View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Birthright #5

1 2.38%
  • Dead at 17: The Blasphemy Throne #6

0 0%
  • East of West #17

4 9.52%
  • Humans #4

0 0%
  • Nailbiter #10

0 0%
  • Nameless #1

8 19.05%
  • Oddly Normal #5

0 0%
  • Postal #1

0 0%
  • Saga #25

10 23.81%
  • Sheltered #14

6 14.29%
  • Spawn #250

1 2.38%
  • Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #1

5 11.90%
  • Velvet #9

7 16.67%
  • Wytches #4

0 0%
  • Other - COWL #8, EGOs #5, Sinergy #4

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Yup I'm voting for Saga too. Boring and predictable choice? Maybe, but dang I just really love these characters. Saga's basically the best soap series ever.
    Did anyone read Postal though? Any good? I'm cutting a lot of books so didn't want to tempt myself with a new #1, but it looked pretty interesting.

Look who's back!
    Hi Snorefest!

Ratings from best to worst from my pull this week

Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #1 10/10
    Sheltered #14 10/10
    Oddly Normal #5 9.5/10
    The Goon Once Upon a Hard Time #1 (Darkhorse) 9.5/10
    Nailbiter #10 9/10
    Saga #25 8.5/10
    A Town Called Dragon #5 (Legendary)8.5/10
    Birthright #5 8/10
    Nameless #1 3.5/10

Picked up 10 titles this week. Still have Sixth Gun Days of the Dead #5 to read but still have the previous unread issues sitting on my desk to catch up first. Overall a very good week with the exception of Nameless #1. What an awful putrid comic, I'm giving it a very generous 3.5 out of 10 but that's only because of the beautiful art. It is quite possibly the worst comic I have read all year, couldn't wait to get the issue over with and didn't care for any of the characters or story. So bad I had to take a shower after reading it.
    Stray Bullets and Sheltered was once again sensational. I made a mistake in the voting as I wanted to give both Stray Bullets and Sheltered a vote, both I absolutely loved and were the best of the week for me. Ended up voting for Stray Bullets but after thinking it over, the penultimate issue of Sheltered was the best issue of the series so far and I liked all 8 previous issues of Stray Bullets Killers more than Sunshine and Roses even though it was great. Killers was just a perfect mini. So in the end I should've voted for Sheltered #14 as best of the week.
    Loved Oddly Normal this week, would've gotten my vote had Sheltered and Stray Bullets weren't so spectacular. My favorite issue of the series so far.
    Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 02-07-2015 at 08:03 PM.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Nameless was pretty sweet. I'll have to give it a closer second read, (maybe do some annotating) but first impressions were good. There's been a lot of great 'Grant Morrison and ____' duos but I think the 'Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham' duo is up there as one of the best. I love the work they produce together.

C.O.W.L. was, again, a great read but Wytches missed the mark. I liked the first three issues well enough but this issue irked me. Even then, Jock's art was still gorgeous.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Great week for Image. Wytches, Nameless and Velvet were all great. I gave the nod to Nameless, but not by much.
    If you are not reading Lazarus, you should be.

This week I pulled 9 Image titles :-

• Birthright 4.5/5

• C.O.W.L. 4/5

• East Of West #17 4.5/5

• Nailbiter #10 4/5

• Nameless #1 2/5

• Saga #25 4/5

• Sheltered #14 5/5

• Velvet #9 3/5

• Wytches #4 4.5/5

Sheltered got my vote it's just been a fantastic series since #1, I can't remember getting a single issue that was less than spectacular.

Not Image related but for anyone who was disappointment with Bitch Planet I'd recommend Cluster #1 from Boom. It's basically the book I was hoping Bitch Planet was going to be, IMO the art & story are superior.

All-New Member

I actually at one point had Saga, Stray Bullets, COWL, Nailbiter, East of West, and Velvet on my pull list. I'm still on the fence and may put Nailbiter back on but these were all pretty great stories, I just got tired of them. I got bored of Saga and Stray Bullets. COWL is just a meh story to me, East of West is just too dang confusing, and Velvet is just something that isn't really my cup of tea. I am going to pick up the Birthright trade, though. I voted for Nameless however. It was a fresh new story and the subject matter is right up my alley of reading interest. I usually give Image 1's a chance if they even slightly pique my interest and then I'll decide if I'll keep getting them or not.