Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Fairy Tail Zero: So Mashima does still know the narratative value of having his heroes lose big time. Good to know. It's a bit weird seeing Warrod being all hands on considering how he uses his magic later on.

I think his overall mangaka history shows that he knows this; the issue with its rarity in most of Fairy Tail is a side effect of his fast pacing with FT. His arcs in the last few years have been very fast, and none of them intended to really set up antagonists that are meant to really be fought later on (with the exception of Zeref, but he's been more of an aloof villain than a "I kicked your ass, try better next time" villain). By the time Mashima sets up the fights between Fairy Tail and the main villains of the arc, he's already set the stage for it to be the climactic moments: the characters are backed against the wall, their only real options being that the Fairy Tail characters find a way to win somehow, or they die/the world gets ruined.

What we have here is a humbling defeat because, quite simply, Yuri, Hades, and Warrod need motivation to become wizards. Maybe Zeira too, given her declaration last chapter.

Actually I'm excited to see where Zeira goes, because I'm wondering if she'll crossover to the main Fairy Tail manga in some way.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

I think FT has early wipeouts in most of their arcs, but always come back by the end. Maybe this one feels different because the villains aren't forcing a short-term rematch, so the heroes might get an actual training arc. (Yay?)

Porlyusica shouldn't be alive yet, otherwise I would've bet they'd bump into her for medical treatment. Maybe she has an ancestor.

Extraordinary Member

Lucy in a short skirt police outfit. Be still my beating heart.

"I don't remember ever eating you." ...I would be annoyed at your stupid if it wasn't so funny.

I wonder if Acnologia was trying to keep Igneel from revealing the second reason. Also, good to see that Acnologia isn't out. I figured that he wasn't, but still.

And now the heaviest hitter has arrived. Looking as meek and pleasant as always. Dude's just looking for his book.

Guess Igneel ain't getting that book back...

Reason #1 might explain why Natsu was able to trigger Dragon Force on his own this time, with new flame horns to boot.

Fairy Girls is hilarious Erza seems more deadpan in this incarnation, but it works too.

On the anime side, Natsu vs Leo was pretty sucky for a boss fight. Looks like Natsu won with the same trick he used to beat Zancrow, so that's something.

spoilers:

Well, Acnologia's definitely no pushover.

RIP Igneel
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Zeref: Hi guys. Just checking in to see how it's going. You kinda screwed the pooch on this one Mard. That's ok, these things happen. You can take it easy now. Forever.

Gray: You killed your own creation.

Zeref: Yeah. I am the most evil mage in all of history and all that bad stuff. Besides, we're getting to the end of the arc and nobody really cares about Tartaros anymore. Now, I was going to get you to kill me Natsu, but Acnologia just had to steal all the thunder so whatever I do now it'll just seem like we're streching it. So if you guys can avoid getting wiped out like last time you faced him, I'll worf you like Sasuke did to the bijuu. K. Thanks. Bye.

God dammit!

At least Igneel got the second reason out before he died, even if it doesn't fully make sense. We still don't know what he needed END's book for though.

Edit: In related news, Igneel's dub VA (and narrator) Bob Magruder also died over the weekend
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 01-05-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Default Chapter 415

Wait, Acnologia just wandered off again after that? Come on! And the rest of the dragons evaporate. I was wondering if Acno would have to hunt them down or get in a dogpile fight, but it turns out he already drained their souls at some point. Still a lot of history we don't know.

"We can alter human memories essentially at will." Are you frickin' serious? I assume that's not something all dragons have, and that Sting/Rogue won't be developing those particular powers. (Then again, Rufus can supposedly already do that, now that I think of it.)

So the arc ends next week, since all the villains just up and left.

Edit: Did Franmalth sneak off?

Meanwhile, the anime filler arc ends in 3 weeks, and they'll be adapting some side chapters and a light novel next (plus a standalone filler ep).

I like the new opening visuals.
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 01-10-2015 at 04:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

That was a rather nice and touching good bye scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Wait, Acnologia just wandered off again after that? Come on!
    Well, E.N.D.'s book isn't in the area anymore and that was probably the main reason why Acnologia even bothered to show up. He doesn't seem like the most tactical of people so I guess that he's not all that concerned with leaving the puny human mages alive at this point.
    And the rest of the dragons evaporate. I was wondering if Acno would have to hunt them down or get in a dogpile fight, but it turns out he already drained their souls at some point. Still a lot of history we don't know.
    I wonder if the dragon slayers will start to transform and gain more physical dragon traits now?
    "We can alter human memories essentially at will." Are you frickin' serious? I assume that's not something all dragons have, and that Sting/Rogue won't be developing those particular powers. (Then again, Rufus can supposedly already do that, now that I think of it.)
    While there is a precedent for memory tampering in this series it still feels like something a bit out of the left field. This thing we were told happened by the guy who did it, didn't actually happen because their memories were tampered with. But we won't give any hints towards that.
    Edit: Did Franmalth sneak off?
    Or Erza just forgot about him again.

