Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465 LastLast
Results 946 to 960 of 972

Thread: Fairy Tail

  1. #946
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    681

    Default

    100 Years Quest Chapter 56

    Wendy imagines using the few enchantments she can cast with her remaining magic to boost Happy, but instantly figures he'd still do nothing against the Doom godseed. The Doom godseed covers them in spores which siphon their life energy, but they are rescued by the arrival of the Fairy Tail C team. Initially the C team is overpowered, but Wendy uses all of her remaining magic to enchant them all with stat boosts, falling unconscious afterward. Warren directs a series of attacks from everyone which flank the godseed and knock him around, frustrating him. As the godseed prepares an ultimate attack as a counter, the combined efforts of the C team create an opening for Max to get in a final attack: a sand sword technique he learned from Ajeel when he spent time in Alvarez. The attack destroys the godseed.

    The C listers get a chance to shine for once.

    That dance magic that forces you to copy the way you dance would make that one guy a massively powerful support combo if he was teamed with any of the A or B team.

  2. #947
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Chapter 57:

    The Avatar God Seed becomes weaker when one of the other God Seeds is eliminated, so now Natsu can actually perceive the speed of his attacks. Seems like the Avatar seed was always going to be beyond Natsu to deal with but as the others fall he will get his chance.

    Lucy shows off a cool new Star Dress fusion of Aquarius and Scorpio, which lets her use a huge magic attack that can down some of the big minions, though it takes a lot of her remaining magic power. Still, Gray and Juvia are able to catch up with the Summoner Seed. The Summoner Seed absorbs Juvia since she uses her water form to avoid physical injury, but he is a tree essentially. He taps into her power to shoot water beams at Gray.

    When Gray admits that Juvia represents his "power to live" or reason to go on, Juvia practically goes into seizure mode with love and embarrassment. This ends up actually making her reach boiling temperatures which bothers the God Seed.

    Could be an interesting way to bring that particular God Seed down, though since the Chapter ended there it may take a bit more to defeat him throughout the next chapter.

  3. #948
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Chapter 58:

    Seeing how Juvia's temperature change affected the conjurer god seed, Gray gets the idea of freezing Juvia's water form to freeze their opponent. Juvia escapes and becomes a giant water/ice hammer and smacks the conjurer, then they follow up with a Unison Raid that finishes it off, causing all of the summoned soldiers to go away.

    A wild Brandish then appears.

    Her magic can't affect something as strong as Aldoron, so she offers to grow one of Fairy Tail so they can fight the main body. Gajeel, being a dragon slayer, appears to be chosen.

  4. #949
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,033

    Default

    Catching up again.

    Gruvia shippers (which includes me) have certainly been having a field day with the last few chapters. It's great to see Gray be a bit more open with his affection towards Juvia.

    New star dress combos for Lucy are always a nice addition. They're a fun aspect of her power set.

    Brandish (as mind meltingly hot as ever) just being there to try out a dessert and not being bothered in the slightest by all the chaos is a hoot. I am very excited about the prospect of a kaijuu sized Gajeel, he'll have a lot of fun with that.

    But my favourite chapter is the one where Wndy empowers a bunch of the side characters so that they can get to be really cool and win a fight for once. Now I just need Alzack and Bisca to get a chapter of their own as well.

  5. #950
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,033

    Default



    16 playable characters huh.

    So from what I can see that's Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Erza, Wendy, Gajeel, Juvia, Laxus, Mirajane, Gildartz, Kagura, Sherri, Ichiya, Sting, Rogue and Jellal.

    A good sizeable portion of the cast that you can put into lots of fun combinations.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 06-25-2020 at 01:24 PM.

  6. #951
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Chapter 60:

    The defeat of the other seeds has weakened the Aldoron God Seed enough for Natsu to kind of hang with him, although the God Seed maintains a decisive advantage. Natsu only delivers a hit because it turns out Gajeel has been turned colossal outside and is wailing on Aldoron's main body. Brandish can not make him bigger than Aldoron, and he can only hold that form for 3 minutes. The other tough timing issue is that Aldoron can revive the god seeds and put them back to square one if they don't finish him off quickly.

    But this all just makes Aldoron really angry and he promises to get serious.

    I find it interesting that Aldoron knows about Natsu and Ignia relationship. Since at the same time he seems bewildered at the amount of progress made by humanity during his rest, that would suggest his familiarity with Natsu comes from the dragon slayers' original time.

  7. #952
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Chapter 61:

    Aldoron launches a countless storm of thorn spears from both his main body and the God Seed's chamber, attacking Natsu and the rest of Fairy Tail. Natsu gets wounded pretty badly, and Gajeel gets hurt shielding Fairy Tail from the rain of spears, but manages to avoid his worst impalement thanks to Brandish, although this also means his time as a giant is up.

    With things looking dire for Natsu, he suddenly reaches a level of heat that finally lets him burn the wood, and seems to get excited at some revelation he's had that some things can't be burned just by increasing temperature.

    I wonder if he is entering some kind of dragon force or powered up mode? I know he's not supposed to have the END seed anymore.

  8. #953
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,033

    Default

    I'm sad kaijuu Gajeel didn't last any longer, and that he didn't try any special moves while he was at that size. But it was fun and awesome while it lasted.

