Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1109

Thread: Fairy Tail

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I've nearly finished the anime. Kind of curious what the fan reaction was to Zeref's "Darth Vader" moment (The identity of E.N.D) at the time.
    People were not surprised as many had guessed it already, half-jokingly and half-seriously. So it made sense and seemed like an interesting plot twist when it was revealed.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

A pretty good showing for Gray, who not only instantly creates a small army of giant frost armor knights, but can direct them to fluidly move and deliver the finishing blow against his opponent.

Natsu and Erza are up, and it looks like they are heading for a final confrontation with Selene. Selene vs. Suzaku is still going on, with Suzaku seemingly in rougher shape so far.

So are the OAVs available anywhere (officially licensed, of course) outside coupled with the TV series DVD/blu-ray box sets? Can't seem to find them on Crunchyroll or Hulu (Hulu does have the first movie though).

I know they're not that essential to the series and seem mainly based on the more risque' "Omake" stuff.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Chapter 89:

So the Elentir arc ends. And surprisingly, neither Selene nor Suzaku are dealt with yet and we don't even know where the portal they walked through went. So Selene isn't just a one and done villain for the arc.

Chapter was basically the celebration and cooldown of the arc as we prepare to return to Earthland.

Chapter 90:

The main team returns to the guild to continue their cool down before heading into the next arc. Erza makes an offer to Jellal for him and Meredy to join Fairy Tail so they can be closer.

Meanwhile, it turns out Selene faked her defeat to Suzaku because she wanted to attack the Diabolos Guild Master who had killed her son. And she just blatantly one shots him in brutal fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Chapter 90:

The main team returns to the guild to continue their cool down before heading into the next arc. Erza makes an offer to Jellal for him and Meredy to join Fairy Tail so they can be closer.

Meanwhile, it turns out Selene faked her defeat to Suzaku because she wanted to attack the Diabolos Guild Master who had killed her son. And she just blatantly one shots him in brutal fashion.
    I'm probably calling it prematurely, but am I the only one that suspects that Elefseria, the old man who assigned the 100 Years quest to Fairy Tail, of being the true leader behind Diabolos?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I'm probably calling it prematurely, but am I the only one that suspects that Elefseria, the old man who assigned the 100 Years quest to Fairy Tail, of being the true leader behind Diabolos?
    I don't know about Diabolos specifically, but a lot of people have submitted theories that his motives for the 100 year quest posting are nefarious.

Extraordinary Member

That curbstomp reminded me of when Acnologia killed God Serena. Just as quick and brutal.

I wonder if Selene will take over Diabolos now as their new master.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That curbstomp reminded me of when Acnologia killed God Serena. Just as quick and brutal.

I wonder if Selene will take over Diabolos now as their new master.
    Since she spared them out of respect for their power and seems to have a partial fondness for Suzaku, if only because he carries her son's magic, I think that's highly possible.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Mia San Mia!

NEWSFLASH: Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest is getting an anime adaptation

The announcement is at the end of the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS3mGu1O91A

Heh. I was wondering when they'd get around to doing this. Makes me wanna get caught up on the manga. I kinda fell off around the time Natsu met Igneel's other kid.

Extraordinary Member

Read the two latest chapters.

Selene did indeed take over as Diabolos' new guild master, saying that she fought Suzaku as seriously as she could in her human form. But her dragon form is a whole lot stronger. Her goal is to eliminate the other dragon gods to finish what began 400 years ago and make it truly a world for humans, where she will live on as a human.

She sends out Suzaku and his peers, the Dark Dragon Slayer Knights (who all symbolise the four beasts of chinese mythology) to kill Elefseria, whom she says is a human that's like a dragon, or something to that affect.

Team Natsu report their progress to Elefseria just as the Dark Dragon Slayer Knights arrive. But before they go after him, they'll enter a mysterious labyrinth targeting the sixth of the five dragon gods... meaning that somebody here is bad at math.

Chapter 95:

So Natsu and Lucy can still use magic as Dolls, but its pretty nerfed. They are considered eliminated from the game, but Selene admits it could be temporary. My guess is that Gemini, even if they are plush dolls when summoned, may be able to undo the spell.

Meanwhile, Laxus actually off screened Skullion and Mole. I bet they and Kyria won't get to do much during this arc unless one or more of them decide to use Dragon Force. For the time being Laxus is about to fight the McCool-Dude Black Dragon Knight, who I think was a yellow dragon slayer right? So probably can eat Laxus' lightning until he uses Red Lightning. Selene's comment seems to suggest this guy might be the strongest of the Knights.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Chapter 95:

So Natsu and Lucy can still use magic as Dolls, but its pretty nerfed. They are considered eliminated from the game, but Selene admits it could be temporary. My guess is that Gemini, even if they are plush dolls when summoned, may be able to undo the spell.

Meanwhile, Laxus actually off screened Skullion and Mole. I bet they and Kyria won't get to do much during this arc unless one or more of them decide to use Dragon Force. For the time being Laxus is about to fight the McCool-Dude Black Dragon Knight, who I think was a yellow dragon slayer right? So probably can eat Laxus' lightning until he uses Red Lightning. Selene's comment seems to suggest this guy might be the strongest of the Knights.
    I'm kinda hoping Laxus loses this one. He's kinda been on flame pants levels of annoying invincibility for quite some time now. But with decidedly much less personality than Erza.

Or if he's going to win with red lightning I hope it gets a better explanation.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 11-25-2021 at 03:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Chapter 96

Laxus and Kirin have a nice back and forth with Laxus getting the upper hand after the exchange. But Kirin starts getting serious to the point where Laxus compares his magic power to Gildartz (hopefully Kirin can live up to that).

Meanwhile Lucy summons Loke who guide the plushie crew to defeat their equally plushie monster opponent. It's oddly satisfying to watch honestly.

Lastly, Haku has discovered Wendy and Lily and made them his next targets. This could be an interesting match up if Wendy's boosting magics can counteract the nerf of being turned into a plushie.