Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
Hello, I got into Fairy Tail not so long ago (just read vol. 10) and I have a question, if you guys don't mind.

One of my issues with action shonen manga is that it lack of women who can really kick ass. Not with magic powers or healing, or guns, but physically, with their fists or their sword. Yes, there are strong women, but most of the times, they are support characters (Tsunade), teachers (Biscuit), or end up being outclassed (Android 18). Or they are in a all women manga (Claymore)
What I'd like to see is a female Zoro, a female Vegeta, a female Hiei.
And so far, Erza seems to be that. And that's awesome.

So my question to readers who are up to date is: is she still one of the most powerfull main characters? Is she still a female Zoro (or at least Sanji) or is she now as irrelevant (in fights) as Nico Robin?
Oh you've got nothing to worry about there. Erza remains so hax and skilled that in the later arcs a lot of people kept waiting for her to fight someone she couldn't beat, just for a change, or at least someone who could both give her a tough fight *and* not suddenly get one-shotted after a 'behold my resolve' moment. Not counting the final villain of the Tenrou arc, as that was a team battle against someone clearly above any member of the team alone. Arguably the person she did have a one on one fight with in the Tenrou Island Arc qualifies, as she needed extraneous circumstances, but nonetheless she remains pretty top tier throughout the entire manga so far.