Page 14 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Magick is Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    It is a bit weird that Wendy doesn't really have a main shipping partner as of yet. I mean, there are a few camps but none of them are really in the running for a major Fairy Tail shipping.
    I'm shocked Mashima hasn't started the Romeo/Wendy thing yet, seeing as they're practically the same age. Sort of have them in the same position as Alzack and Bisca pre-timeskip.
    Last edited by NightMage; 01-20-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: spelling/additional thoughts

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Just a heads up.

The new Special Chapter of Fairy Tail is perhaps the most fanservicy chapter of Fairy Tail yet conceived. And that's saying something.

So...just so you know, in case the translation happened to become available when you're at work or something...

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

I've resisted peeking at the raws so far in hopes of a translation

On the anime side, the Celestial Spirit King has turned into the Forest Spirit from Princess Mononoke. Makes for a weird and impersonal boss fight. On the bright side, I was completely distracted by Erza's outfit the whole time

Slightly disappointed that the secondary characters just got palette-swaps of existing Stellar outfits (especially the men, who all ended up in variants of Gray's cloak). Guess Mashima didn't have time to design new ones for the animators.

I'm surprised Arcadios was able to block the constellizer beam for a bit. It didn't seem like the sort of effect you could block.

Extraordinary Member

Omake: ...that was the best chapter ever.

417: Another silent chapter where Natsu & Happy meet up with Gildartz. It's pretty funny and you get a nice sense of their relationship.

Natsu's gotten stronger, wonder how he'd do with his lightning flame mode or DF mode. But Gildartz can wreck a mountain. So yeah.

Poor Lucy! Narrowly saved by comedy from a gruesome death.

And Erza just tanks it I like how she doesn't even beat Natsu up this time.

The new Gildartz chapter was hilarious

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Poor Lucy! Narrowly saved by comedy from a gruesome death.

And Erza just tanks it I like how she doesn't even beat Natsu up this time.

The new Gildartz chapter was hilarious
    Natsu had her permission this time around. It's when he's trying to be sneaky about it that she has to kick his ass.

Anime: The grindiest FT boss fight ever finally comes to an end.

If the recent pics of Lucy and Juvia are legit, those are some pretty nice designs for them post-timeskip.

Extraordinary Member

New chapter is out.

Now that is post time skip power up! Keep up the game like that Mashima. It'll be appreciated.

I'm liking Natsu's new design. He looks wilder but it's clear he's aged a bit. I wonder if he'll keep the cloak. I'm also digging Happy's ne shirt.

As for Lucy. We saw a lot of Lucy this chapter, I'm digging the side pony tail. I appreciated all of it. I'm gonna go appreciate it some more.

Everyone's gone to get stronger and Lucy... Gets a normal job. She couldn't be training as well? Why must she stay being the damsel in distress, this was a chance to make her better.

I am disappointed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Everyone's gone to get stronger and Lucy... Gets a normal job. She couldn't be training as well? Why must she stay being the damsel in distress, this was a chance to make her better.

I am disappointed.
    Now now. Let's wait until she's actually in a fight before we judge if Lucy's been left behind skill wise or not.

I'm dissapointed in how many people are dissapointed that Lucy got a job.

Who's to say she hasn't gotten stronger or trained some at the same time? We haven't even seen her fight yet. Moreover, just seeing her being able to trivially analyze the power levels of mages even when they've been hiding their true power shows that she at the very least has a much sharper battle sense than before.

But seriously, it's a job. Why am I seeing so many people on forums complaining that a character wants to fucking eat a decent meal.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post

Who's to say she hasn't gotten stronger or trained some at the same time? We haven't even seen her fight yet. Moreover, just seeing her being able to trivially analyze the power levels of mages even when they've been hiding their true power shows that she at the very least has a much sharper battle sense than before.

But seriously, it's a job. Why am I seeing so many people on forums complaining that a character wants to fucking eat a decent meal.
    It reminds me of how a lot of people reacted to Sakura in the final chapter of Naruto. She was cleaning a shelf, which obviously meant that she had abandoned her medical and ninjutsu training to stay home all day and wait for Sasuke to visi, and not that she was cleaning her shelf because it was filthy.

People really can be overzealous in pointing when female characters are being "weak".

I for one am looking forward to seeing how far along Lucy's gotten, especially with the magic she got from Aquarius.

I know it's too early to tell, but this has happened with Lucy several times. I just get frustrated as I see a lot of potential in her, she could be really powerful and not so reliant on Natsu. I thought this 1 year skip would give her some growth not focusing on Natsu or the others, but all her focus was on finding them. I would be happier if she was on a journey of her own searching for each member and getting stronger at the same time, I just hate seeing Lucy reduced to only fan service.
    I will have to wait and see, hopefully she's made significant progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post

I didn't know people had a problem with Sakura at the end of Naruto, I had no problems with it.