Page 57 of 74 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

I usually get sad when something I've been invested in for so long ends but, with Fairy Tail all I felt was that it could have been better. It's quality dropped so much that I honestly didn't care that it ended and that's really sad, as it had so much potential. I notice that this has happened to quite a few manga's, they seem to lose their steam towards the end. I hope it doesn't happen to One Piece.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

So at NYCC Mashima apparently drew a sketch of Gray and Juvia's son, and said that his hair would be dark blue (a mix of his parents' hair colours).

Gruvia baby.jpg

I just wonder what kind of personality a kid would get with those two as their main influence. Like, I'm sure he'd be an overall good guy. But he's probably going to get some weird quirks.

Extraordinary Member

And the gang's back all of a sudden.

The new spin off manga covering team Natsu taking on the 100 year quest has begun.

It really feels like we're just stepping back into the story. There's lots of fun interactions and a cool reveal at the end of the chapter.

Natsu also has a fan girl.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    And the gang's back all of a sudden.

The new spin off manga covering team Natsu taking on the 100 year quest has begun.

It really feels like we're just stepping back into the story. There's lots of fun interactions and a cool reveal at the end of the chapter.

Natsu also has a fan girl.
    Ah, glad someone went to the trouble of finding the old thread.

The new mangaka is really good at imitating Mashima's style. Very different from how Boruto started out.

I hear chapter 2 is already out because it was a 2 chapter debut, but I've only seen chapter 1 make the rounds.

Ok, found chapter 2.

So the Dragon is a human dragon slayer who became dragonized like Acnologia, and he is the founder of all mage guilds and the guy shown in the flashback at the beginning of the first chapter. The 100 year quest is to defeat the five Dragon Gods of this continent who are all like Acnologia. Lucy's determination to go on this quest is based on the premonition that she will have a faithful reunion on this quest which is implied to be discovering Aquarius' new key.

And back at the guild, we have an interesting plot development. Natsu's new fangirl casually mentions the name of the woman from Avatar when trying to bother Juvia with a list of rivals for Grey, and Gajeel is highly suspicious of her having that particular knowledge.

Fun fact: Hiro Mashima has over his career named his protagonists after seasons. The only one who was missing is Winter. The main character from Eden's Zero name means 'Four Seasons.' The new fangirl character has a name very close to meaning Winter, so I imagine she will be of some importance.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Ok, found chapter 2.

So the Dragon is a human dragon slayer who became dragonized like Acnologia, and he is the founder of all mage guilds and the guy shown in the flashback at the beginning of the first chapter. The 100 year quest is to defeat the five Dragon Gods of this continent who are all like Acnologia. Lucy's determination to go on this quest is based on the premonition that she will have a faithful reunion on this quest which is implied to be discovering Aquarius' new key.

And back at the guild, we have an interesting plot development. Natsu's new fangirl casually mentions the name of the woman from Avatar when trying to bother Juvia with a list of rivals for Grey, and Gajeel is highly suspicious of her having that particular knowledge.

Fun fact: Hiro Mashima has over his career named his protagonists after seasons. The only one who was missing is Winter. The main character from Eden's Zero name means 'Four Seasons.' The new fangirl character has a name very close to meaning Winter, so I imagine she will be of some importance.
    I first read the dragons' group name as "The Five Dragons of Giratina" and got visions of a Fairy Tail crossover with Pokemon, which could probably be a fun one shot.

I figured that the Natsu-fangirl would be important since she's the only one of the trio from the first chapter to stick around. It also helps that her instant rivalry with Juvia is honestly hilarious. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the supporting cast are integrated into the story since I'm guessing the the focus will be on completing the quest on this other continent.

So far so fun. Everybody seems to be in character and we've got lots of fun plot thread being planted here and there.

Yeah it’s good stuff so far. Been rewatching Fairy Tail with a reactor and didn’t realize how much I missed it. Will be good to see the 2018 series in a few months.

So apparently some NaLu shippers out there are salty about this Touka character popping up. Personally, I see it as more likely that she’ll actually spur the relationship into full explicit canon than anything else.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Chapter 3:

Gajeel continues his investigation in Detective mode, and Juvia joins in on the conspiracy.

The team discovers weird creatures on their way to a city where they can find the first of the Dragons, the Water God. He, in a human form no less, ends up spotting them first though.

