Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Default Hundred Year Quest ch.10

Well, that's cheap!

spoilers:
    Guess we'll be stuck with Moerza for a while. I sense some comedy potential.

Dang, even the Fire Dragon King series does nothing to Rocksteady. And tricking him onto a boat is out. I wonder what sort of attack options he's got.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Ok, so we've basically got an ash logia, a dude that's dumped a majority of his stat points into defence and a crazy chick that can cut everything including aspects of your personality. And there's an entire guild of these people.

This might require a power up for all around.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    How many episodes there will be?
    I don't think that's been announced.

More than just one regular season though, that's for sure.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Chapter 11 of 100 Year Quest.

No more info on Blade Dragon's more esoteric cutting, but Erza remains in her predicament.

Twintail Bikini Dragon Force!

Ash Dragon Slayer seems very powerful, but presumably him straight turning you into ash does not kill you. But he may have to be defeated to get Gray back.

Natsu too bothered by the transportation.

Jellal confronts Touka. Should be interesting.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Let's hope that was an ice clone.

Extraordinary Member

That's a total party wipe. Gonna be interesting to see how Gray gets out of his predicament, he did get a really cool fight though before going down.

I wonder if Touka is going to blow her cover or if she'll stick to her story, or if she's even aware of what Jellal will be accusing her of.

Uhhh....Ultear somehow shows up, reverses time of the ash, which at this point is no longer a person, just inanimate ash due to the magic, which restores Gray? That's all I got, not considering the massive hole that Ultear can only show up now or use magic in situations outside the normal flow of time.

IOW I got nothing, lol
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Chapter 12:

So we skip ahead to after the battle so, this loss for team Natsu sticks. Granted, Natsu being on a boat leaves a big question mark for how it would have gone down otherwise.

Touka of course plays dumb to Jellal's accusations. We learn that the White Witch had its own Avatar-esque worshipping cult, and their desires are just as bad as Avatar's was. Before he can interrogate her further however, Laxus arrives and defends her because she is technically a member of the Fairy Tail family. This may lead to a standoff (a lot of people have wanted to see Laxus vs. Jellal).

Meanwhile, the Dragon Eaters took Wendy, Natsu, and Erza as captives on their boat and discuss going after the White Witch. Erza is being treated as a pet for the blade dragon lady. Lucy and the cats are trying to look for them, but instead come across Brandish, who reveals that she rescued Gray by Shrinking him away before he got dusted.

A lot of places where this arc can go now. I'm surprised the spin-off is opting for lengthier plot threads instead of wrapping things off quickly and moving on to the next Dragon.

Brandish getting involved would be pretty epic. Hopefully this allows her to show off the true brokenness of her magic.

Laxus vs. Jellal could be interesting, but I imagine Jellal would stand down and come up with another strategy before risking town destruction to their fight.

Certain reaction shots of Wendy glaring at the Blade Dragon Slayer for mistreating Erza make me think she'll play a big role in the rematch takedown.

Extraordinary Member

Wooh!!! Brandish is one of my favourite villains turned good guys in the series. I hope that she gets to really kick some ass here, I will be so annoyed if the villains get a "Oh, but we can totally no-sell this previous broken magic because reasons!" moment. Though it is REALLY convenient that she was just lazing about and was able to make sense out of the ocean being frozen and turned to ash long enough to save Gray's ass. I mean, she could totally be on a mission, but even then it's a strech.

Any way, I'm happy that she's here.

The Jellal/Laxus situation seems like such a teaser moment that should go anywhere. I mean, seeing the two of them punch it out would be fun but it's more in line with Jellal's personality that he doesn't start a fight that could tear up the town. He should totally take his concerns to Makarov, though he did want to avoid including Fairy Tail but that ship has sailed I guess.

Regarding the Erza situation. I've seen some reactions pointing it out as a very disturbing case of fan service and too much of an extreme and misguided way of responding to the common complaint that Erza bulldozes her fights. And I can see what that's coming from, but it is also supposed to be disturbing and hatred inducing towards Kyria so I guess it achieved its goal. But I think it's more annoying and frustrating than anything else, and I do kinda want it to end right now so that Erza and/or Wendy can beat the **** out of Kyria.

For a potential re-match I hope Erza busts out the nakagami armor as that would allow her to cuts Kyria's magical slashes and the reaction of Kyria's stupid face would be amazing.

This is still pretty good. I'm glad to see Brandish back, and the White Witch storyline is getting interesting. We'll see if she stabs Laxus in the back as he tries to defend her, if she keeps up the charade, or if there even is a charade going on.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-15-2018 at 04:13 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Seriously?! Freaking Laxus vs Jellal?!

...I dropped off 100 year Quest due to being busy, but that made me catch up in a hurry. The number one thing on my Fairy Tail bucket list that never happened.

I do agree with you Dark Soul; the Erza situation is some weird combination of a little bit refreshing and mostly annoying and tasteless.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Chapter 13:
    No throwdown for now. Good for Jellal to stay in character but the idea of that fight is too good to waste. Hope they deliver in the future.

Erza gets through the strength cutting...probably for the best. I’d rather her lose straight up but it’s Erza...that just doesn’t happen.

Brandish was the MVP of the chapter, no arguing there.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Extraordinary Member

Huh, I wonder how long the two stories are going to stay unconnected. Like, are team Natsu going to keep being on their own epic adventures while the Touka situation escalates and gets resolved by the characters left on Fiore? Cause that would be kinda cool. Ooh, what if we're heading towards a Crime Sorciére vs Fairy Tail (minus team Natsu) situation.

Brandish is always tons of fun and I enjoyed her interactions with Lucy this chapter. Interestingly enough she also added content to Lucy's side quest.

Normally I would kinda wish for Erza to lose. But not now. Everybody kick the bad guys' asses!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Huh, I wonder how long the two stories are going to stay unconnected. Like, are team Natsu going to keep being on their own epic adventures while the Touka situation escalates and gets resolved by the characters left on Fiore? Cause that would be kinda cool. Ooh, what if we're heading towards a Crime Sorciére vs Fairy Tail (minus team Natsu) situation.

Brandish is always tons of fun and I enjoyed her interactions with Lucy this chapter. Interestingly enough she also added content to Lucy's side quest.

Normally I would kinda wish for Erza to lose. But not now. Everybody kick the bad guys' asses!
    I mean, Erza and everyone else already kinda lost anyway. I mean they transitioned from the battle site to just casually travelling on the boat, so you can't really call this a comeback in the same fight. This is closer to the Straw Hats getting punked on Water 7 only to win their counterattacks at the Lobby. At least I'm assuming they are going to win this time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    I mean, Erza and everyone else already kinda lost anyway. I mean they transitioned from the battle site to just casually travelling on the boat, so you can't really call this a comeback in the same fight. This is closer to the Straw Hats getting punked on Water 7 only to win their counterattacks at the Lobby. At least I'm assuming they are going to win this time.
    Hmm, I phrased that poorly.

What I meant was that I usually dread the frustration that often accompany Erza fights. You know, she gets beat up despite using some random assortment of armors and then puts on her flame pants and power of friendships the fight to victory. It's so overdone and annoying.

This I wouldn't mind it at all. Hell, skip directly to the flame pants of friendship and wreck the blade bitch. I would be fine with that.