Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Extraordinary Member

Fairy Tail: If the old ass hat had actually ever done anything remotely impressive this would've been cool enough. As it stands it just looks like a way to give Sting and Rogue a win without letting them play with the big boys, and once again they did not active their dragon force abilities. That's is annoying.

Zero: ...that is a lot of jailbait and les yays. ...I'm liking the interaction between Mavis and her future guild mates. They're fun together.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Sting and Rogue reinventing White Shadow Dragon's Rough Silk was a nice touch.

Zeira status: Still ambiguous. And she conveniently didn't catch any fish that she'd have to bring back...

I thought Isayama would be drawing Wendy to fit with the rest of the Monthly FT issue, but Erza is a nice surprise

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

According to a tweet with a picture of artwork from the other spinoff, Fairy Girls, the main characters are not just Erza and Lucy, as people thought/was reported before, but apparently Lucy, Erza, Juvia, and Wendy.

Chapter 410: How are Natsu and Gray getting out of this one?

Episode 39: This Stellar-Spirit-centric arc sure is treating Lucy like a punching bag.

Ice Trail 5: Really liked this chapter. Also the snow monster's design
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 11-22-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Anime: That episode was pretty lame in general.

Manga: Good fight sequence. I'm guessing that Lumen Historie will be used to save them.

Ice Trail: Great chapter. Finally a bit of a slower pace and the interactions where good all around. Also, more of Gildartz is appreciated.

Default Chapter 411

Dat chapter cover

spoilers:
    Well, that was a simpler solution than I expected: Gray tanks the curse with Devil Slayer magic. It's kind of underwhelming, but arguably better than being wished back by friendship.

Natsu finally goes DF without eating something, and Gray deals the finisher. It feels like Devil Slayer is more effective on demons than Dragon Slayer is on dragons. Maybe because demons are just weaker than dragons in base stats.
    end of spoilers

Episode 35: Thank Mirajane we're finally rid of Pisces. The card battle was everything I imagined (plus a random Nappy Dragneel :P), but not quite as entertaining as I thought it'd be Still, the simulated guildmembers were a great way to have some fun with the cast. (Trap Hole > Erza :P)

Which reminds me, volume 46 came with some imaginary-card-game stats for Tartaros:

The stats are Attack, Defense, Speed, Intelligence, and Curse Power. Some of the demons also have card effects that raise stats: Kyouka can increase hers by 100 per turn, Sayla can double her Atk, and Trafzer can triple his Def for 3 turns.

Kyouka is surprisingly overpowered, if we're to trust these stats O_o. Sure, she was the acting leader before Marde Geer was introduced, but still.

EDIT: Also, I thought the top three Wizard Saints were being saved for another arc, but judging by the next chapter title, maybe not...
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 12-01-2014 at 06:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Mixed feelings about this chapter.

It's nice that it's not Natsu that gets the final blow and it was established that Gray devil slayer magic would wreck Mard Geer, so that works out.

But I am not a fan of how Mard spazzes out the instant things start looking slightly bad for him. Also, Gray should've covered them both in an ice shield. That I could buy blocking an omnidirectional blast like Memento Mori.

So Natsu can go dragonforce on his own, like Sting and Rogue is Mashima would bother to remember that, and dragon force mode is A LOT stronger than lightning flame dragon mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Mixed feelings about this chapter.

It's nice that it's not Natsu that gets the final blow and it was established that Gray devil slayer magic would wreck Mard Geer, so that works out.

But I am not a fan of how Mard spazzes out the instant things start looking slightly bad for him. Also, Gray should've covered them both in an ice shield. That I could buy blocking an omnidirectional blast like Memento Mori.

So Natsu can go dragonforce on his own, like Sting and Rogue is Mashima would bother to remember that, and dragon force mode is A LOT stronger than lightning flame dragon mode.
    It wasn't normal dragon force though. It was Dragon Force "Shiranui Mode" (Unknown Fire mode).

I think what Gray did probably did involve a shield or something, which is why they were buried so cleanly, but I don't think whatever he did survived Memento Mori. And whatever got through it looks like he absorbed into his body or something.

