Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I know it's too early to tell, but this has happened with Lucy several times. I just get frustrated as I see a lot of potential in her, she could be really powerful and not so reliant on Natsu. I thought this 1 year skip would give her some growth not focusing on Natsu or the others, but all her focus was on finding them. I would be happier if she was on a journey of her own searching for each member and getting stronger at the same time, I just hate seeing Lucy reduced to only fan service.
    I will have to wait and see, hopefully she's made significant progress.
    It sounded to me like searching for the Guild mates was something she started doing only in the recent months, and only just now realized that she doesn't have any idea what kind of reunion they'd have if she did bring everyone together. And it seems to be something she's only doing because she misses them so much.

I'm sure she's made progress as a mage, but she's also got to take charge of her life and honestly becoming a reporter/editor for a magazine is a great accomplishment for an aspiring young writer. While I have no doubt she's trained, remember that the dissolution of Fairy Tail had rather different contextual meanings depending on the person. Natsu himself knows that he's prepping for a fight against Acnologia and Zeref, and so that has set the context for what this year of training has meant to him. But not everyone had that specific idea in their head, since Makarov never officially declared war against Zeref or anything, nor did his disbanding the guild come with any caveat that they definitely would come together in one years time ready for war. Erza, for instance, has no doubt trained just because she's Erza, but she didn't have an expectation that she'd be going into battle with Zeref either, merely a feeling like Tartaros' torture of her had brought out dark memories of slavery. Laxus definitely had a "I was too weak to protect my friends" thing going on, so he's probably been hardcore training, and Gray wants to take down END, so he's probably been developing devil slayer powers. But I imagine a lot of others have had to move past Fairy Tail's dissolvement in a matter of fact way. Levy might be just running a bookstore or something.

I'm interested to see if anyone just went ahead and joined another guild, but I'm on the fence as to whether that'll happen or not.

None of the other major guilds going to the Grand Magic Games raises a big flag in my head through. Not even Cerberus.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Dang, Natsu needs a haircut bad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Dang, Natsu needs a haircut bad.
    I disagree. I rather like long haired Natsu.

The adaptation of Natsu's babysitting adventure was about as cute as you'd expect. That and a...cake making adventure? To give Wendy and Erza screen time I guess.

You know, between the Eclipsed Celestial Spirits arc and the bikini picture of Hisui during the end credits of this episode, I think Hisui might actually be in my top ten females of Fairy Tail, so now I want more of her in the manga! Make any reason up Mashima! Maybe after the one year time skip she became Hisui, wandering warrior princess!

Extraordinary Member

New chapter!

Man! Natsu got his hair cut. I liked that design, it was cool and it gave us a visual cue that there's been a timeskip, which is one of the things that's fun about timeskips.

It's going to be neat to have them travel all over Fiore looking for the guildmembers. That has potential for loads of fun smaller arcs.

I also enjoyed the king regretting that he let Natsu off the hook for making a mess at the tournament.

Hah, Natsu didn't know the guild disbanded. Although with his new powerlevel, any rebuilt guild hall wouldn't have lasted a day. The town needs a new Natsu Mode, too.

He looked really shaggy, although I guess he could've just cleaned up the longer hair.

So Makarov's missing... I half-expected him to finally die of old age offscreen just to troll the readers.

The anime still blows at Erza humor, although there's been worse. I liked the Hisui ED.

Hooray Wendy! We have to wait until next week to get something other than distant shots of her on stage, but she's gone and joined Lamia Scale to be with Sheria. They are Idols now, essentially.

It makes sense that Wendy would go to Lamia Scale given their friendship, and she pretty much needs a guild unless someone volunteers to take care of her.

Lucy having trained during the timeskip is confirmed.

New villains who are targeting Lamia Scale. Odds are they'll do some impressive **** so that we understand just how much stronger the main cast has gotten when Natsu, Lucy, Wendy, and Sheria wipe the floor with them.

Oh, and human form Charle. Because...Fairy Tail needs more body pillow merchandise?

Whaaaa? What happened to Charle?!

Wendy looks pretty much the same, but leggier.

One guild having both of the only known white mages in existence is pretty unbalanced.

Natsu can now detect and take out bandits from beyond visual range with surgical precision. Neat.

Fairy Girls is pretty fun so far. Plot just kicked in, too.

Extraordinary Member

Fairy Tail:

When the anime gets to that performance they better animate the hell out of it! But seriously, it's nice to see Wendy being so comfortable enough in her own skin to do the whole musical artist bit. That's not something I would've expected from her in most situations.

I was actually a bit disappointed that Lucy and Natsu didn't get to spar. But it just makes me hype for me miss Heartphilia gets to kick some ass. Also, very fun long range feat from Natsu.

Those bad guys are kinda ballsy/stupid. This is Lamia Scale we're talking about. They have Jura on their side. Do they really want to piss off that guy?

Human Charle is way too cute. Stupid Mashima.

Fairy Girls:

Speaking of Lucy kicking ass. I enjoyed her fight scene in this chapter. Very bad ass.

Funny bath scene is funny, as is Juvia trying to stop Lucy from possibly looking at or mentally picturing Gray naked.

FT Zero: It's kind of weird that Mavis thinks they can't beat Blue Skull's master 4-on-1, but still thinks a cage can hold him. (And it's working!)

Extraordinary Member

Ice Trail: Chibi-Juvia and Lucy-papa! Cameos are fun.

I wonder how many Gruvia fans are led astray by all the young ladies Gray meets in this series.

Extraordinary Member

Ahh, Orochi Fin is attacking because Jura isn't part of the guild any more. Thank you for that swift answer. But I wonder how much it's taken to push them to these actions. They're apparently a legit guild but this'll push them straight into dark guild territory. Not gonna be good for them, especially if Jura would be allowed to come after their asses.

I like that Chelia totally stole Natsu' spotlight. It was funny and awesome.

Dang, 100k is a lot of monsters. That's the army of a country, or an evil overlord. I wonder if there was a mistranslation.

Extraordinary Member

Fairy Girls: Wendy and Juvia get to kick ass and it seems like this series will be using the sillier variety of villains that is usually seen in the anime. I'm down with that.

Anime: I see that they're still in the one shot filler episode portion of production. This one was especially weird, somehow combining two short stories that had nothing to do with each other to create something... odd.

It was funny seeing Charle fighting and Happy feeling like he had to show the results of his fish resistance training.

Blue Note is back. I guess we have a pretty decent measure for Natsu's growth now.

Wendy and Chelia probably take on the Orochi Fin guy while Natsu fights Blue Note.

Lucy can now wear celestial clothing based on her summons that gives her similar powers to that summon. I wonder if she has outfits for pretty much all of them.