Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Hmm, I phrased that poorly.

What I meant was that I usually dread the frustration that often accompany Erza fights. You know, she gets beat up despite using some random assortment of armors and then puts on her flame pants and power of friendships the fight to victory. It's so overdone and annoying.

This I wouldn't mind it at all. Hell, skip directly to the flame pants of friendship and wreck the blade bitch. I would be fine with that.
    I wonder if they will pair up opponents the same way or switch things around for the rematch? There is still only three enemies and the team has 5.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

I don't think that "cut" actually passed through Erza's eyes at any point, but whatever. Bring on the rematch!

It was fun seeing how all the former Spriggan are doing.

Raws indicate that the counterattack is barely underway, so it looks like the Dragon Eaters aren't going down too quickly just because this is round 2. Erza has donned the flame pants but her fight isn't over yet.

Hard to tell from the raws, but seems like Wendy in dragon force can control Ash-guy's movements when he is in Ash form or something to the effect that she can telegraph his materialization to Natsu so he can land a punch. Lucy and Gray have not joined in yet.

Touka plot continues on as Jellal receives a rather menacing visit.

Chapter 14:

Lol, Erza. 😂

Jellal’s got a problem...hope he knows what he’s doing. Hope he doesn’t get brainwashed again or Worfed...but the guy’s never accomplished anything since beating OS that’s plot significant.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Extraordinary Member

I do appreciate that Laxus doesn't just entirely trust Touka just because she's in the guild and calls her out when she's being mean to Juvia.

Wendy's magic being good counter to ash DS is a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I do appreciate that Laxus doesn't just entirely trust Touka just because she's in the guild and calls her out when she's being mean to Juvia.

Wendy's magic being good counter to ash DS is a nice touch.

Yeah, it’s good but at the same time it makes it seem like the Jellal/Laxus tension’s fizzling and can only be reignited through artificial means.

And since this is a Shonen and Jellal v. Laxus is arguably the most interesting fight in the series from a power scale standpoint, I have issues with that.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Extraordinary Member

The latest episode of the anime had the fight against Ajeel (animation is what it is for Fairy Tail, though I was disappointed that Gray's silver technique was reduced to looking like his regular freezing attack instead of an AoE that covered a large portion of the landscape) and it got me wondering if Ajeel and the Ash DS would be in a constant stalemate if they fought each other.

100 Year Quest Chapter 15:

Touka has a split personality as it turns out, with her evil side being a powerful magic absorber who has a Karla the Grey Witch-esque view on Fairy Tail being too powerful a concentration of power in the world. But the other side of her personality appears to be a genuinely kind person. It will be interesting to see how they will handle her now that they have "caught" her but understand her scenario.

Erza has her sword cut down, but repairs it with an energy blade that she says was an enchantment provided by Wendy provided before they left for the Water Dragon country, since they knew they would be fighting dragons. The name references her Mom, no idea if that means something regarding its abilities, but that's for a future week.

Natsu has his rematch with the Armor Dragon guy, this time without the vehicle movement weakness affecting him. While he still can't damage his armor, he uses pure heat to overwhelm his heat resistance and beats him.

However, he also accidentally burned Wendy's top off, which will maybe make her incapable of participating to stop Skarion anymore. Lucy and Gray still haven't joined in yet.

Extraordinary Member

Just read the latest chapter.

I was once again hyping up a scenario that I knew would never happen. But darnit, a Crime Sorciere vs. Fairy Tail (-minus the main cast) over Touka could've been really cool.

Interesting developments though in regards to Touka. I wonder if her split personality is a more severe version of Zeref's personality shift.

Cool fight scenes are cool. Erza having a prepped anti-dragon blade with a neat callback name works for me. And I'm all about seeing Natsu the specific properties of fire to win a fight rather than just raw power, though that's used too here I guess.

Default Hundred Years Quest chapter 20

WHAT.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    WHAT.
    Yup.

This is a thing now.

...spoilers:
    I wonder if there was a mom or if dragons re-produce asexually.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Ignia is kind of an *******, but more in the he's so far removed from being a human way than the he's a regular ******* way. I think he'll gain more depth as the series moves on.

Certainly gave Natsu a big power boost. I wonder the water dragon will actually get killed here.

Default Hundred Years Quest 25-26

So for some reason this continent has its own Edo-FT . Y'know what, I'm just rolling with anything now.

I'm not sure the Western world is ready for FN-Lucy getting #MeToo'd by FN-Natsu

Wow, is it just me, or is that the most explicit Gray's been about his feelings toward Juvia, ever?

spoilers:
    And is that Juvina again at the end? Wheels within wheels...
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

I was ok with just accepting Fariy Nail as a one shot bizzaro chapter. So color me surprised when they use FN-Juvia to show us how Gray feels about regular Juvia, and yes this is the most explicit Gray's ever been about the whole thing.

This whole series seems to be leaning more towards shounen romance than the previous one. The NaLu-community is absolutely eating up that Natsu fried some guys that were hitting on Lucy.

spoilers:
    I think that's the real Juvia at the end. Which could be bad since we've got the whole Touka doing something to the guild bit.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

That.... that is big dragon.

And the Juvia situation is effectively creepy.