Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1111

Thread: Fairy Tail

Extraordinary Member

Hell yeah, my queen gets the respect she deserves!

And what a massive victory she got. More than twice as many votes as the runner-up Erza.

It's also noticeable that Selene got to third place, beating out characters like Natsu, Gray and Jellal.

She's sort of the audience surrogate to a degree-she starts off as a rookie (although it's eventually revealed she's actually sort of rich but not really interested in that life), is not a Dragon slayer character or had the traumatic pasts or messed up parents of Gray and Ezra (Although she does lose her parents, it's from more natural causes).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Hell yeah, my queen gets the respect she deserves!

And what a massive victory she got. More than twice as many votes as the runner-up Erza.

It's also noticeable that Selene got to third place, beating out characters like Natsu, Gray and Jellal.
    Speaking of spoilers:
    victory, Lucy just pulled a shadow clone/substitution fake-out maneuver by using the Gemini twins as decoys while she hid in Horologium. I also might've forgotten but I think this is my first time hearing that Aries Dress specifically enhances the defensive attributes of the user. Lucy gets withered down by Kiria's constant assault until Laxus takes a hit for Lucy, which allows her to regroup and prep for her finishing move. She combines her Gemini Dress with Aquarius and starts spamming undines and water clones of her friends to distract Kiria long enough to for her to use Gottfried to eliminated her (which I was surprise to see is a canon spell and confirms that the Eclipse Spirit arc from the anime is canon to the manga as well). All in all, congrats on our girl's victory.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Speaking of spoilers:
    victory, Lucy just pulled a shadow clone/substitution fake-out maneuver by using the Gemini twins as decoys while she hid in Horologium. I also might've forgotten but I think this is my first time hearing that Aries Dress specifically enhances the defensive attributes of the user. Lucy gets withered down by Kiria's constant assault until Laxus takes a hit for Lucy, which allows her to regroup and prep for her finishing move. She combines her Gemini Dress with Aquarius and starts spamming undines and water clones of her friends to distract Kiria long enough to for her to use Gottfried to eliminated her (which I was surprise to see is a canon spell and confirms that the Eclipse Spirit arc from the anime is canon to the manga as well). All in all, congrats on our girl's victory.
    end of spoilers
    Great chapter as always, I'm curious should we start a thread for Eden Zero too. Mashima other work, its been getting good lately and its darker than FT. If you like, go ahead.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Speaking of spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I had forgotten about Horologium and his once a battle save feature. But it's an established ability so it gets a pass for me. Regarding the defence comment, it might depend on the translation but the one I read had the comment be aimed towards Horologium rather than any upgrade Lucy gets from Aries.

I'm always happy to see Lucy flex new powerful combo dresses, and combining Gemini with Aquarius to create water clones is a clever application. WhileI will admit that I kinda skipped out of the Eclipse arc after a certain point I'm not surprised that it's considered canon. If the Key of the Starry Sky arc and the second movie can get canonized through off-hand mentions then this certainly works too.

Regardless, Lucy victory is best victory!
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

So I'm not entirely sure what happened here: Erza's magic eventually overrode the personal dimensional space her opponent created? And the overwritten space was red because it was like, the representation of her being pissed off about her damaged hair? Seems like another "because she's Erza" victory.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, that was very much a "I'm losing, I better WIN!" moment.

A shame, I was kinda liking the idea that Erza found a clever way that's unique to her magic to at least function in her opponent's oppressive dimension. Elaborating more on that would've been prefered over just suddenly taking over the whole dimension and winning.

Oh well, Erza's gonna Erza.

Astonishing Member

Great chapter, things are getting intense, no spoilers, just saying read it all of you that been following.

Extraordinary Member

It's certainly wallop of a cliffhanger.

I hope Selene doesn't die here, I'm quite fond of her.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Well if she does, at least no one will bitch online about her "jobbing" to Fairy Tail.

I guess Erza's battle kinda ended with mutual KO due to the multiplied damage Erza took when the dimension ended. Wendy helped but I'm guessing she's out for the moment.

But Kirin is still a thing. I wonder if he and Laxus get a rematch this soon or if he ends up encountering someone else. Right now the hype is all set on Selene vs. Ignia though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Great chapter as always, I'm curious should we start a thread for Eden Zero too. Mashima other work, its been getting good lately and its darker than FT. If you like, go ahead.
    We need a thread for Eden's Zero. So good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    We need a thread for Eden's Zero. So good.
    Amen.

Also new chapter is out, alot of Dragons fighting, poor Natsu PTSD from Tartaros. its up to read, hope to hear what you guys think.

Extraordinary Member

Natsu being triggered by dragons fighting because that's how his father figure died is a really good touch. You don't see that too often in these battle focused series.

Still hoping Selene will be ok. She's fun.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Selene has both moon- and water- themed powers, so an illusion is still a possibility.

Doesn't seem that Fairy Tail does that many deaths apart from the villains who don't become good guys or the mentors/parents.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth