Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

"Oh right, I could've just had you do everything in under a minute, huh? Doh!"

Finally caught up with a bunch of chapters! I sure missed a lot while I was out I liked Erza vs Luxus, Happy's quick thinking, and Irene pulling a Carol to rejoin the story.

Suddenly I'm reminded that Gray has type advantage against Mira, and still came out looking totally uncool

Edit: It's pretty good type advantage, too. One good shot let him take out Mard Geer after the latter tanked Dragon Force sword horn. I think he could win a serious fight with Mira if it came down to it in-story. (And if she didn't Macro him, I guess.)
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 02-15-2020 at 05:04 AM.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Chapter 50

The wood dragon wakes up and restores its powers rather than lose them. Turns out White Witch was lied to about the orbs, they were seals. The people of the cities were also tree people that get reabsorbed. The white witch also loses her powers. Fairy Tail is no longer under her control and they have no memories of being controlled, except Mest, due to his memory magic. Wendy and Natsu confront the White Witch.

The one who gave the witch bad information was the Moon Dragon God, who seems interested in sowing disorder. Unsurprisingly, her human form is ridiculously curvy.

Chapter 51

Wendy (whose outfit is pretty fucked up at this point) uses the last of her magic to perform Irene's separation enchant and manages to free Touka from the White Witch. As the cities begin to collapse around them, Natsu carries the White Witch with him since he still wants to understand just what her deal is. Natsu is also resolved to fighting with Aldoron.

Meanwhile, the equivalent Magic Counsel of this continent arrives to deal with Aldoron. They have a big fleet of ships each equipped with magic cannons stronger than Jupiter, which they bombard Aldoron's face with to no effect. Aldoron makes massive tree spires grow up from the ground into the sky which pierce and destroy all of the Magic Counsel ships. Meanwhile, both Igneel's son and the Moon Dragon are amused at the situation.

Extraordinary Member

You know, hyping up the White Witch to be on par with Zeref was pretty misleading it seems. I mean, taking control over people like that is certainly scary and potent. But it seems like she wasn't really capable of anything else. And Zeref was certainly never anybody else's amusement. Oh well, there's still time for her to do better I guess.

I wonder if there's a continent in this world where the Magic Counsel doesn't suck. I doubt it.

Also. Selene the Moon Dragon God. Like... She... ...I kinda want a very detailed figure statue or something of her.

I mean, maybe their magic council doesn't suck that much, but the measuring stick was a dragon around Acnologia level, so...

Also. Selene the Moon Dragon God. Like... She... ...I kinda want a very detailed figure statue or something of her.
    Hmm...figures based strictly off of 100 years Quest might be possible one day. Although out of all the female cast in Fairy Tail, so far I think only Lucy, Erza, Juvia, Wendy, Mira Jane and Yukino have received figures. So a Selene figure is pretty far our there.

Astonishing Member

I seem to notice which is good that People seem to be enjoying 100 year quest more and seeing alot less flaws compare to Alvarez. yeah Im enjoying it, not only downside is that these biweekly releases are killer with the pacing....... i mean mashima is also doing Eden Zero weekly so that still something even if all he does is the rough draft while Ueda does the heavy lifting in finishing the art.

So Aldoron teases us with Wood Clone Gildarts, although there doesn't appear to be a follow up to this as of chapter 53. Now that they know the White Witch spell is over though, Cana has no problem releasing Fairy Tail back into action and we get to see everyone work together against the tree legions. Mira's magic is back since she can transform again.

On Natsu's end, Natsu shows an unusual amount of intelligence and thinking outside the box when he focuses his imagination on Zeref. Aldoron creates a Wood Clone Zeref in response, but then his accidental death curse aura starts scathing through Aldoron's body of plant-life.

Chapter 54:

Aldoron recalls the memory seeds so Zeref doesn't kill him. Instead, he deploys his elite guard God seeds. One confronts the big group, another against Laxus and Jellal, and another against Wendy. A final crowned one confronts Natsu and may be a incarnation of Aldo himself

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Caught up with several chapters again. Great stuff Interesting that Mest can check on his own whited-out memories.