Extraordinary Member

Fairy Tail 416: Geez! That was a bitter sweet chapter.

Fairy Tail is disbanded. Looks like everybody is going their own seperate way to train and become stronger. The guild and several cities are in ruins. And Zeref is just waiting for them ...in a surprisingly comfortable looking lounge.

But all is not lost.

Wendy has long hair again!

Oh, and spoilers:
    E.N.D. is Etherious Natsu Dragneel
    end of spoilers

Fairy Tail Zero: Huh, so Zeref taught the Fairy Tail founders how to use magic. I did not see that coming to be honest.

Ice Trail: Pretty epic action in this chapter and it's time for Gray to meet Fairy Tail for the first time.

Whoa, lotta big events.

Does this mean we're getting a "real" timeskip now? Not sure if want; I was glad to avoid it last time. Some mini-arcs of their travels could be good, but OTOH could dilute the customary post-timeskip powerup showoff session.

1 year would bring us right to Fro's predicted death (well, technically past the predicted date), and possibly another GMG if they feel like participating again. (I doubt it, since making the tournament competitive would defeat the purpose of timeskip training, whereas an uncompetitive tournament is no fun.)

WTF Doranbolt??

END theory confirmed!

And a timeskip in FT Zero too. Didn't expect to get close to FT's founding date so quickly.

Extraordinary Member

Does this mean we're getting a "real" timeskip now? Not sure if want; I was glad to avoid it last time. Some mini-arcs of their travels could be good, but OTOH could dilute the customary post-timeskip powerup showoff session.
    We could see the beginning of their power up, like Gray learning about some new technique and then there's a timeskip to when he's fully mastered it. Stuff like that.
    1 year would bring us right to Fro's predicted death (well, technically past the predicted date), and possibly another GMG if they feel like participating again. (I doubt it, since making the tournament competitive would defeat the purpose of timeskip training, whereas an uncompetitive tournament is no fun.)
    In Negima there was a bit after the cast had been to the magical world and back where we saw one of them enter into a tournament that had been a big deal earlier in the series. She bulldozed through all of her opponents with ease in one page. So if they're bringing it back it might go like that.

Though I doubt that'll happen. The real reason for the GMG is over and done with and blown to smithereens.
    WTF Doranbolt??
    Yeah.

That was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    We could see the beginning of their power up, like Gray learning about some new technique and then there's a timeskip to when he's fully mastered it. Stuff like that.
    Yeah, we could see stuff like that. Power ups. New Techniques. New Resolves...

A 13/14 year old Wendy...

I've got my priorities set, I swear!

In Negima there was a bit after the cast had been to the magical world and back where we saw one of them enter into a tournament that had been a big deal earlier in the series. She bulldozed through all of her opponents with ease in one page. So if they're bringing it back it might go like that.
    Well, Yue and Ku Fei were able to win the whole tournament after demons and other magical beings were allowed common entry in 2015, so I'd say the combat students of Ala Alba had quite an advantage over the more "normal" participants who didn't have adventures in a magical world to toughen then up in the interim. At leas GMG opponents would hypothetically have the same time and reasons to bulk up. Though as you say the GMG as a concept has pretty much been done and probably isn't going to factor into the story again. Maybe a brief mention, like "oh yeah, we off-paneled the GMG last week; was awesome."

Yeah.

That was a thing.
    I expect Wendybolt shippers to crawl out en masse, tapping their fingers together while booming "Good...Good."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Yeah, we could see stuff like that. Power ups. New Techniques. New Resolves...

A 13/14 year old Wendy...

I've got my priorities set, I swear!
    I'm not even gonna deny it. I want the loli to grow a bit and add some maturity to her lolippeal.
    Well, Yue and Ku Fei were able to win the whole tournament after demons and other magical beings were allowed common entry in 2015, so I'd say the combat students of Ala Alba had quite an advantage over the more "normal" participants who didn't have adventures in a magical world to toughen then up in the interim. At leas GMG opponents would hypothetically have the same time and reasons to bulk up. Though as you say the GMG as a concept has pretty much been done and probably isn't going to factor into the story again. Maybe a brief mention, like "oh yeah, we off-paneled the GMG last week; was awesome."
    Sabertooth might win back the title but admit to themselves that they would be worfed if Fairy Tail was in the running.
    I expect Wendybolt shippers to crawl out en masse, tapping their fingers together while booming "Good...Good."
    It is a bit weird that Wendy doesn't really have a main shipping partner as of yet. I mean, there are a few camps but none of them are really in the running for a major Fairy Tail shipping.