Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Why do you think that?
    I think I have seen a lot of official sources just make the case even more ambiguous about her gender status.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    I think I have seen a lot of official sources just make the case even more ambiguous about her gender status.
    Her gender is female, she's a woman. She deserves to be treated like one, her transexuality doesn't need to be brought up all the time or something like that...

I don't care what gender Sera is - so long a they keep her freaking awesome. She's one of my favorite characters!

And speaking of Sera, someone mentioned on Tumblr that they think Sera may be heading down a dark road after all that's happened. What do you all think?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I do wonder if Sera is still transgender because the current writers seem to indicate she is now a cis-female rather than a transwoman.
    She's still transgender. It's just that there's not much reason to bring it up. She's a woman now. We still get references to her having been an Anchorite, and those were all male. So there's no retcons going on here. But it would be awkward to have her repeatedly mention that she's trans.

I do wonder how the trans process works in Angel society. It must be different than the normal procedure on earth.

I do wonder how the trans process works in Angel society. It must be different than the normal procedure on earth.
    There is no process in Angel society. They have a strict hierarchy, and a strict gender division. The flashback we saw suggests Sera did seek out magic to transition, but it wasn't Angel magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    There is no process in Angel society. They have a strict hierarchy, and a strict gender division. The flashback we saw suggests Sera did seek out magic to transition, but it wasn't Angel magic.
    If it wasn't Angel magic, then what was it because they have been closed off from the rest of of the other realms.

If it wasn't Angel magic, then what was it because they have been closed off from the rest of of the other realms.
    Well, we know Angela and Sera were having adventures while Heven was cut off. So it may be that Heven was actually a very large realm. Or maybe when it was cut off, it was connected to a different cosmos, or something like that. Either way, they could still have adventures, fight monsters, make deals with various aliens - all sorts of stuff.

I do wonder if Angela and Heven should get more Norse influence as time goes by. Although I still think she was clumsily inserted into the comics, I think as time goes on there can be a slow evolution where she can fit in more perfectly. One thing that maybe could have worked better is that Odin had an affair with the Queen of the Angels and it produced Angela which would have made her half Asgardian/half Angel. And the reason why Heven was because they had a plan that would have caused chaos to the other realms which lead Odin to seal away Heven. After sealing the tenth realm, the Queen of Angels would have fell pregnant with Angela without Odin ever knowing her existence for thousands of years. Although in my opinion, it still sounds hamfisted but it's the best I could think of. Not to mention it's kind of in character for Odin to sleep around with other women.

In my opinion it would be fun to have Angela have some Asgardian, giant, or any other Norse based side characters to tag along with her. I kind of would be happy if some of those side characters would be characters from actual Norse mythology.

One fun idea running around in my head is that she could possibly team up with an unused offspring of Loki's like Eisa and Einmyria, Loki's two fire giantess twins from mythology.Along with Loki's ex-lover, Glut who would be a fire giantess.

http://www.northernpaganism.org/shrines/glut/about.html

So Angela got a GLAAD nomination and also getting criticism from people over the recent issue.

Holy Hel.

I thought this issue was fantastic! I just had so much fun reading it. ANd if some people found it offensive they need to get over themselves. I thought it was brilliant. Well done Marguerite Bennett, well done.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Another great issue. And brutal! Loving the tone of this series.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I don't care what anyone says, this was funny.

CZwlCexWIAABGig.jpg

I love this comic. And yay for smooches. Also, Stephanie Hans' art is always so drool-worthy.

I loved this whole comic but that was my favorite part. I think I died laughing.

Yes! Margarett has a way with words. And is a delight on twitter/instagram as well
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-