The local Council brought in an impressive amount of firepower on short notice, but unfortunately not the dragonslaying kind. RIP.

I chortled at "You have dealt 1 point of damage to Aldoron," everyone being chased by a pack of Makarov clones, and Natsu's idea of his strongest enemy. Wolfen's Historia isn't as convenient as Neinhart's, but it's still busted when he has unlimited clones and mana to put behind it. I guess they'll still have to beat him later along with the other four god seeds. (I like their designs too, notwithstanding the obligatory silly one.)

So we've got the water dragon, Igneel's son, Aldoron, and the moon dragon (those aren't moons... ). That leaves one more, unless there's a reveal I forgot.
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 04-21-2020 at 10:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member

And caught up!

It was nice to see Natsu use a fairly clever tactic to his advantage, I'm a bit sad that the tactic lasted less than one chapter. But it's pretty natural that Aldoron would be able to dispell his own seeds if necessary.

And now we have a new miniboss squad to deal with, with some fairly unusual line ups facing each members (besides Natsu going up against the main boss). Could make for some interesting showdowns.

Chapter 55:

Aldoron is revealed to have been injured centuries ago in battle with Acnologia and fled to heal his wounds. Over time he healed by absorbing the nutrients from the plant people living on him, and he grew larger until he reached his current size. He felt he could no longer control his power and created the orbs and the god seeds to help mitigate it. Now that he's awake, he wants to crumble the land beneath him and absorb it as part of himself. Natsu is unable to see the Aldoron god seed's attacks and gets hit again.

The Fairy Tail group is having problems with the giant golem army since even Gajeel can't take them down easily. Juvia and Gray attempt to attack the conjurer but he makes more golems to block their attacks, implying they may have to focus on getting an attack on him somehow.

Jellal assumes the god seeds were the ones that hurt Erza. His opponent just says he can feel that Jellal's gears are starting to turn, don't know what that means so far.

Charle goes human form to fight against the doom seed, but after he catches her kick she becomes afflicted with...Chia Pet Petrification. A flower on her head starts to fall petal by petal each minute, and when all gone (5 minutes) she will die. Wendy is unable to reverse it as it is not an abnormal status effect.

Astonishing Member

is it me or it seems that 100 year quest seem to be getting a better reception over the Alvarez war arc. the story and battles improved

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    is it me or it seems that 100 year quest seem to be getting a better reception over the Alvarez war arc. the story and battles improved
    I'm not as harsh on the Alvarez War arc as the online "fanbase" tends to be, but it is definitely the case that only about half of the Spriggan 12 got showings that really lived up to the hype the arc built up for them (I understand that what happened with Brandish was kind of necessary given she is kinda broken without reasons to hold back).

Realistically, they are all supposed to just be the endgame opponents for Fairy Tail cast, but the setup did make a lot of people assume they were at a level where a lot of collaboration was necessary to beat them. And that only ended up being really true for Ajeel, Dimaria, the Big Three, and kind of for Jacob (who was really just unlucky to have Natsu among the group, but kind of sucks that his follow up against Mira was largely off-panel)

Just got into this series (as a lot of it's available on Kindle's unlimited service, although it only has the first 20 or so volumes and there's a lot more to go). Also started watching the anime.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

100 Years Quest Chapter 56

Wendy imagines using the few enchantments she can cast with her remaining magic to boost Happy, but instantly figures he'd still do nothing against the Doom godseed. The Doom godseed covers them in spores which siphon their life energy, but they are rescued by the arrival of the Fairy Tail C team. Initially the C team is overpowered, but Wendy uses all of her remaining magic to enchant them all with stat boosts, falling unconscious afterward. Warren directs a series of attacks from everyone which flank the godseed and knock him around, frustrating him. As the godseed prepares an ultimate attack as a counter, the combined efforts of the C team create an opening for Max to get in a final attack: a sand sword technique he learned from Ajeel when he spent time in Alvarez. The attack destroys the godseed.

The C listers get a chance to shine for once.

That dance magic that forces you to copy the way you dance would make that one guy a massively powerful support combo if he was teamed with any of the A or B team.