We also learn they can have one vague wish granted as a reward for the quest.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    So apparently some NaLu shippers out there are salty about this Touka character popping up. Personally, I see it as more likely that she’ll actually spur the relationship into full explicit canon than anything else.
    Oh come on. Natsu hasn't even met Touka yet and they're actually worried?

Le sigh. *waves his Natsu/Lucy BROTP flag*
    Chapter 3:

Gajeel continues his investigation in Detective mode, and Juvia joins in on the conspiracy.

The team discovers weird creatures on their way to a city where they can find the first of the Dragons, the Water God. He, in a human form no less, ends up spotting them first though.

We also learn they can have one vague wish granted as a reward for the quest.
    I'm so glad that we're keeping the "Gajeel is really proud of his police authority* gag. It's always funny and cute. And seeing him and Juvia interact for silliness brings a smile to my face.

I'm guessing that the team are about to get their asses kicked so that we can get a proper idea of how strong the dragons are. Because despite Erza boasting on Natsu's behalf, there were quite a few caveats to him beating Acnologia. I mean, it's technically true but it's also an over simplification.

Was the prize that they'd get one wish for the whole group or one wish each?

Was the prize that they'd get one wish for the whole group or one wish each?
    One wish each seemed to be how they understood it, given that each of their wish ideas were pretty focused on themselves as individuals.

I guess Wendy's experience in Irene's body did not dissuade her envy of endowment. But why the heck would you use up the wish on something you're going to at least partially get in time anyways? She might lean closer to Levy than Lucy eventually and the wish would thus be the fantasy equivalent of a boob job, but she doesn't know that for sure so its a gamble. At least Gray's Exceed wish is something long lasting and hard to come by. I expect Natsu and Happy would probably waste their wish on something stupid and fleeting too.

Extraordinary Member

One wish each seemed to be how they understood it, given that each of their wish ideas were pretty focused on themselves as individuals.

I guess Wendy's experience in Irene's body did not dissuade her envy of endowment. But why the heck would you use up the wish on something you're going to at least partially get in time anyways? She might lean closer to Levy than Lucy eventually and the wish would thus be the fantasy equivalent of a boob job, but she doesn't know that for sure so its a gamble. At least Gray's Exceed wish is something long lasting and hard to come by. I expect Natsu and Happy would probably waste their wish on something stupid and fleeting too.
    I guess that's the benefit of them all being rather happy and content with their lives. They can waste uber wishes on stupid crap.

I can imagine Erza wishing for a really tasty cake.

Extraordinary Member

New chapter is out.

It's the first full out fan service chapter with swimsuits and typical beach episodes shenanigans.

The town is populated by fish that turn into people at low tide, because it's a fun surprise for anybody who visits. That's weird and funny concept, I must say.

The fish all seem VERY devoted to the sea dragon god.

Meanwhile, Gajeel and Juvia investigation uncover another twist to the story. Touka's got a tail, so she might not be entirely human or something. Is she maybe an exceed? Seems like an exceed tail.

New chapter is out.

It's the first full out fan service chapter with swimsuits and typical beach episodes shenanigans.
    Good. Gooood. Now you know it is a true Fairy Tail sequel.

Meanwhile, Gajeel and Juvia investigation uncover another twist to the story. Touka's got a tail, so she might not be entirely human or something. Is she maybe an exceed? Seems like an exceed tail.
    Exceed was my first guess as well. Might be misdirection though. Charle's human transformation skill also includes cat ears so she may be something a little different.

Extraordinary Member

Aww, Sorano is dorky doting big sister to Yukino. That's adorable.

Apparently Jellal is searching for Touka, and she might be super dangerous. I'm guessing that she doesn't know that her secret identity has been compromised, cause she's not trying to hide or anything. She's just hanging out at Fairy Tail.

Meanwhile, team Natsu are fish now as the mystery surrounding the town deepens.

Their discussion about how to handle the five dragons is interesting. Makes me wonder where they all fall between Igneel and Acnologia on the good and evil spectrum.

Extraordinary Member

Fourth generation of dragon slayers? When did those appear. *has a thought and looks it up* Oh, they're from the second movie. That's a neat detail to bring in. Still haven't seen that yet, if it wasn't obvious.

Anyway, now we have the fifth generation and if they're all like Kyria here I'm kinda concern. Because an entire guild of people that physically overpower dragons and eats them and might be a bit crazy because of it will be a massive problem. And is it just me or did it seem like she wants to eat Natsu too?