Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1110

Thread: Fairy Tail

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Chapter 97:

Haku develops a crush on Wendy but tries to use the safety of her friends or the outcome of their fight to force her into going out with him. Irene can apparently talk through Wendy and has her agree to the terms just because she was bored watching them talk and wants them to get to beating Haku down. Wendy is indeed immune to the plushification and can reverse it in others, but she is outmatched in power and speed from the White Tiger Dragonslayer, who claims to be FTL. Not only that, he was able to plush Irene out of Wendy since he can do that to spirits and personalities, and since Irene doesn't have a body to go back to Wendy can't cancel it. Meanwhile, Laxus is losing to Kirin.

Chances are Laxus gets up and gives a showing for Round 2, though I do kind of hope Laxus loses to make the outcome of the overall game have more tension. Otherwise Selene's decision to even bring Laxus into this seems suspect, but of course she may not give a **** if its all just entertainment to her.

As for Haku, I'm wondering if plushing Irene will actually be his downfall. We know you can still use magic in plush form, and he just gave Irene a separate body from Wendy. It may be a plush, but her two lieutenants if I recall were inanimate objects she turned into humanoids, so...yeah, he still may have given her a body.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Chapter 97:

Haku develops a crush on Wendy but tries to use the safety of her friends or the outcome of their fight to force her into going out with him. Irene can apparently talk through Wendy and has her agree to the terms just because she was bored watching them talk and wants them to get to beating Haku down. Wendy is indeed immune to the plushification and can reverse it in others, but she is outmatched in power and speed from the White Tiger Dragonslayer, who claims to be FTL. Not only that, he was able to plush Irene out of Wendy since he can do that to spirits and personalities, and since Irene doesn't have a body to go back to Wendy can't cancel it. Meanwhile, Laxus is losing to Kirin.

Chances are Laxus gets up and gives a showing for Round 2, though I do kind of hope Laxus loses to make the outcome of the overall game have more tension. Otherwise Selene's decision to even bring Laxus into this seems suspect, but of course she may not give a **** if its all just entertainment to her.

As for Haku, I'm wondering if plushing Irene will actually be his downfall. We know you can still use magic in plush form, and he just gave Irene a separate body from Wendy. It may be a plush, but her two lieutenants if I recall were inanimate objects she turned into humanoids, so...yeah, he still may have given her a body.
    I'm warming up to Haku, he's a pretty delightfully silly yet intimidating villain. And pulling Irene out of Wendy so that she can win on her own is appreciated. The idea that Irene can give herself a human body is possible based on what you've laid out, but I suspect that it would be drastically weaker than having an actual body.

I'm hoping that this defeat is real for Laxus and that he'll be get to shine a bit more later on when the group fights Earth Dragon God, if that dude gets revived or something along those lines.

Chapter 98:

A very good showing for Wendy feat wise. Even if Haku's statements are hyperbole he was blitzing and flash stepping in ways we rarely see in Fairy Tail and Wendy was able to react and counterpunch him even without DF, albeit getting thrown back by his power and momentum.

Haku also has weird string powers which can entangle people or weave into an army of plushies that are strong enough to hold Wendy down. But as expected, Irene wasn't out for the count and enchanted herself onto one of these new plushies and then duplicated herself across the other plushies to boot, mobbing Haku and opening him up to a Sky Drill Ougi from DF Wendy. And while Irene performed the specific spell, she clarifies that she used Wendy's magic power as the medium, which indicates that Wendy is at High Enchanter level.

Meanwhile, Laxus continues getting beat up by Kirin, who is now swinging his coffin around like a Flail. It contains the soul of a king to power it up supposedly. A dragon king?

If Haku is truly down I wonder if Natsu and Lucy will de-plush automatically.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Chapter 98:

A very good showing for Wendy feat wise. Even if Haku's statements are hyperbole he was blitzing and flash stepping in ways we rarely see in Fairy Tail and Wendy was able to react and counterpunch him even without DF, albeit getting thrown back by his power and momentum.

Haku also has weird string powers which can entangle people or weave into an army of plushies that are strong enough to hold Wendy down. But as expected, Irene wasn't out for the count and enchanted herself onto one of these new plushies and then duplicated herself across the other plushies to boot, mobbing Haku and opening him up to a Sky Drill Ougi from DF Wendy. And while Irene performed the specific spell, she clarifies that she used Wendy's magic power as the medium, which indicates that Wendy is at High Enchanter level.

Meanwhile, Laxus continues getting beat up by Kirin, who is now swinging his coffin around like a Flail. It contains the soul of a king to power it up supposedly. A dragon king?

If Haku is truly down I wonder if Natsu and Lucy will de-plush automatically.
    The balancing act of having Irene be part of Wendy and an active participant in her battles while also making sure that she doesn't just chump out all of Wendy's opponents for her is an interesting one to read. In this case they acted as a team and had equal part to play in Haku's defeat, which along with how he just screwed over Natsu and Lucy makes sure that nobody can say that Haku's weak.

Poor Lily though, he often gets smacked down by the stronger foes.

It would be pretty appropriate if it was a dragon king in the coffin. I'm betting Kirin can fuse with it or something to boost himself up.

Extraordinary Member

New chapter is out.

Lucy, Natsu and Happy do indeed return to normal form with Haku's defeat, with Lucy and Natsu ending up in a usual cramped position.

Meanwhile Gajeel picks up an orb from a statue which shifts that labyrinth around along with everybody else, giving us a few new match ups.

Erza, Gray, Gajeel and Charla end up in one place facing off against Misaki who proceeds to tear up Erza's armor and hair with some kind of magic. She claims that she missed a bit both times, but I'm wondering if she's just being a troll.

Meanwhile Natsu gets to face off against Suzaku and Lucy is up against Kiria. These could both be fun fights and I have some high hopes for them.

Good girl points for Wendy who insists that she and Lily keep Haku safe since he's a kid, but she vehemently denies any kind of infatuation.

The numbers present in the Misaki fight is interesting. I wonder if Gray and Gajeel will actually need to jump in to help Erza. It equally seems odd that they would just stand by and watch.

I thought Misaki's magic is something like Telekinesis, and when she used it both times I think Erza just tanked the full effect but her hair/armor took the full damage instead of the intended body rip/scalping.

Since Kiria has already had her chance to sign I'm guessing that Lucy wins this one. Natsu vs. Suzaku should be interesting. Lots of people assumed Suzaku would fight Erza since he's a swordsman and she was the only one who reacted barely to his attack a while ago, but now we'll see if Natsu is up to the task if he powers up before Suzaku blitzs him.

And so the spinoff 100 Years' Quest reaches 100 chapters.

Now expecting Suzaku's blitz moves, Natsu is able to tank blows using his Flame Dragon King scales. Looks to be a good back and forth fight between them, but then here comes a surprise guest: Ignia! And he can burn through the tough material of the labyrinth. Selene is pretty shook by his appearance and says there is some secret to the labyrinth that she's afraid he knows about too.

Extraordinary Member

I did really enjoy the flow of the fight here as Suzaku was surprised by Natsu's quick development but able to accept it and fight back, and his test to see if Natsu's actually smart or just has good battle instincts made me chuckle.

Ignia is a neat surprise. He's feeling more and more like Acnologia in that he can shake the story into a new gear just by showing up whenever he wants.

Astonishing Member

Chapter 101 is out

Natsu and Suzaku propose a alliance against Ignia and Lucy vs Kyrie, with some fanservice back in forth, i usually hate it when Lucy is used for this but glad she quickly change to her celestial Cancer dress and returned the favor to Kyria in the end of the chapter.

Astonishing Member

102 is out, man that last page!!!! no spoilers, but I recommend you take a read.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    102 is out, man that last page!!!! no spoilers, but I recommend you take a read.
    Yeah... oh dear... I don't think it's going to last but that is certainly a rather gruesome bit of damage.

Not sure what will happen next. spoilers:
    Lucy picking herself up despite... that... or Laxus snapping out of his weakness.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yeah... oh dear... I don't think it's going to last but that is certainly a rather gruesome bit of damage.

Not sure what will happen next. spoilers:
    Lucy picking herself up despite... that... or Laxus snapping out of his weakness.
    end of spoilers
    I suspect that Mashima deliberately did this as a macabre callback spoilers:
    to Future Lucy getting her right arm amputated.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 02-24-2022 at 12:24 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I suspect that Mashima deliberately did this as a macabre callback spoilers:
    to Future Lucy getting her right arm amputated.
    end of spoilers
    Good call on that. It does certainly raise some major red flags. But I don't suspect that it will be a permanent change... would be pretty bold if it was though.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Finally caught up after a long break. I enjoyed Wendy, Natsu, and Lucy's fights a lot (but wow, that last page).

I liked the character moment of Luxus having no "strength" to cut, so I'm a bit sad to see it retconned for new plot convenience, but oh well.

Last edited by Len Ikari145; 02-28-2022 at 05:35 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!