Mard seemed more surprised and then angry to me. I mean Natsu pulled that Shiranui mode out and hit him with a super strong attack but that didn't do the job, so I think Mard was in one of those really indignant moods.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    It wasn't normal dragon force though. It was Dragon Force "Shiranui Mode" (Unknown Fire mode).
    On rechecking, it was the same mode/move he used on Zero. (Chapter 161 / Volume 20)

I think what Gray did probably did involve a shield or something, which is why they were buried so cleanly, but I don't think whatever he did survived Memento Mori. And whatever got through it looks like he absorbed into his body or something.
    Yeah, I can't tell if the half-demonized body was something he activated, or something Memento Mori inflicted.

Mard seemed more surprised and then angry to me. I mean Natsu pulled that Shiranui mode out and hit him with a super strong attack but that didn't do the job, so I think Mard was in one of those really indignant moods.
    His ultimate Zeref-busting spell failed, too.

Edit: Ooh, I just noticed Natsu got flame-horns in DF mode this time. Nifty.
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 12-01-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Default Episode 36

That episode was incredibly gay. Juvia missed out on a few dozen heart attacks.

Ha ha, time for Ophiuchus!

I thought they were going to give Nab a new middle name, but nah, Levy just couldn't remember his last name was "Lasaro". For shame!

Default Chapter 412

Definitely didn't expect that. Especially Weisslogia and Skiadrum being alive too. Explanations are in order.

Metalicana's new design looks a lot better than his previous Blue-Eyes White Dragon look.

I'm guessing Acnologia got depowered by Face too. Not sure if the true dragons got depowered as well, and are just wrecking the Faces with brute force. (On that note, dragons are still overpowered as hell. A bare handful of them are plowing through thousands of Faces across the continent in minutes. I'm not sure even E.N.D. could pose a threat if it revived now, so it's hard to see how the arc can continue. Then again, Lumen Histoire hasn't been used yet.)

So Ishgar is the continent name, not something specific to the Wizard Saints. Glad the top three are being (maybe) saved for later after all.

Hopefully Gray doesn't ruin everything next week.
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 12-08-2014 at 11:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member

...yeah. That was not on my list of things that would fix this. We totally need explanations for all of the things.

I think that it's a bit too early for Acnologia to lose, like at all if if he's lost his magic. He's probably not out for good, but it still feels a bit weird to see one of the two most hyped villains in the series fall down like this from an off-screen battle.

Gray's lost his tattoo. I wonder if that means that he's lost the demon slaying as well or if he's just lost the initial boost.

Now all that remains is E.N.D.

Dragons are awesome.

New Anime Episode:

Juvia and Levy finish their battles, so half of them are done at this point. Cute that Levy had to blurt out you know who's name, too bad they felt they had to mute it just to toy with people.

Yukino doing martial arts in that outfit will always be welcome.

Ophiuchus appears...and that was not the form I was expecting. I know the real life Ophiuchus is usually symbolized by a man carrying/wrestling with a snake, but I had not heard of it representing medicine or whatever they said here. If true, I guess that's an interesting thing to go with.

Fairy Girls RAW:

Only Raw available now, but based on that it seems like this manga will be "Lucy, Erza, Juvia, and Wendy Fanservice--the Manga!" Though they do get to kick some mook ass near the end.

Blue Mistral 2 is translated, but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Ophiuchus appears...and that was not the form I was expecting. I know the real life Ophiuchus is usually symbolized by a man carrying/wrestling with a snake, but I had not heard of it representing medicine or whatever they said here. If true, I guess that's an interesting thing to go with.
    I wonder if she has a non-evil human form?

Verbal tics are the work of the Devil.

No new chapter this week, apparently.

Extraordinary Member

Fairy Tail Zero: So Mashima does still know the narratative value of having his heroes lose big time. Good to know. It's a bit weird seeing Warrod being all hands on considering how he uses his magic later on.

Ice Trail: I do like that Gray and Gildartz are just going around being pals, more or less, and doing heroic stuff. The series doesn't have much of an actual story beyond that so far but it's fun. And now they're fighting that kraken apparently.