Extraordinary Member

Default Jonny Quest by Joe Casey and Sebastián Piriz

Dynamite has announced the creative team for its new ongoing Jonny Quest series: Writer Joe Casey and artist Sebastián Piriz. Casey’s credits include Adventures of Superman, Hulk, and Sex, and as a member of Man of Action Studios he is also a co-creator of Ben 10. Dynamite will preview the series with a 10-page story in its upcoming Free Comic Book Day (see “FCBD 2024 Gold Sponsor Comics”), which will have cover art by Chris Samnee.
    Inspired by radio serials and created by comics artist Doug Wildey, Jonny Quest was an animated adventure series about 11-year-old Jonny Quest, who traveled around the world with his father, Dr. Benton Quest, his adopted brother Hadji, his bodyguard Race Bannon, and his dog Bandit. The series ran for one season from 1964-5 but was kept alive in reruns for the next 20 years before being revived in 1986 for The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera.

"Fun adventure is what it's all about," Casey said in a statement accompanying the announcement. "Getting the characters' voices right has been a real kick."

Dynamite signed a multi-title deal with Warner Brothers last year to produce comics based on its legacy cartoon properties (see “Dynamite to Publish WB Discovery Cartoon Comics”). The first of these series was ThunderCats, (see “Orders Hit 170K for ‘Thundercats’ #1”), and Space Ghost, by writer David Pepose and artist Jonathan Lau, will launch on May 1.

Anther one to add to my list of things to check out and to get on FCBD. Love me some Jonny Quest.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Anther one to add to my list of things to check out and to get on FCBD. Love me some Jonny Quest.

-M
    ^^^Same, I’ve always like JQ!

Yay! Jonny !

so it's the old one, not the new one? Hmm.. fast forward a few years in the new one and you'd probably have Johnny jr.... for the obvious reason. Hmm.. sequel bait?

But yeah, the OG was more lighthearted and fun honestly.