    I'm a bit confused though. Did they all get off of Aldoron. Since it seems like he's shooting away from himself and hitting everybody. I might just be blanking on them all getting off him, but I was certain everybody was still on Aldoron.

    I'm thinking that Natsu is starting to access the remainder of the fire dragon god powers that Ignia left with him. Possibly giving Natsu a more permanent power up that doesn't disappear after the end of the arc it was introduced (which is a common complaint).

  9. #954
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,033

    Default

    Chapter 62: The battle reaches its climax as Natsu seemingly combines the flames of the three fire dragons he's been in touch with (Igneel, Ignia and Atlas Flame in a nice call back) to destroy Aldoron's core and deal absolutely massive damage to the main body itself. Aldoron also seemed to sense some demon in Natsu, so we might still get some E.N.D. action down the line.

    There's also had a neat little argument between the two about their different reasons for fighting and killing. It's not much but it's kinda unusual to get that kind of debate during a fight like this in this series.

    Gonna be interesting to see where the series goes from here.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 08-12-2020 at 04:02 PM.

  10. #955
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Chapter 62: The battle reaches its climax as Natsu seemingly combines the flames of the three fire dragons he's been in touch with (Igneel, Ignia and Atlas Flame in a nice call back) to destroy Aldoron's core and deal absolutely massive damage to the main body itself. Aldoron also seemed to sense some demon in Natsu, so we might still get some E.N.D. action down the line.

    There's also had a neat little argument between the two about their different reasons for fighting and killing. It's not much but it's kinda unusual to get that kind of debate during a fight like this in this series.

    Gonna be interesting to see where the series goes from here.
    That was a pretty badass chapter. First real indication of Natsu having power growth beyond where he ended the manga. And Aldoron still got some licks in and inflicted a lot of damage to Natsu's body before he was able to mix all three flames into one final punch (and that was after power reductions from the other seeds being defeated) so I think overall Aldoron went down while living up to his title.

    Should be interesting to see what the wrap up is and how Aldoron's main body is doing. Do we immediately go into Diablos' elite squad showing up or do we get a breather?

  11. #956
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    That was a pretty badass chapter. First real indication of Natsu having power growth beyond where he ended the manga. And Aldoron still got some licks in and inflicted a lot of damage to Natsu's body before he was able to mix all three flames into one final punch (and that was after power reductions from the other seeds being defeated) so I think overall Aldoron went down while living up to his title.

    Should be interesting to see what the wrap up is and how Aldoron's main body is doing. Do we immediately go into Diablos' elite squad showing up or do we get a breather?
    Yeah, that massive plume of fire bursting out of Aldoron is probably Natsu's biggest destruction feat since he blew up the war god. Coreography was really good this chapter too.

    I think they first have to show what's going to happen with the rest of the guild. Are they're sticking around on this continent or will they try to return home, or will some go back home and some stay with the main crew?

  12. #957
    Fantastic Member Reverse Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Hahaaaa, that was a cool one-liner to end on!

  13. #958
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Right behind you.
    Posts
    4,375

    Default

    So, Ignia's endgame seems to be that he wants to re-awaken E.N.D. within Natsu to burn the world, likely as a final F-U to his father. The Dragon Eaters are getting prepared to wage war on Fairy Tail and are even bringing out their elite soldiers. Selene seems primed to make her move while the White Wizard is OoA for the moment and we still know nothing about the Star Dragon God. Dragon-Venom is also noted to be MiA, so we may be seeing rematch between he and Wendy in the future. Other than that, we got some nice character development in terms of Gruvia and Jerza, with Gray finally being open about his relationship with Juvia and Jellal getting over his guilt and taking his first real step towards the future with Erza.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

    Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

  14. #959
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, Ignia's endgame seems to be that he wants to re-awaken E.N.D. within Natsu to burn the world, likely as a final F-U to his father. The Dragon Eaters are getting prepared to wage war on Fairy Tail and are even bringing out their elite soldiers. Selene seems primed to make her move while the White Wizard is OoA for the moment and we still know nothing about the Star Dragon God. Dragon-Venom is also noted to be MiA, so we may be seeing rematch between he and Wendy in the future. Other than that, we got some nice character development in terms of Gruvia and Jerza, with Gray finally being open about his relationship with Juvia and Jellal getting over his guilt and taking his first real step towards the future with Erza.
    A nice litte calm after the storm kind of chapter.

    I'm still surprised by how hard this series goes in on the established pairings. It's rather nice to see, even when I they're not my cup of tea. I love that Gajeel is looking forward to telling his kid about the time he grew to super kaiju size.

    When I saw Suzaku I wondered for a moment if he was God Serena reincarnated, but it turns out I just didn't remember Serena's design that well. Oh well.

    Still wondering how things will progress from here with the guild. Will they stick around or try to return home.

  15. #960
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Chapter 64:

    Breather chapter with some fanservice and fun in the baths. Brandish shrinks the girls so they can experience the bath like a small lake, but then forgets about them. Comedy hijinks occur. Some shipping stuff too.

    But then the White Witch wakes up, and says something cryptic about the moon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •