I'm not trying to piss on that, but I do not get it. If you're going to force her into the MU why not just make her, her own thing?
    I think it's the equivalent of DC buying Captain Marvel and basically making him another DC character. Buying all the Charleton characters and just making them DC characters. Basically, what worked for Angela in the Spawnverse doesn't work in the Marvel U.

Not saying it's a good reason, but it sounds like the reason they are doing it. To blend into the Marvel U, you have to be part of something. I figure, with her visual style, she seemed like a better fit for the Norse myths of the Marvel U. than something like Inhumans, Eternals or Mutants.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    i would so like that can't break up a duo with such good chemistry. In her solo she and gamora should team up more. Is that gwen stacy as a spider woman in your avi that is hella cool.
    Yeah I'd love to see Gamora and Angela work together in Angela's solo so fingers crossed on that as I agree with you about the chemistry.

As for my avatar, yes that is Gwen Stacy as a Spider-Woman. I put it as my avatar as I agree with you that it's cool.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Spectacular!!

What exactly is the tenth realm?
    It would have been great if Angela were like Zauriel. Alternately, her father was Odin and her mother an angel of the "mainstream" Heaven.

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post

I'm with you on this one. As a Marvel character she has promise, I suppose, but then again so do any of the warrior women from Valkyries to Sif. Not sure why Angela had to be linked to the Norse pantheon.

Just my opinion, but I think they would have been better off leaving her Judeo-Christian link intact, instead of reconfiguring Asgard to accommodate her. Historically, the Christians would have considered Norse god worshippers as idolaters and done their damnedest to smite them from the face of existence. Unless we see a similar internal struggle within Angela over her origins, none of this make sense.

I remember her from the Spawn days and I liked her there, but what Marvel is doing is a head scratcher. I also think she needs to put on some damn clothes, if she's going to run around mainstream Earth. She's not Red Sonja and this isn't the Hyborian Age.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Gamora and Angela art by Leandro Matos
    Love it.

Love it.

Favourite out of the three. Also volcaniktiger? this should be your new avatar.

I am in awe of this cover. Just stunning. Stephanie Hans is amazing!
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-